Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
Brees @PIT 3 50.00%
Brady vs. NYJ 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Colts Pumping Artificial Noise into The Dome

It appears that people who were at the stadium are saying things about it.

It could have been relatively inaudible from your location and/or from the reporters' location but been more audible from other locations including down on the field.

In fact, to avoid such a feedback loop of their own noise they need it to only be audible from certain locations within the stadium I think.

The upper sections where they are taking the noise from need to be the same sections that can't hear it being juiced-up or else you will get the feedback. Something like that anyway.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:59 PM

Noodles,

you're right. One drunk fan at the game (you) should be believed over various news articles, blogs, discussion boards, the NFL acknowledging that a complaint was made by the Pats team owners, in person, immediately following the game.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:02 PM

I can't locate a reliable print source for this yet, but Belichick today supposedly said the Pats lost radio communication to Brady for most of the game and had to rely on hand signals.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't locate a reliable print source for this yet, but Belichick today supposedly said the Pats lost radio communication to Brady for most of the game and had to rely on hand signals.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true they are supposed to tell the league and then the other team has to shut theirs off as well.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:05 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl...-noise?urn=nfl,52422

Didn't see this posted yet, if it was, sorry.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Noodles,

you're right. One drunk fan at the game (you) should be believed over various news articles, blogs, discussion boards, the NFL acknowledging that a complaint was made by the Pats team owners, in person, immediately following the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
How about you keep the random drunk comments to yourself. If you want to say that others could have heard things that I didn't fine, but there is no call for personal attacks.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The radio was working, but the "crowd noise" was too loud for Brady to hear over.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true they are supposed to tell the league and then the other team has to shut theirs off as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's true. I'm not sure what the scoop is yet. Supposedly this came out in a press conferance at Gillette around 12pm today but if it doesn't show up in the media soon I would guess it to be false.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Noodles,

[/ QUOTE ]
How about you keep the random drunk comments to yourself. If you want to say that others could have heard things that I didn't fine, but there is no call for personal attacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

If you were at an NFL game and you weren't drunk, then I feel sorry for you.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Noodles,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

If you were at an NFL game and you weren't drunk, then I feel sorry for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its an hour drive home and $7 for a Budweiser. And if you can't enjoy an NFL game without being drunk then I feel sorry for you.