bet/call 5 41.67%
bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Scuba Chuck AA hand

Scuba,

AA hand: You might threebet the flop, but your line is reasonable too if you fold the river. A fast betting speed every street probably isn't consistent with a bad hand because she would probably need to consider checking the turn with a drawing hand or weak made hand and there's no possibility she minraised the flop with air. Also, the pot bets turn and river are suggestive of a good hand. There's no reason to bet the whole pot with a bluff really. If you called, you got shown KQ KT or 77. Also, I don't see how overall aggro can be 1.6 if all the individual streets are much higher?

73hh hand: Looks fine. He probably flopped the nuts.

78hh hand: Agreed with Josem about folding twice preflop. Flop call is mandatory. I play turn the same I guess, but I don't know why you're getting yourself into these situations at 25NL. Suited connectors are horrible hands OOP (I know you played this hand in position, but from the seat you opened from you were begging to play it OOP).

blackize,

[ QUOTE ]
So? We're raising the hand so it isn't guaranteed we'll be playing out of position. And the loosest player at the table is right behind us but folds too much postflop. Seems pretty profitable to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realise you make flushes and straights like basically never, right? Most of the time your hand plays as eight high. You want to do a bit better than it "not being guaranteed" that you'll play the hand OOP. CO folding too much (over a tiny sample, no doubt) isn't a reason to raise bad hands in early position. I know suited connectors look pretty, but they're BAD HANDS in the sense that they don't win very often at showdown. It's good to call raises with them or raise yourself when in position, but the important part of that is "in position", not "i has a suited connector". 86o on the button is a better hand than 87s in this seat is.

EDIT

btw, I do raise stuff like JTs from early position quite a bit. There are several reasons why that's a much better hand than 87s:

- You flop top pair a LOT more often
- If you make a flush you're less likely to be overflushed.
- If you make a (two card) straight, it will not only always be the nut straight, but it will happen on boards like KQ9 where people are likely to have good hands themselves.
- If you miss the flop, the flop will either at least give you overcards or a gutshot, or be something like Axx which people are inclined to fold on a lot.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:38 AM

cha,

I'd just lead the flop. I'm not thrilled about handing out free cards on that board. As played your line is OK.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Re: $25NL Nut flush draw vs action

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 37.5/6.25/2.80 in only 16 hands. How's my line?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 PL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $145.45
CO: $63.35
BTN: $47.60
Hero (SB): $106.15
BB: $76.35

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, BTN calls $1, Hero calls $0.50, BB checks

Flop: ($3) 8 Q 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50, BB folds

Turn: ($6) 9 (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3

River: ($12) 7 (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6

Results: $24 Pot ($1.20 Rake)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd never flat with QJo oop here. Its one of those raise or fold hands and against an relatively unknown its always a fold. As played I'd c/r the flop.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="brown">RVG AND OTHER 4BETTING GODS I CALL FOR YOU!</font>

I was trying to imitate some of you I quess. Villain is 28/25/5 3bets very wide on the blinds. I have folded my PFR to his 3bet two times this session. I would have folded to PF push.

No IQ poker Rosendal 0.50/1, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

Button ($40.95)
SB ($37)
BB ($102)
UTG Hero ($100)
UTG+1 ($230.90)
CO ($122.60)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5 6
Hero raises to 4, 4 folds, BB raises to 13.50, Hero raises to 32, BB calls 21.50.

Flop (72.50) 7 7 Q
BB checks, Hero bets 64, BB calls 64.

Turn (200.50) 9

River (200.50) 2

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
56s hand. I fold. I doubt you've been 3-bet by this guy often when you raised UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt my standard here on anything. NL100 regs arent very positionally aware. Like some are but not the majority. So I'll include it in my post if villain is positionally aware.

But lets just say one thing lead to another here. And lets say UTG raised too wide from the blinds. Was my 4bet size good in order to keep a door open for a fold? How was my cbet? Looks like I'm beating AK and occasional JJ.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:11 AM

I really don't think AK flats your 4 bet and check folds a missed flop. That would be pretty retarded play. Anyway I would probably check, but it's dependent on your image. You would want to be pretty sure both that JJ and TT are in his range and that he will fold them on this flop.

I don't understand why you feel the need to make plays like this at ipoker 100NL. I'm referring not just to the 4 bet but to the initial UTG raise with 56ss. Go back to basic principles. The typical 100 NL table is full of people who don't give respect to UTG raises and who call too often. Why is it that you think raising 56ss UTG will work out well in this situation? And why is your reaction to not getting enough respect for your raises to continue to raise with 65, but then when they don't show you respect, to raise AGAIN in an attempt to teach them a lesson? Non-rhetorical questions btw. You seem to be overthinking the whole game.

It's also possible that you're overrating how much of a read you have on other players. For instance, you'd need quite a number of hands with villain to be sure that him threebetting from the blinds a lot was a real phenomenon. And you'd need a TON of hands to know that he gave no respect to position.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:07 AM

meh I was on tilt and was "trying to win it back". I have simplified my game during this month (with good results) but I still have major tilt issues. I try to stop playing the second I tilt (which happens 1-3 times/week) but sometimes I have no control over myself for 20 seconds or so and it leads to this. Then I post the hand here hoping that I did something right.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 37.5/6.25/2.80 in only 16 hands. How's my line?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 PL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $145.45
CO: $63.35
BTN: $47.60
Hero (SB): $106.15
BB: $76.35

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, BTN calls $1, Hero calls $0.50, BB checks

Flop: ($3) 8 Q 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50, BB folds

Turn: ($6) 9 (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3

River: ($12) 7 (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6

Results: $24 Pot ($1.20 Rake)

[/ QUOTE ]

My standard line here is to call lead turn.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Scuba,

AA hand: You might threebet the flop, but your line is reasonable too if you fold the river. A fast betting speed every street probably isn't consistent with a bad hand because she would probably need to consider checking the turn with a drawing hand or weak made hand and there's no possibility she minraised the flop with air. Also, the pot bets turn and river are suggestive of a good hand. There's no reason to bet the whole pot with a bluff really. If you called, you got shown KQ KT or 77. Also, I don't see how overall aggro can be 1.6 if all the individual streets are much higher?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why isn't AK in their range? Also, isn't the reason to "bluff" really is my stats are 18/12? I've begun to notice (on Full Tilt at least) that the other tags are picking on other tags.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cha,

I'd just lead the flop. I'm not thrilled about handing out free cards on that board. As played your line is OK.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like leading the flop as well, although sometimes I would c/r and then shutdown if called.

Playing for pot control OOP (or playing rope-a-dope, not sure which you're trying prolly both) against a player that seems very aggressive - although tiny sample - is nearly impossible.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My standard line here is to call lead turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this, actually. I may adopt it.