Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: August Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]

Flop is J95 of hearts.
I swore to myself that next time I flop a flush I will do a suit check.. So I do it this time.. Although I did it right when the action was to me and made it look way too obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, this same scenario occured to me in my last 20 session.

I opened A4cc from the CO and both blinds called. Flop was all clubs, SB bet, BB called, and I looked at my cards real obvious-like. I cold-called. SB called.

Turn was a brick, SB checked, BB bet, I raised, SB folded, BB 3-bet, I 4-bet, BB called down. Live players are so stupid.

[ QUOTE ]

When I show my hand button says "man you got lucky, I folded J9 on the flop because I knew you had a flush.. ur too easy to read"

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way, he didn't have J9. People at Commerce say this all the time but they're never telling the truth. When their hand ever gets exposed or their friend sees it before they muck, it becomes obvious they just had like Jx or middle pair. They just like saying that to people in order to praise their own hand-reading -- even if the play they make based on that read is retarded.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hoppscot post AT hand vs soap plz

[/ QUOTE ]

played until 230, ended +254 mmmhmmm
Old 08-13-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, he didn't have J9. People at Commerce say this all the time but they're never telling the truth. When their hand ever gets exposed or their friend sees it before they muck, it becomes obvious they just had like Jx or middle pair. They just like saying that to people in order to praise their own hand-reading -- even if the play they make based on that read is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, tru dat. There is no way he threw away one pair let alone two.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:11 AM

PJ--

So you didnt like my shirt!? I thought it was quite clever, but i guess you can't please everyone? Oh and its also lucky(knock on wood).
Old 08-13-2007, 04:14 AM

Where can I buy a lucky shirt? Better yet, perhaps an entire lucky wardrobe?
Old 08-13-2007, 04:21 AM

HW--

I actually lost the shirt, and found the website where i ordered it from in my bookmarks, so this is my second copy. Ah and i have been running [censored] these last two weeks, mind you i dont play as high, i am getting close to even because i lost 8k and now i won 7k!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:24 AM

several firsts for me today

I lost a hand where I was a 99.6% favorite on the flop

I played for 12 hours and DIDNT leave stuck/buried. i.e. ship the $19 profit.

I got screwed out of a small bet by a superfish (rico) who enters the game, the dealer asks him if he wants to post, he says yes, the cards are dealt out, he says "no no I don't want to post" (without looking at them), he gets pissed, I win the pot and "forgive" the debt because he would leave the game for sure.

I'm ~90% sure I got propositioned for sex (that I had to pay for..) at canterbury.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:42 PM

A big gamble, I thought was a little gamble, almost turns into a huge gamble...

After reading July low content thread I resolved to play my 53s and 42s hands, even early. This particular 10/20 game, there are at least 3 really loose awful calling stations, and 1 ultra loose LAG/station who is extremely aggressive when nobody bets into him and turns ultra passive when bet into or raised. He is up 2+ racks and I am a few seats to his left on his BB.

It is folded to me and I look at my 42s in spades. I call and if anybody has been paying attention this would not be a surprise as I have turned over at least one 52s and a Q5s, both in EP, for wins recently... There are one or two inconsquential calls and then a call by a TAG Asian woman, SB folds BB calls.

Flop is J94 one spade, two clubs. BB bets, I raise, folded to Asian woman who calls two. BB calls.

Turn is a 7 of spades. I decide to bet like I have the nuts. Call call.

River is a red 3. All of a sudden my 42s feels vulnerable. I check. Asian woman bets. BB thinks and looks at me then folds. I call. She tables KQ clubs. I proudly turn over my 42s and say the 4's are good. BB slams his hands on the cushion and moans about folding a 9...

So the guy to my right is being sweated by a young guy curly hair who is talking like somebody who knows poker. I say "Sup Bro" and then I realize I don't know what the secret counter password is. The young guy starts saying a lot of stuff to me that sounds like it might be what somebody from 2+2 would reply but I just have no clue. So I say very quietly, are you guys 2+2?

Turns out to be ThomasPhoolery and Hobbs. Hobbs has a tower of chips in the 20 game. Well, it is actually 4 towers of chips symetrically built on top of each other which rough math yields a >8 rack guestestimate. I say this only to indicate that I should be showing him a lot of respect.

The subject of the 42s comes up and I say, "yeah I took a little gamble". Hobbs says "no that was a big gamble". I disagree thinking that 42 is littler than 53. But Hobbs explains that 42 is a bigger gamble than 53 because they are worse cards, and he tells me that he discussed it with CDC who he says wrote the original post on the subject. I admit that makes sense but I am absolutely sure that I remember it the other way. And I offer to bet my entire stack (I am up a rack so we are talking 1k here). Hobbs says he would take that bet. And as I turn and reach to shake his hand, the last shred of sanity remaining inside my head causes me to fold my hand. No bet.

The big gamble is dangerous. And addictive.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm ~90% sure I got propositioned for sex (that I had to pay for..) at canterbury.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasn't going to make you pay.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I lost a hand where I was a 99.6% favorite on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure you are supposed to have one of these like once every other session.
Closed Thread