sb is 24/12

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $72.05
Hero (BB): $50.55
UTG: $74.40
CO: $45.25
BTN: $8.20

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $1.50, CO calls $1.50

Flop: ($6) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $30</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $48.55 and is All-In</font>, SB calls $18.55

[/ QUOTE ]

this is fine, you can also just call the flop if you think he'll stack off w/ KK/AA even when the flush or another Q hits.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: hmm...

[ QUOTE ]
Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players

Hero (UTG): $53.70
BTN: $96.90
SB: $108.25
BB: $44.20

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $7</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $5

Flop: ($14.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $9</font>, Hero calls $9

Turn: ($32.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($32.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $18</font>, Hero folds

Results: $32.50 Pot ($1.55 Rake)
SB mucked and WON $30.95 (+$14.95 NET)

[/ QUOTE ]

4-handed i would raise the flop, and if i didnt i would bomb the turn. as played river fold is fine most likely
Old 10-16-2007, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero screwed this hand up. Hero should call and check fold the turn correct? Villian is 36/10 but over a small amt of hands.
Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

CO: $68.10
BTN: $65.35
Hero (SB): $75.70
BB: $74.80
UTG: $61.30

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $5

Flop: ($14.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $7</font>, <font color="red">Hero

[/ QUOTE ]

BT vs Blinds i would bet/call the flop all day, and if i checked i would usually c/c, c/r most turns. not really ready to fold TPTK in a RR pot w/ FDs and straight draws out there LP vs blinds vs someone we dont have a great read on even though we are slightly deep. the deeper the stacks get the harder the decision gets obv.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:22 AM

Only 8 hands with villain he hasn't payed a hand prior to this one.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

CO ($23.90)
Button ($38.85)
SB ($9.95)
BB ($39.60)
jb ($24.65)
MP ($28.90)

Preflop: jb is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">jb raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($2.35) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">jb bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $5.25</font>, jb...?

I've been in this spot a few times recently and I'm not sure if I should 3-bet right now or call and lead the turn.

If the flop was less coordinated I could call and try for a c/r on the turn but that doesn't look very smart here.

Any thoughts on getting paid off here?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:33 AM

cleinen:

QJhh: I'd tend to give respect to a pfr 12 guy raising from SB in this spot and just muck. Postflop your line is good, a bit better than call flop I think.

TT: Raise smallish flop and shut down if called.

AK: Check fold turn whaat? No way. I would just bet this out, the check usually doesn't fool anyone and betting out every time makes my cbets look scarier. It's annoying that you're a bit deeper than normal but I am probably not folding this under any circumstances. My normal line would be bet flop CRAI turn.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:37 AM

Chris- i dont understand why you want to raise the TT hand if its to shut down if called. If i raise it (and i do always 4-handed here) its to get my stack in at some point. If there is some sort of history that makes it impossible to put the stacks in profitably or hero has a very tight image id rather just call down than raise/shutdown
Old 10-16-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cleinen:

QJhh: I'd tend to give respect to a pfr 12 guy raising from SB in this spot and just muck. Postflop your line is good, a bit better than call flop I think.

TT: Raise smallish flop and shut down if called.

AK: Check fold turn whaat? No way. I would just bet this out, the check usually doesn't fool anyone and betting out every time makes my cbets look scarier. It's annoying that you're a bit deeper than normal but I am probably not folding this under any circumstances. My normal line would be bet flop CRAI turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the AK hand I c/r and then he shoved.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:44 AM

Jbrochu:

I would still call and CR any turn. I don't see a shoddy flush draw raising small like that, so the only drawing hands I need to worry about are the combo draws (KQcc, KJcc, QJcc). That's only three hands, whereas a lot of villains would make this raise with any ace. If I fail to reraise versus a combo draw it's not the end of the world because the combo draw has good equity against me on the flop and I will still probably win the pot, plus he might well bet again on the turn. However, if villain has an ace, reraising will probably cause him to lay it down, which is a disaster since he has no outs and I will be able to get at least one more bet out of him later in the hand (more if he makes trips or two pair).
Old 10-16-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chris- i dont understand why you want to raise the TT hand if its to shut down if called. If i raise it (and i do always 4-handed here) its to get my stack in at some point. If there is some sort of history that makes it impossible to put the stacks in profitably or hero has a very tight image id rather just call down than raise/shutdown

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think you beat if villain 3bets you OOP and then likes his hand on this flop? 99, 88 maybe, but those hands are likely to check it down with you anyway.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the AK hand I c/r and then he shoved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd call and still be expecting to see AK or AQ a lot.