Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Heroes Premiere TONIGHT, Sept. 24th

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alex,

I think that would have been lazy writing, but an acceptable excuse for when he just acted on instinct inside the shipping container. However, he came back into the bar to kick some ass when chick was in trouble. It just seems like a super stretch of an explanation now.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was all still blatantly subconsious and he didn't know what he was doing. There was never a moment where I thought he was in consious control.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the perfect target audience for this show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I think the scene was terrible and stupid, just not for the reason people are choosing? Weird.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope/think the mystery killer is Kristen Bell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-02-2007, 08:25 PM

wait, I must have missed some things.

1. did Hiro gain the power to heal others? or did the white guy heal himself?

2. when did Shuresh discover that his blood healed the virus? last season?

2. why the hell didn't hiro just stop time when the arrows were flying?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:17 PM

KBZ,

1. Not sure, I assumed the latter. Then again, he probably would have realized that himself already, so maybe the former.

2. Last season. It was something like he realized that his dad had had him to save his sister, but it was too late, but then he used that knowledge to save Molly.

3. Because the show is retarded.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:21 PM

KB4Z,
White guy healed himself.
Suresh discovered last season when he healed Molly.
3. Is the same deal with the Peter box thing it they can write/film this incredibly easy, by just having Hiro come up too late and see his body riddled with arrows.
As El Diablo said the Peter box thing is retarded, why not say I know your name is peter everything else about you I have locked in a safe. At least that is mildly plausible that Peter wouldn't just pwn him and steal the key and find the safe.
Hiro and Ando worked really well as a buddy team and they suck seperated.
Dids,
I don't get how much you like the Nikki plot and hate the cop so much. I know you are going to post pics on Ali Larter or something, but she isn't that hot and it isn't worth watching the show to see her stupid plot.
Speaking of hot chicks what happened to that shape shifting chick?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would be all over that idea if Peter wasn't found at the end of the episode. Now it can only be true if the Peter we saw at the end was really Sylar, and that doesn't seem very likely. Or maybe it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I was just about to say. It's plausible that the Peter we saw in the crate at the end of the episode was actually Sylar,

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not. Sylar didn't absorb the illusion power in this reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened in the four months between Season 1 and 2 has yet to be revealed. He could have absorbed the chick's illusion power in that time, shapeshifted, and then had his memory wiped by the Haitian.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would be all over that idea if Peter wasn't found at the end of the episode. Now it can only be true if the Peter we saw at the end was really Sylar, and that doesn't seem very likely. Or maybe it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I was just about to say. It's plausible that the Peter we saw in the crate at the end of the episode was actually Sylar,

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not. Sylar didn't absorb the illusion power in this reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened in the four months between Season 1 and 2 has yet to be revealed. He could have absorbed the chick's illusion power in that time, shapeshifted, and then had his memory wiped by the Haitian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sidenote:Even though Missy P is gone from the show due to her new show, I guess her character can come back as a new actor. ("I needed a new look.")

There is a 0.00000% that the guy in Ireland is really Sylar.

1)He has powers Peter and not Sylar has. (healing, phasing)

2)Candice's power is not a passive one, you have to actually try to bend reality to do it.* If your mind has been wiped of memory, you'd stop looking like Peter if you were Sylar.

3)Sylar can not be mind wiped due to having a photographic super memory.**

*Last episode of season 1
**Mid-season 1 comic
Old 10-03-2007, 02:37 AM

I think a big problem with this show is the writers made the common yet horrible mistake of giving the characters way too much power. I saw this coming as of episode 2 last season.

Since Hiro can freeze time to manipulate the world around him as well as telport across the world and into the future/past there's no reason he shouldn't become the ultimate supreme power in the universe. But then there's Peter. If he can absorb Hiro's power and anyone else's just by coming in close proximity then he can be the supreme world power.

They got away with it in season 1 by the fact the characters were still learning to control their powers. That doesn't really work anymore. If this show goes 6 seasons were basically gonna get 5 more seasons of silly situations which try to explain away why Peter and Hiro just don't use their power to decimate everyone.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alex,

He's being threatened by the dude w/ the box, WHERE THE F IS HIS SUBCONSCIOUS NOW!?!?!?!?!!!?!!??!??!??!

[/ QUOTE ]
No one was being physically threatened.

[/ QUOTE ]

He used his powers to release the ropes on his hands when he was tied to the chair. No imminent danger and he was in perfect control of his powers.

Even if you want to get into the whole subconscious control of powers or whatever, the thing that's still really dumb is the boss seemingly thinks "well here's somebody who just threw a notorious thug through a wall using his mind, maybe its a good idea to back him into a corner".

Also, this likely doesn't irk anybody else on here, but the irish accents again piss me off. First of all the brother and sister have accents from completely opposite ends of the country (it'd be akin to the brother being a rootin' tootin' texan and the sister being a nasal new york jew) and secondly, neither even have an accent close to the region they're supposed to be in!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:57 AM

i like this show a lot but the masked duder is right about it starting to slide last year and this year has continued however I think and a much steeper decline. That said I think , just like every other interwoven 300 plot line show they are building to something.

Someone said Nath should be dead, I was actually happy to see him alive it made sense. Picture your self in this situation. When you get into space are you A) holding on to the bomb B) launching it as far as you can. If he held on to it he'd be dumb imo.

I wish to give this show a chance I don't think its been god awful un watchable just predictable and slow.

I'm also with Dids we should have a separate thread for new Ep. I'd be willing to do it/start it since I watch the show every week.