Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: NCAA College Football Week 11 -- Rank\'em

[ QUOTE ]
Not ranking Hawai'i is absolute BS! I hope they beat Boise St and we can stop this BS. I know they play a weak schedule but they are undefeated. I am not saying they should be number one but when teams in front of them lose they should move up. They can't help that they play in a suck ass conference. True theeir out of conference schedule could be better but who knew when they made the schedule 2-3 yrs ago that the Huskies would suck ass. BSU is a good one loss team. So if they beat BSU will they get any respect. I hope everyone in the top 10 loses this week and causes one big clusterfuck. God I love chaos!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't say anything about Washington, because they haven't beaten them yet anyway.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's sick. Pretty sure they have their shot next year & we're going to kick the [censored] out of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
shouldnt even be a game.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not ranking Hawai'i is absolute BS! I hope they beat Boise St and we can stop this BS. I know they play a weak schedule but they are undefeated. I am not saying they should be number one but when teams in front of them lose they should move up. They can't help that they play in a suck ass conference. True theeir out of conference schedule could be better but who knew when they made the schedule 2-3 yrs ago that the Huskies would suck ass. BSU is a good one loss team. So if they beat BSU will they get any respect. I hope everyone in the top 10 loses this week and causes one big clusterfuck. God I love chaos!

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you think Hawai'i should be ranked just because they're undefeated, then why shouldn't Northern Iowa be ranked too? The AP allows voters to vote for I-AA teams now and NIU's actually played a tougher schedule. (#147 in D-I compared to #157 for Hawai'i according to Sagarin.)

Also, forget about Boise State. You have to get by Nevada first. They're better than either of the teams Hawaii went to OT with and I think they're good enough to get the win. I'd say Hawaii's more likely to go 9-3 than they are to go 12-0 at this point.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:42 PM

BTW, is there anyway we can get Adam Van Brimmer's vote taken away? He's got Hawaii #5, Boise State #11, BYU #14, and Air Force #25 but he doesn't think that Cincinnatti or Boston College should be ranked.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:49 PM

Figure some people would laugh at this thread now: picking the 2008 NCAAF champion.

I feel like a complete moron after that thread. I actually said that Oregon would be better if they let Leaf play instead of Dixon, LOL. At least I was right about BC [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].
Old 11-13-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They can try not going to overtime against god awful teams like San Jose State.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you really think it's KU's championship bid to lose, then WHY NOT put them #1 right now?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because they're not as good as Oregon and their resume is worse. Realistically, most BCS conference schools would win the NC by going undefeated,

[/ QUOTE ]

Except Auburn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Cheap shot, but we take what we can get.

[ QUOTE ]
so the "its their championship to lose" line applies to most of DI-A at the beginning of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but it's not the beginning of the season.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In a "league" that requires perfection

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you have "tradition"
Old 11-14-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the washington game got scheduled this summer.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the washington game got scheduled this summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't quite get this whole Washington thing.

3 seasons ago they were 1-10.
2 seasons ago they were 2-9.
last year they were 5-7.

How do you not see a team that sucks ass 2-3 years ago?