Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: looking to stake people part 3

Hey Jfish,

I’d like to begin by saying that I’ve been a student of the game going on 5 years now. I’ve read every meaningful piece of published poker literature, been a lurker/poster of 2+2 for about three years, and I consider myself to be a very knowledge/winning player. With that said, I’m a former 10/20nl reg, but now I’m stuck playing busto stakes due to poor bankroll management. I’ve built and lost so many bankrolls throughout the last 3 years (as much as 60k last december, hit a gross downswing at 10/20, refused to move down, busto.) I’m just another player that underestimated the effects of variance. But, after losing and winning so much money in such short periods of time, I’ve come to realize that the most important aspect of poker is just that, BANKROLL MANAGEMENT. So in the last few weeks I started by grinding 10nl with the last few remaining dollars on my account and have built it into a decent 50nl bankroll ($1200). I’ve been putting in about 3-5k hands a day, I’ve become a legitimate grinder.

Here are a few random facts about my poker career so far…
• I’ve had much success in live tournaments… In December, I cashed 3rd in the WPT Atlantis 1k event for 17k. I’ve played about 12 live events and made 4 final tables, all with fields of over 100 players. http://www.cardplayer.com/players/re...ck-Furay/46973
• I’ve exchanged percentages in numerous tourneys with Shaun [CENSORED] Deeb. Yes, Shaun, I am a busto fish.
• Coached my good friend into a great tournament and cash player.
• Snapped off a Victor Ramdin bluff live with ace high. It was just after I had won the 17k in the tournament, I saw that the 5knl table had a few soft spots, so I decided that I would take a one buyin shot. Ended up walking about with 21k in a little over an hour.
• (below is a pic of me cashing out that a 2+2’er made in my busto thread a while back.)

So anyway, in early June I made a decent score in a $24+2 MTT on FTP for about $2400ish started playing 100nl heads up and worked my way up to the 400nl heads up tables… I would only have a brief stay…

Again, I thought 9k was a decent enough roll for 400nl heads up… I was entirely wrong. Variance heads up [censored] is ridiculous. I ended up busting my account trying to recoup my losses. Waaa waaa wa…
Since then, I remembered that I had sent my girlfriend $20 to start learning poker. She was playing like $1 sng’s and [censored]. So I played on her account. Made a score in a $2 rebuy for $230 a few weeks ago. Since then have built that into $1200 playing with 20-30bi’s per level.
This is my gal,

This is the only database I currently have, I lost my last two databases having to reformat my computer.

This is my current graph…

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] One time...?
Old 09-02-2007, 10:38 PM

Hey,

I started of playing strictly sngs but I have moved to cash games in the last year or so. I have done really well playing NL200 and NL100. However I never used any software to keep track. I’m about +7k or so playing about 10 hours a week (I've had to many other priorities to take care of but now I’m free! which means more poker! Plus most of my bankroll is gone because of paying for school).
Anyways the only stats I have are on sng play (Pokerstars and Full Tilt).

http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?i...erstarstp6.jpg

http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ulltiltvh9.jpg

If you like what you see give me a shout. I know I can crush the games and I'm willing to put in the hours to learn from the greats.

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:40 PM

I think it's fairly obvious that Rick only gets staked if he provides naked gf pics to BBV.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:40 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

nga they fk u.

srsly i have potential holla
Old 09-02-2007, 10:44 PM

I'd only stake people who were serious grinders. I don't know if I'd want to stake someone who only players like 80 hours a month.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:46 PM

anything is posssssible...
Old 09-02-2007, 10:49 PM

Rick, you? and her? seriously? no offense
Old 09-02-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rick, you? and her? seriously? no offense

[/ QUOTE ]
jealousaments
Old 09-02-2007, 10:57 PM

Dear Jfish,

I'm a long-time (Since April of 06) 2/4 regular on Stars. I've been crushing the game the entire time I've played. I played 3/6 regularly for a while and achieved some success there (but not quite as much, albeit with a less statistically significant sample size). I have been quite unlucky in my 5/10 shots, although certainly my first couple shots were when I wasn't prepared.

The reason I would like to get staked is that due to my laziness I've had a hard time building up the bankroll to play 5/10+ on my own. The only ways I will stop being stuck at 2/4 is a little boost in bankroll, allowing me to play a bit higher, or if I just stop being lazy and grind 100k hand months. But I'm probably too lazy for the latter.

The reason I think you would like to stake me is simple, I've been slaughtering 2/4 for a long time now, I slaughtered it pre-Frist, and I've been slaughtering it post-Frist. It should be a very profitable endeavor for both parties. I started off playing much more loose and aggressively than I do now, around 35/25. I slowly tightened up, and after subscribing to Cardrunners about 7 months ago I have settled at about 21/17 or 24/21 or some [censored] (I'm not much of a PT number guy) which I believe is closer to optimum, and more necessary in today's tougher games. Here are my PT stats (all Stars):

Here's a graph of me winning lots of monies.

Edit: Also I see there is some form of coaching here? I believe I am good enough that we can mutually learn from each other, whereas if you are staking a $50 NL player (no offense boys) it's gonna be hard for them to bounce ideas off of you that even make you stop and think. Great Success!?

Did I mention I was just introduced to the world of PokerAce HUD like, 2 months ago? Before that I was 6-12 tabling without it, and still smashing the games on arguably the toughest site on the net.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:06 PM

Xaston, move up?
Closed Thread