Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Peer to Peer transfer NET who do U trust ?

Question to Canadian neteller account holders; is your neteller account in US funds or CAD funds?

I did a small transfer for a US 2+2er and she insisted on 10%, good thing, because at 5% I would have lost funds after the 1.9% and neteller's exchange rates.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since we are dealing only with a service, I think 7%+2% NT fees =9% is reasonable. 5% is way low.....12 might be a bit high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see the analogy.
(1) Are you paying taxes on the income you are receiving?
(2) Those numbers have to do with the cut the Government gets from a transaction. Are you saying you are like a government? In what way?
(3) Do you know of any similar financial transaction for which a bank, etc. receives an immediate 7+%? The sale of a home is the only one I can think of, and that's ~6%, and that can involve months of effort on the part of the realtor.

also, there's (4) as the recipient of these fees, you have a vested interest in nudging the going rate up; you are not a neutral observer.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I am not a neutral observer but I am tryiong to be as objective as I can. When you are doing a favor for a couple of people, no sweat, I'll even do it for free. But when it becomes a barrage of PM's from people you don't know especially first time posters, it's no longer just a favor. It has become a business, fortunately or unfortunately. The big box stores (Green Devil,Mythra etc) are probably working on it all day whenever they have money to deposit....it does take time. If the P2P all were instantaneous, then sure 3% or even 2% is ok but waiting 4 hrs for 3% is not worth it. Would you Americans rather all of us pull out? Given the way NT seem to be handling things and giving conflicting responeses, I don't think that's a wise move. Everyone I've made transfers for seem VERY grateful for my efforts. I think anything around 8-10% is fair.....espcially dealing with first time posters.

And no we are not the gov't but we are using taxes as a guidline bc everything we do here in canada costs money above the costs of the stores profit.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:56 PM

props to Wabby for helping me out
Old 01-30-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had not before, or since, my account was closed, had any contact from neteller despite sending them emails about this after my account was closed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alls they want is for you to send them a utility bill and your id and then they will reopen I am in process of getting mine reopened right now and shouldnt be too much longer
Old 01-30-2007, 05:00 PM

[censored] just hit the fan. They closed my account less than 2 hours from my first transfer. Ouch. pls stop all transfer for now. I have send them emails and will get back to you ASAP.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:02 PM

Wabby just did a transfer for me that went outstanding. Thank you!
Old 01-30-2007, 05:05 PM

freni126 just helped me out, no probs

thank god that headache is gone, now I can say I will never go to neteller.com again? woot!
Old 01-30-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question to Canadian neteller account holders; is your neteller account in US funds or CAD funds?

I did a small transfer for a US 2+2er and she insisted on 10%, good thing, because at 5% I would have lost funds after the 1.9% and neteller's exchange rates.

[/ QUOTE ]
I changed mine to USD long ago, because it's much easier to move money around sites.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:07 PM

Mythra just hooked me up. Fast and no problems. A+++.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:07 PM

ineed a transfer done to pokerstars any help
Closed Thread