Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: \"Jesus\" advises Yang to stiff dealers?

[ QUOTE ]
However, the fact remains that this dealer has not once whined about how anyone, including Yang, should have tipped more. So I just want to be fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, lets have some common sense here. This thread is filled with her posts saying she's pissed at CF for giving Yang what she thinks is 'misleading' advice on whether or not to extra tip the dealers. What other possible motivation would she have for this attitude other than she feels that she was cheated out of extra $$. She doesn't have to explicitly spell it out, her posts just scream it!
Old 07-19-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got my tip, a wonderful heartfelt hug from a good guy and it was priceless, plus my share of the $743,866.00 tip given to us dealers by you players as well as my regular salary and would still be very pleased with having a voice on the players advisory board so changes can be made so we can get extra tips assured for next year.

[/ QUOTE ]
fyp
Next time take it up with your employer, not your employers <font color="green"> customers! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

you are an absolute idiot. you can cut and paste and rewrite my posts all you want it just continues to show how truely childish and small minded y'all are.

and sue.....used to be a dealer? what happened? hard to believe that you ever made any money with such a crappy attitude so its understandable that you quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

what happened? i was smart enough to learn how to play poker instead of deal it.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got my tip, a wonderful heartfelt hug from a good guy and it was priceless, plus my share of the $743,866.00 tip given to us dealers by you players as well as my regular salary and would still be very pleased with having a voice on the players advisory board so changes can be made so we can get extra tips assured for next year.

[/ QUOTE ]
fyp
Next time take it up with your employer, not your employers <font color="green"> customers! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

you are an absolute idiot. you can cut and paste and rewrite my posts all you want it just continues to show how truely childish and small minded y'all are.

[/ QUOTE ]
Great, once again, attack the post-er without even attempting to address the post... nice... mature..
Old 07-19-2007, 05:15 PM

Would 50k make everyone happy or would it be viewed as cheap?
Old 07-19-2007, 05:17 PM

and i have not once lied about my income. infact i said i was very pleased this year with how i have done. asfor how did chris mislead/misinform jerry.......i did answer you. you just dont like or agree with it so it is what it is
Old 07-19-2007, 05:17 PM

p,

"Next, we do not get paid by the hour this year, we get paid by downs (each table we deal), we do get an hourly $6.41 from harrahs."

"means that we should only recieve $214 for 11 days of work? Hmmm that doesnt sound to good to me."

"Now We started the main this year with over 700 dealers"

OK, so let's work out the math here.

There were 700 dealers involved in dealing during the 11 days of the ME.

These dealers split the following:

Hourly rate of $6.41
$60,000,000 * 1.8% * 65% = $702,000
Tips when dealing cash games
Additional tip pool from other tourneys during this time

So, a dealer who dealt 8 hours a day over these 11 days would make about $1565 [$564 ($6.41 * 8 * 11) + $1,000 (700k/700)] PLUS tips they received while dealing at cash games.

Is that correct, p? Please correct the assumptions regarding how many downs the average dealer dealt in tournament and cash games.

The way many reasonable posters on this forum approach this issue is to think about whether or not the dealers are getting paid a fair wage when all things are taken into account.

The numbers make it look like dealers are getting paid far more than the $214 you thought you would get paid, more like in the $1500-2000 range.

Do you feel like the actual numbers are fair compensation for this period? If not, what would you consider reasonable compensation to expect for dealing the WSOP?
Old 07-19-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good. Dealers who think they should be wealthy are idiots. Try going to college and getting a real job. You shouldnt be making $50/hour dealing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why shouldn't I? I may not be the best dealer out there but I have a kick ass job that i love and why shouldn't i get paid well for a job that takes alot of skill and knowledge to be done right? Hell just having to put up with players with piss poor attitudes that blame their crappy play or poor luck on me and the cards i deal.....i should make alot more

[/ QUOTE ]

you did in fact complain about how much you make. "i should make a lot more"
Old 07-19-2007, 05:25 PM

How exactly have i EXPRESSED that i wanted jerrys money? and if i got if, what in the hell would i do with it stupid? OH I KNOW!!! I could go buy in at the bellagio and become just like sue. you people blow me away, worse than a room full of 4 year olds.

here is your quote of the day again incase y'all missed it.....fighting on the internet is like running a race in the special olympics, when you win, your still retarded.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dealers complain they're under paid, but won't tell how much they're making

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. stop complaining if you aren't willing to be upfront about how much you make. obviously dealers complain because they want the tipping culture to change/improve, yet how can they create change without showing that they are being paid unfairly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT MY PAY OR SAID THAT I WAS BEING PAID UNFAIRLY
OMG do you even understand the english language???
I am highly unimpressed with the lack of intelligence found in this forum. I really hope that Harrahs and the PAB will bring on a rep for the dealers so this can be better for the players and staff next year

[/ QUOTE ]

if you aren't complaining, what needs to be better for the dealers next year?
Old 07-19-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
p,

"Next, we do not get paid by the hour this year, we get paid by downs (each table we deal), we do get an hourly $6.41 from harrahs."

"means that we should only recieve $214 for 11 days of work? Hmmm that doesnt sound to good to me."

"Now We started the main this year with over 700 dealers"

OK, so let's work out the math here.

There were 700 dealers involved in dealing during the 11 days of the ME.

These dealers split the following:

Hourly rate of $6.41
$60,000,000 * 1.8% * 65% = $702,000
Tips when dealing cash games
Additional tip pool from other tourneys during this time

So, a dealer who dealt 8 hours a day over these 11 days would make about $1565 [$564 ($6.41 * 8 * 11) + $1,000 (700k/700)] PLUS tips they received while dealing at cash games.

Is that correct, p? Please correct the assumptions regarding how many downs the average dealer dealt in tournament and cash games.

The way many reasonable posters on this forum approach this issue is to think about whether or not the dealers are getting paid a fair wage when all things are taken into account.

The numbers make it look like dealers are getting paid far more than the $214 you thought you would get paid, more like in the $1500-2000 range.

Do you feel like the actual numbers are fair compensation for this period? If not, what would you consider reasonable compensation to expect for dealing the WSOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have yet to see this forum used for anything but a bunch of mud slinging bull crap. and read things correctly instead of just trying to piss me off. figure it out your damm self because from what i have seen here, the stuff y'all make up is so much better than the truth.
and dont bother trying to egg me on any further cause i will never pull up the site again.
Y'all have won the race
Closed Thread