Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How do you manage your passwords?
KeePass 5 62.50%
RoboForm 1 12.50%
Password Safe 1 12.50%
KeyPass 0 0%
Other 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, May, READ RULES IN TOP POST

I only played cash a couple of times live and I have a couple of questions. If you are up 2k playing 1/2 do you have to have that whole 2k on the table? Are you allowed to take money off of the table? If you do play 1/2 and the maximum buy in is 200 is it stupid to buy in for only 100? How many buy in's do people usally bring for 1/2? I was playing at Jackson Rancheria for the first time playing 1/2 I brought in for 100 and asked for all one dollar chips. When I got to the table people were mad at me even the dealer. I'm guessin your not suppose to buy in and ask for all one dollar chips? I kind of don't like playing live because people seem so freaking serious playing 1/2 with there sunglasses and everyone is so quiet. Plus I'm a huge nit. If I played cash 1/2 no limit ring like a sng do you think I can still make profit live?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:57 PM

lol why would you want all one dollar chips?
Old 05-23-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol why would you want all one dollar chips?

[/ QUOTE ]

To pay the blinds, When I was playing in morango in LA no one seem to have a problem with it. People should tell you these things! I see no problem with it!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:05 PM

If you're playing 1/2 and you have 2k on the table, its because the table sucks. You would never want to take that money off the table!

Live players are terrible - so you should buy in for the full amount.

Playing like a nit live will make you PLENTY of money - but its sooo boring, so i raise every hand and practice hand reading bc its waaaay more fun. (so is showing down 4 high)

1/2 players are soooo funny to play/listen to.

Also, asking for $1 chips doesnt matter bc they will give you change if you don't have the exact amount you want to bet (if you only have $5 chips and you just want to call the $2, there is a "one chip rule" where, if you throw the one chip in, it means CALL, so it isnt a raise. The dealer will give you change before the action is over)

Idk if you can just take money off the table. I'm pretty sure you can't.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're playing 1/2 and you have 2k on the table, its because the table sucks. You would never want to take that money off the table!

Playing like a nit live will make you PLENTY of money - but its sooo boring, so i raise every hand and practice hand reading bc its waaaay more fun. (so is showing down 4 high)

Also, asking for $1 chips doesnt matter bc they will give you change if you don't have the exact amount you want to bet (if you only have $5 chips and you just want to call the $2, there is a "one chip rule" where, if you throw the one chip in, it means CALL, so it isnt a raise. The dealer will give you change before the action is over)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for all of the advice =0. I'm not that confident playing live at all. I only played live 3 times in my life and I lost all 3 times. I always buy in for 100 bucks and if i lose that I leave. Is bringing 400 bucks enough for 1/2? That's two buy in's right. 400 dollars seem so much in real life but money online doesn't seem like real at all. I guess I just gota assume everyone playing 1/2 are morons. Don't you feel sometimes that you are wasting your time playing live because you can play more than one table at once online? It takes forever to make a couple hundred dollars right?
Old 05-23-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for all of the advice =0. I'm not that confident playing live at all. I only played live 3 times in my life and I lost all 3 times. I always buy in for 100 bucks and if i lose that I leave. Is bringing 400 bucks enough for 1/2? That's two buy in's right. 400 dollars seem so much in real life but money online doesn't seem like real at all. I guess I just gota assume everyone playing 1/2 are morons. Don't you feel sometimes that you are wasting your time playing live because you can play more than one table at once online? It takes forever to make a couple hundred dollars right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its only wasting time if you assume i actually put in real hours online.

I actually find live poker fun bc you can communicate with real-life humans and since i'm a talker at the tables, i need that.

You only get in ~30-35 hands per hours, if that, so its "tougher" to make a few hundred dollars at 1/2. But at the same time, it DEFINITELY isnt tougher.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it depends where you play, at the Taj the 1/2 game i played was 300max , definitely worth sitting that deep because everyone sucks so hard
Old 05-23-2007, 05:37 PM

Playing live low-stakes poker is worse than reading Youtube comments.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:39 PM

champion's league is obv rigged [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2007, 05:44 PM

Paster,

Awesome night. Trip report for sure, eventhough it won't be read as much as Bones' reports. You pretty much can never take money of the table without leaving, but I assume your effective stack size was much lower anyway.

Do you think having a HUGE stack was helping you get action? Probably the combo of being drunk with a HUGE stack is good.
Closed Thread