All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 05:33 AM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

ok
i have bought like 14 fake watches ranging from 100baht (!!!) up to 6000.

HUGE difference in quality, if anybody has a real breitling and wouldn't mind taking some photos that i can use for a side by side thing could they pm me?
Old 07-18-2007, 06:19 AM

Last night at a little bar in Vientiane, two other Americans and I spent half an hour discussing the king. It was great.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last night at a little bar in Vientiane, two other Americans and I spent half an hour discussing the king. It was great.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's done some seriously cool stuff hasn't he? Can't remember any of the things he did tho.

Btw, all the youtube proxie sites open up youtube ok, but the damn video doesn't show in *any* of them. Any idea why that might be?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:25 PM

i remember reading this thread a while back and never really thought anythiong about it but ive been giving it some thought and am seriously considering moving to thailand for a change of pace. im 20 yo and just want to live somehwere exotic. whats the living like over there? avg monthly expenses?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i remember reading this thread a while back and never really thought anythiong about it but ive been giving it some thought and am seriously considering moving to thailand for a change of pace. im 20 yo and just want to live somehwere exotic. whats the living like over there? avg monthly expenses?

[/ QUOTE ]

gee, you don't think any of that stuff might be contained in this thread? idiot
Old 07-19-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gee, you don't think any of that stuff might be contained in this thread? idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. NT!. You having an off day? that was a pretty lowkey flame. After your ATF humiliation of BluffThis I sorta expect more [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

IRT ?inf3kid? I shall be starting a new concise Thailand thread in the Travel Forum. Soz you can wait a few days or PM me with specific ??s
Old 07-23-2007, 10:51 AM

FAO Degen, great GREAT post. I'm trying to read it all but more pages get added than I read everyday ;P

I'd looked into this previously but some advice would be great. How far would 650k THB stretch to? I figure I could live on roughly 44k THB a month or is this being pessismistic. I know you said a little higher than that?

I know its all subjective but really I want to know how quickly you blow money over there as I'd have a steady income but no more than $1000 a month.

Keep the good work up anyway!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd looked into this previously but some advice would be great. How far would 650k THB stretch to? I figure I could live on roughly 44k THB a month or is this being pessismistic. I know you said a little higher than that?

I know its all subjective but really I want to know how quickly you blow money over there as I'd have a steady income but no more than $1000 a month.

[/ QUOTE ]
It all depends where you want to live and what you want to do. If you want to live in a nice Bangkok apartment, go to good clubs all the time, and bang hookers every night, then $1k/month isn't going to cut it. If lounging by the beach and drinking at local bars is more your thing, that's certainly doable. Or do what I did which is move to Vientiane where $1000 will let you do anything you want. I personally prefer it to Thailand but I think most here would disagree.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:00 AM

i'm on phangan right now need somewhere else to go. i was in chiang mai for 2 weeks, so anywhere but there. i leave on august 9th. help
Old 07-24-2007, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm on phangan right now need somewhere else to go. i was in chiang mai for 2 weeks, so anywhere but there. i leave on august 9th. help

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably degen it up for the last days in Pattaya but that's not for everybody.
Closed Thread