Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: assani ruining the SE forum

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Assani, can you point me to some materials on Mayshaque? The internet seems to be particularly devoid of information, perhaps something my local library might have? I'm interested in learning more about onslaughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. "Practical Onslaughting in an impractical World" by Robert Mayshaque would be a great overview of his work.

103,103 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-30-2007, 07:56 PM

Borodog, I don't doubt the existence of the book, but sadly the jacket cover doesn't assist me in my quest to learn more about practical onslaughting in an impractical world.

I guess knowing the color of the cover will help me when I'm looking in bookstores though. Thanks for that?

Would you be willing to lend me your copy of the book?
Old 10-30-2007, 07:59 PM

that's it, i can officially no longer tell who is leveling whom.
i have to conclude that assani is somehow insane.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:01 PM

Anyone send him a fax yet?
Old 10-30-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
taking a year to finish a street by street hand in MTTF

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahhahahah

link?

[/ QUOTE ]

Link

[/ QUOTE ]

oh my dear god. anyone who thinks AF should be banned really needs to shut the [censored] up. this is [censored] hilarious
Old 10-30-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Assani, can you point me to some materials on Mayshaque? The internet seems to be particularly devoid of information, perhaps something my local library might have? I'm interested in learning more about onslaughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. "Practical Onslaughting in an impractical World" by Robert Mayshaque would be a great overview of his work.

103,103 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A+
Old 10-30-2007, 09:25 PM

AF rules.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2. Look at his justifications for continuing to be allowed to troll:

"Lots of people responded"

That's right, he should be allowed to troll because he's good at it. Wonderful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe his argument was "a decent chunk of people responded POSITIVELY, liked the posts, and wanted me to keep posting, etc"

Though I dont think people responding positively to your posts is sufficient to keep you from being banned, it is kind of unfair of you to twist his statement like that (unless you're referring to something else, which, if so, my bad)

[/ QUOTE ]

So his trolling encouraged other people to troll.I see no distinction. There was no positive, non-trolling discussion, because there cannot be positive and meaningful discussion about mental diarrhea.

He's lying about what occurred. Most people were like "I don't get it", some people played along with fake onslaught discussion once they saw that Assani was getting attention.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:48 PM

AF is maddening, but c'mon - read the [censored] boiling oats thread, and the idea of posting a hand that takes a year to talk through on MTT is just gold.

Seeing that x... and counting [censored] tilts me though.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am not a troll. I define a troll as someone who doesn't care about having a good debate or a worthwhile conversation but who just wants up upset and anger people.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be more accurate to say that a troll is someone who does things purely for the purpose of putting people on tilt. You can be entirely interested in having a good conversation 98% of the time and be trolling 2% and be a troll. Your Onslaught threads and your countdown are clearly trolling. You might feel that you're not in the wrong in doing it because the people who are put on tilt by this stuff are being foolish (and they are), but it seems pretty clear that that's your intention. Now, starting one thread is trolling, but it doesn't make you a troll. Trolling with the countdown in every single one of your posts certainly does though.

Of course, poker players should learn to deal with not going on tilt from trolling if they want to win the $$$. Furthermore, trolling is pretty thoroughly accepted in this forum... at least the form people refer to as "levelling" is. Unless you're in a real debate where people are taking things too seriously (politics, religion, sports [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]), it's not a big deal, but then your countdown posts are being done everything, including places where people are trying to engage in "serious" conversation, which is where the problem arises. (I personally find the idea of a serious conversation about sports to be absurd, but I recognize that plenty of people do take it seriously)