Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: AP Spokesman Mark Seif Video Interview Oct 26

Give Mark some credit. He didn't once threaten to sue anyone while here.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:29 PM

wow, sorry posts by seif, obv people did not go easy on him, but he did nothing to help his case here imo. he was barely helpful, didn't apologize to druff, somehow didn't notice the obvious cheating that was going on here until way later and now claims he's not authoritzed to speak for AP, which is a joke...

good riddance, plz don't come back, and i hope the truth comes out one day about u, either way, for sure i can say u've lost most of the fans u had and will be vilified by the poker community for who knows how long
Old 10-29-2007, 03:31 PM

Old 10-29-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, guys. I'm inclined to believe him. He said AJ Green was a free spirit who didn't mention anything about any hole cards the one time he met him. If all these allegations were true, AJ Green would probably be all uptight and telling everyone he ran into about his scheme.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 03:41 PM

Mark, way to dodge most of the really pertinent questions by focusing on a couple semi-personal attacks. Not even very artfully done. I can only assume you're as bad of a lawyer as you are at poker, ethics, being a spokesman, and being a stand-up guy.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mark,

Please fill out this simple form:

[ ] I am compensated by Absolute Poker, or an affiliated party of the same, to engage in the activities of endorsing and / or promoting Absolute Poker.

[ ] Through an ownership structure, I am considered to be a partial owner of Absolute Poker, or an affiliated party of the same.

[ ] All of the above.

[ ] Some of the above.

[ ] None of the above.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had coffee with Mark during the WSOP, and I left with the impression that he WAS a part-owner of some stake or equity in Absolute Poker. Our chat was very friendly and he seemed like an articulate and intelligent guy. I asked him whether, especially as an attorney, he was concerned about his involvement with Absolute, and he replied that he wasn't concerned at all because -- and I am paraphrasing here, but the following is very close to the wording he used: "The ownership structure of Absolute is shielded by, like, 12 different corporations, holding companies, and/or shell entities, so I'm not in the least bit concerned about any legal risks that I might be exposed to."

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't remember whether I asked him whether he was concerned because he OWNED a stake in Absolute, or whether it was just phrased more vaguely, e.g. "Are you worried about your 'involvement' with AP, etc etc". I suspect that it was the latter, but I will say that I left that brief meeting with the distinct impression that Mark held an OWNERSHIP stake in Absolute and/or had a compensation structure tied to its corporate performance (e.g. the functional equivalent of ownership). I repeat, he never came out and said those words, but it's the impression that I left with.

If you care to pop back into this thread, Mark, and clear that up, I'm sure some people would be interested.

***p.s. because the ownership structure of Absolute is as convoluted as Mark suggested (and as our sleuths have uncovered to this point), it would be very easy of him to claim that he does not own any part of Absolute and have it be technically accurate. He could, for example, simply own a stake in one of the several holding companies or shell corporations, or alternatively, he could have a compensation agreement that ties his comp directly to the financial performance of Absolute (or one of the shell corporations), which would, as I wrote above, be more or less the functional equivalent of an ownership stake. So Mark, if you do pop back in, don't simply say "Nope, I don't own any part of Absolute," because as I pointed out, the convoluted ownership structure can make that a technically accurate albeit disingenuous statement. I think people here would really like to know, though, whether you have any equity stake in Absolute or any of the "middleman" holding companies, OR whether your compensation is tied to the performance of Absolute (or any of the middlemen, of course). If you think this info is too sensitive, feel free to say so -- but you seemed genuinely interested earlier in clearing up some misconceptions, so here's a golden opportunity to do so.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Note how in the last 20 seconds his voice dropped off while he was talking about management and doing the right thing. It almost seems like he didn't believe what he was saying. It certainly isn't going to change any minds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I caught that, too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was comical. ESPECIALLY from a guy who is a broadcaster and so you would think would have at least an above average ability to speak confidently on camera.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:45 PM

p.s. anyone have any contacts to reach "Grinder" Mizrahi? Disillusioned ex-AP employees seem to have some interesting things to say about their former employer...especially when their ex-bosses turn out to be scumbags.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:47 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

I think it's almots a certainty that mark seif owns a direct portion of absolute poker through the same shell game of companies that all the montana frat boys did.

Remember, mark as an owner of AP would have to hide his income streams very well unless they pay him into his AP account. How can he lose 1 mil+ on absolute unless he owns a share?
Old 10-29-2007, 04:00 PM

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index....32dd307407f862a
Closed Thread