check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Scuba Chuck AA hand

[ QUOTE ]
Why isn't AK in their range?

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be, but it doesn't seem likely. A few things in the line don't fit. They might have reraised preflop. The raise on the flop would probably be larger so as not to price in like everything. And the bet on the river is way way way too large. What would AK be trying to get value from with a pot size bet? It loses to or ties with everything that calls that.

When playing against fairly competent players, I place quite a bit of faith in bet sizing. In this river situation there's no reason to bet full pot with a weakish made hand (nothing can call) or with a bluff (not much folds to $10 then $30 that doesn't also fold to $8 then $20). That leaves a big hand, an interpretation that is supported by the minraise on the flop and switch up to full pot on the turn (probably the board got too drawish for comfort).

[ QUOTE ]
Also, isn't the reason to "bluff" really is my stats are 18/12?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say your opponent wouldn't bluff, just that a bluff attempt probably wouldnt go minraise-pot-pot. But there's also the board, which is pretty monstrous looking versus someone who raised from the SB.

EDIT: OH wait you mean the 87hh hand right. There's nothing wrong with mixing it up a bit, I'm just saying you should do it in position. Threebet some TAG's raise with 87hh for sure, just steer clear of it OOP. The initial pf raise is worse than the call of the threebet btw. The point is that if you're afraid people will squeeze you, don't raise with bad hands in situations where it might go flat call-flat call-reraise. If you're in those situations you make it EASIER for other TAGs to pick on you.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Cash Hand History Exchange

Would any of you be interested in a hand history (cash) exchange of say 100-200 hands? They do this in the NL Cash forums. I signed up last week and got paired w/ a newb so I am not expecting much education from him. I reviewed his HH and am still waiting for him to review mine [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, I would be willing to pair people up if there is interest. I would try and pair like buy-in players, and try to randomly pair people within same groups.

If the vote looks promising I will reply and ask people to PM me.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: $25NL Nut flush draw vs action

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My standard line here is to call lead turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this, actually. I may adopt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially with someone yet to act behind, I like this approach best. And it's good for pot control.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Scuba Chuck AA hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why isn't AK in their range?

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be, but it doesn't seem likely. A few things in the line don't fit. They might have reraised preflop. The raise on the flop would probably be larger so as not to price in like everything. And the bet on the river is way way way too large. What would AK be trying to get value from with a pot size bet? It loses to or ties with everything that calls that.

When playing against fairly competent players, I place quite a bit of faith in bet sizing. In this river situation there's no reason to bet full pot with a weakish made hand (nothing can call) or with a bluff (not much folds to $10 then $30 that doesn't also fold to $8 then $20). That leaves a big hand, an interpretation that is supported by the minraise on the flop and switch up to full pot on the turn (probably the board got too drawish for comfort).

[ QUOTE ]
Also, isn't the reason to "bluff" really is my stats are 18/12?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The AA hand is of most interest to me, and all my questions were regarding this hand. Chris, thanks for taking my questions.

I forgot to add TdJd into the hand range of course.

I went through two thought processes on the river.
1) First one is that I should fold, KQ or 77 are his most likely holdings, and I'm way behind.
2) Second, as I was looking at PT (and hustling to hit "time"), things just didn't add up very well. His betting behavior (not just pattern) **felt** like a bluff, much more than a value bet. I say this with experience where I can nearly always put people on hands by the river (it doesn't mean I don't always make the right decisions, and I still can make bad calls, even though I **knew** their likely hand). I can usually smell out sets or pairs (for example, in that 37s hand, I think villain had nuts or K7) In this hand, I couldn't put him on a hand (other than the normal thought process). Everything about the hand felt like what I do when I try to bluff someone out of a pot and it also reminded me of a HU hand history between Gigabet and WildBill/GauchoFish/(can't remember current 2+2 handle). So, this leads me to my final question. In these situations, is realistic I can assume villain is bluffing 1/3 of the time (as opposed to a standard 10%)? Or is that spewing?
Old 10-15-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My standard line here is to call lead turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this, actually. I may adopt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially with someone yet to act behind, I like this approach best. And it's good for pot control.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed the fact there was someone yet to act behind. Ignore my c/r once in a while comment.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:28 PM

River bettor is 44/15/1.27. How's my line this time?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 PL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $67.65
UTG: $82.95
CO: $17.30
BTN: $55.20
Hero (SB): $132.35

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, CO calls $1, BTN calls $1, Hero calls $0.50, BB checks

Flop: ($4) 6 5 J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($4) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls $3, CO folds, BTN calls $3

River: ($13) J (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $5.50</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $5.50
Old 10-15-2007, 11:32 PM

I stacked CO previously with AA when we got all in on a QJ8r flop. He is 38/7/1.26.

Shorty is fairly new to the table.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 PL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

SB: $117
BB: $39
Hero (UTG): $241.25
MP: $83.50
CO: $97.95
BTN: $106.05

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, MP folds, CO calls $3.50, 2 folds, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($11) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>, CO calls $8, <font color="red">BB raises to $35.50 and is All-In</font>, <font color="red">Hero ?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:34 PM

Villain is 26/7/1.83.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 PL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

CO: $102.50
BTN: $22.75
Hero (SB): $235.45
BB: $105.45
UTG: $56.55

Pre-Flop: K A dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $3</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $7

Flop: ($21) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $16</font>, UTG calls $16

Turn: ($53) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks

River: ($53) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $13</font>, Hero folds

Standard or ?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:42 PM

The dude on my left is 42/27/5.67. I'm probably way ahead of his range and he is very likely to bet the flop. I'm not quite sure about shorty. Maybe leading this flop is better?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 PL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

SB: $101.85
BB: $29.50
Hero (UTG): $212.45
MP: $100.50
CO: $99.45
BTN: $104.95

Pre-Flop: T J dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, MP calls $3.50, 3 folds, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($11) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $11</font>, BB calls $11, <font color="red">Hero ?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:53 PM

Default hmm...

The blinds both had pretty TAGish stats. Villain is 18/15/5 over 100 hands. I haven't tangled with him, haven't really seen any hands get to showdown that give me an idea about his tendencies.

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

SB: $1,003.90
BB: $745.30
UTG: $980.70
CO: $528.50
Hero (BTN): $598.50

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14</font>, SB calls $12, BB calls $10

Flop: ($42) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($42) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $34</font>, Hero calls $34, SB calls $34

River: ($144) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $125</font>, Hero...