Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: This kinda pissed me off

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ah this thread is so LOL. My favorite part was when OP asked that one guy "do you even play poker?", as if this somehow impacts his qualifications regarding discussing the return of video games.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did being such a worthless poster net you a moderator position? Must've been the 13k posts in a year and a half. You're cool!

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, the hits keep comin'. Hey Einstein, the reason I haven't made a serious post in this thread in forever is that you just don't get it, and to try to explain it to you for the millionth time is a waste of time and bandwidth. However, I do find your continued cluelessness to be entertaining, and the snide poker comment you made to that one guy is far worse than anything I've written and cemented you as a toolshed on top of everything else.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:21 PM

OP, do you realize that when you drive off the lot with a brand new car it loses a good deal of value? Ever wonder why?

Your whole argument basically is "oops, I messed up and don't want this game. Here, take it back and you only lose a little bit. That seems fair!" Quite simply, no one forced you to buy that game. Also simply, no one forces them to take it back. They are offering you $20. If this was such a huge issue, other companies would offer more, and people would tend to favor that company. Obviously, situations like this don't come up often, or the companies have thought it through and decided it's best to just offer the $20.

This thread is just funny because all the time you've spent arguing with people you could have spent researching the game, or working and earning the $50 or whatever to just buy both games.

Also, coffee and cappuccino aren't food. Owned.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is your problem? Why don't you try to make your point without being a complete douche?

[/ QUOTE ]

Becuase this is either a level and not worth ready or your not very smart and this still isnt worth reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't even put together a sentence void of simple spelling or grammatical errors and you have the nerve to criticize my intelligence? Let me guess, you don't even play poker at all? Or better yet you're just some busto micro stakes player. Either way nobody cares about you so stop trying so hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-09-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ah this thread is so LOL. My favorite part was when OP asked that one guy "do you even play poker?", as if this somehow impacts his qualifications regarding discussing the return of video games.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did being such a worthless poster net you a moderator position? Must've been the 13k posts in a year and a half. You're cool!

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, the hits keep comin'. Hey Einstein, the reason I haven't made a serious post in this thread in forever is that you just don't get it, and to try to explain it to you for the millionth time is a waste of time and bandwidth. However, I do find your continued cluelessness to be entertaining, and the snide poker comment you made to that one guy is far worse than anything I've written and cemented you as a toolshed on top of everything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically you're too worthless of a poster to add anything of value. There's something we can agree on. Just stay out of this thread from now on and do us both a favor.

Mike Cuneo,

Your car analogy is a very good one since cars do lose a tremendous amount of value as soon as they are driven off the lot. While a game that is no longer new immediately loses some value, I don't think it's quite the same thing although I'll give you credit for making a good point.

Again however, I have said a few times that they could find a number to buy the game that they profit or at the least do not lose money in the transaction. I just wanted to be offered a deal that was at least reasonable. I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense to label a game's trade in value considering that how much they make from the game depends on the condition the game is in.

I would just have been satisfied if they tried to reason with me somewhat instead of lazily pointing to a policy. If they had offered me $40 I would have thought that was a reasonable offer, although a little low but not too bad. $20 is just insanity, imo.

MicroBet,

Fair enough, but I have been entirely civil and respectful to everybody who has done likewise with me. I'm no ghandi, however. People who want to be pricks for no reason are pathetic.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would rather break the disc in half, coat it with antifreeze, then feed it to my dog than sell it back to those scumbags at 33% of it's original value so they can resell it for roughly the same price as the new version and make even more at my expense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just stop talking for awhile, Champ?

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm overreacting

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe? Haha. I think it's pretty much a certainty that you are.

I think it's pretty much common sense that once you open something, take it out of the package, and use it, it is no longer "new" in the retail sense of the word. Sell it back for $20 and buy the game you want. If it's that big of a problem, play the games more extensively before you decide which one to buy.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically you're too worthless of a poster to add anything of value. There's something we can agree on. Just stay out of this thread from now on and do us both a favor.

Mike Cuneo,

Your car analogy is a very good one since cars do lose a tremendous amount of value as soon as they are driven off the lot. While a game that is no longer new immediately loses some value, I don't think it's quite the same thing although I'll give you credit for making a good point.

Again however, I have said a few times that they could find a number to buy the game that they profit or at the least do not lose money in the transaction. I just wanted to be offered a deal that was at least reasonable. I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense to label a game's trade in value considering that how much they make from the game depends on the condition the game is in.

I would just have been satisfied if they tried to reason with me somewhat instead of lazily pointing to a policy. If they had offered me $40 I would have thought that was a reasonable offer, although a little low but not too bad. $20 is just insanity, imo.

MicroBet,

Fair enough, but I have been entirely civil and respectful to everybody who has done likewise with me. I'm no ghandi, however. People who want to be pricks for no reason are pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact is, it does cost them something every time you walk in the store. They are paying rent and employees and their electric bills etc, so when a customer like you comes in it does cost them something. Yes, they would be paying these costs anyway but that's not the point. Also, if you did some homework beforehand (research game, check into store policy, consider renting) then this wouldn't happen.

You should use this to learn, do a little research on things you buy. Since you are freaking out over $50 or whatever, make sure you do a lot more hw on things worth $1k+. I'm sure you won't, and just argue with the store/everyone else instead. Good luck
Old 11-09-2007, 06:29 PM

Hollywade: It's called sarcasm, relax.

[ QUOTE ]

The fact is, it does cost them something every time you walk in the store. They are paying rent and employees and their electric bills etc, so when a customer like you comes in it does cost them something. Yes, they would be paying these costs anyway but that's not the point. Also, if you did some homework beforehand (research game, check into store policy, consider renting) then this wouldn't happen.

You should use this to learn, do a little research on things you buy. Since you are freaking out over $50 or whatever, make sure you do a lot more hw on things worth $1k+. I'm sure you won't, and just argue with the store/everyone else instead. Good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by "it costs them something every time you walk into the store"? If it thinks what I think you mean, I don't see how it is possibly true, and I don't really see what your point is either in regards to what we're talking about.

Yes it is my fault for not researching everything beforehand, as far as I knew Tony Hawk was really the only Skateboarding game on the market for 360, and for the most part I have liked their series. I've always wished that a more realistic skateboarding game would be made, and I wasn't aware that one existed. I would have been fine with the purchase if "Skate" didn't exist.

I'm not really "freaking out" over anything, and I really don't care about the money. I just found the whole thing a little ridiculous and wanted to vent via OOT.

I typically do research and make sure games are good before I buy them, but it's a slightly different case here I think. I knew what I was getting with Tony Hawk, I just assumed that there were no other skateboarding games on the market because Tony Hawk has always had somewhat of a monopoly over skating games and practically no competition whatsoever. Even games like Madden which have had a strangelhold on the best football title has had several games competing with them.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:37 PM

It does cost them something every time someone walks in, whether you see it or not. For example, instead of dealing with you the cashier or whoever could be stocking shelves, helping other customers, etc. This is a cost to them, maybe not directly in $ but opportunity cost if nothing else.

Someone who walks in and just wanders the store, they still pay, they have machines/cameras set up to make sure people don't steal games. Also, as above, a worker may watch them walk around for a bit then approach them for help, costing them opportunity to do other things around the store.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes it is my fault for not researching everything beforehand

I just assumed that there were no other skateboarding games on the market

[/ QUOTE ]

now we are getting somewhere
Old 11-09-2007, 06:46 PM

Cuneo,

If he broke the store's window and threatened them with a knife if they didn't give him a full refund, how would you rate that play? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]