Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 10:35 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin the next to get caught multi accounting Party MTTs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If ZJ was using all these accounts on one IP address, why didn't Party find about this sooner with their own "safeguards" and put a stop to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick,

I think that's the most disappointing thing about this whole situation.
Like others have said, you'd have to be pretty naive to think that multi-playering was not going on, but to have 6 freaking players on one IP address and the site not catching it immediately and stopping it makes me think that all of the security measures that they say are in place may not be.

Gee....if that's the case, maybe its rigged too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for replying. I finally had to figure out how to use the Google Toolbar "search on page" tool to find my post in threaded mode and see if there were any responses. Sorry to see you get hit on a bit.

I'm not naive but I wouldn't have known it's "easy to mask ones IP" as someone mentioned below you in the thread. That said, I won't stop playing but my ambitions in SNGs probably won't go much beyond the $77 level.

Anyway, this is all very depressing. Days like this really make me wonder about the life I've chosen.

~ Rick
Old 02-25-2006, 10:42 PM

Default Re: My Statement

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Embarrassingly, although I've seen it mentioned on here many times, and am aware it was scam related, I don't know what Enron is/was/does/did.

[/ QUOTE ]

"WOW"

[/ QUOTE ]

This might actually be one of the funniest parts of this thread. I'd recommend reading up on the subject buddy, its pretty important.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just scanned through Wikipedia and it appears to just be another American corporate fraud (Which was what I originally thought). If you can quickly explain to me why this one was more important than usual, and also why it's important to me in England (Most English frauds aren't very important to me, so an American one needs to be impressive) then that would be great.

Thanks

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Rent the documentary:
Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room

It spells it out pretty well and is a good watch.
What they did was nothing short of amazing.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:44 PM

Old 02-25-2006, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
N82,

"Also, what ZJ isn't the same as what some people do on a day-to-day basis. If anyone thinks putting six accounts is equivalent to sitting three people each at the pot limit omaha cash game tables and running a computer program that helps you figure out dead outs, then you honestly have no idea what you're talking about. "

Are you aware of people doing that?

[/ QUOTE ]

El D,

I've heard third hand stories (like, no one I know does this or has admitted it to me) about people who employ multiple computers in the same room, programs that scramble IP adresses, and other such things to collude online cash games.

I'm sure the most serious, agressive and outright cheeating is directed at high-stakes cash games, although I have no idea what the extent of it is.

Also, I'm pretty sure that there are people who have the technology and the discretion to continue multi-accounting MTTs after this whole thing dies down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Mike 'the Mouth' is better than we all gave him credit for. Perhaps it was cheating and not his play that made him go broke for the second....errrr....twentieth time.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:52 PM

Exclusive/El Capitano case was very different. When you ask your friend to play instead of you for a part of a tournament, it's not the same as creating multiple accounts by one person. You might not believe that Noah/Marcel did the first and not the second, but that what Stars concluded. Furthermore Stars changed the rules to clarify what's allowed and what not.

Why don't you read the posts in the thread related to this case.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:04 PM

I didn't care for it. It lent too much cover to Wall Street, the politicans and the regulators to dump their part in the scandel onto Enron.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:06 PM

It's amazing the shady stuff people get away with when they are making others a lot of money
Old 02-25-2006, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here, here. The Meower deserves a medal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I, for one, am rather shocked that no one has suggested yet (probably due to fear of the wrath of the moral gestapo) that the Meower deserves nothing more than a piece of cheese.

One can come down in opposition to cheating (as do I), while at the same time coming down in opposition to ratting out 19 year old kids who used some bad judgement. How much of the Meower's motives are derived from his moral compass, vis-a-vis the quantity derived from his jealousy and/or search for stardom on the chatboards?
Old 02-25-2006, 11:12 PM

Default Re: His party points are also gone ....

What a bad beat!
Old 02-25-2006, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
N82,

"Also, what ZJ isn't the same as what some people do on a day-to-day basis. If anyone thinks putting six accounts is equivalent to sitting three people each at the pot limit omaha cash game tables and running a computer program that helps you figure out dead outs, then you honestly have no idea what you're talking about. "

Are you aware of people doing that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry that I took me awhile to post, I was at a movie (btw, NEVER go see firewall... most predictable, dumb movie I've ever seen).

Anyway, I'm sad to say that one of the people that I took a programming class with in college did write a program to do this. It doesn't play for you, but it makes it basically impossible to lose at pot limit omaha knowing 12 cards and having a program do most of the analysis for you. Needless to say, I told him not to talk to me again when he told me about it in class one day. If I knew his screen names, I would report him. All I know is that in the spring of 2004, he was making a killing off Prima and Party PLO cash game tables. I haven't had any contact with him since... I'm not even sure how I'd go about contacting him if I wanted to.

I assume that if a CSC major can write a program to do that (granted he was the best programmer I've met in my life), a lot of people can do it. I don't know of any specific instance of it happening other than that.

Also, to the other posters who replied to me, I'm not apologizing for anyone. I'm not saying ZJ or any of the other four known people that I've mentioned in this thread didn't do anything wrong (btw, to answer El D, I never multi-accounted ... I don't even play tournaments, only cash games). What I'm trying to say is that ZJ didn't beat the game because of cheating. He beat the game FASTER because of cheating. Is that still cheating? YES. But to say that all of his bankroll was ill-gotten is simply incorrect. He is a winning player without multiple accounts. He is a greater winner with multiple accounts. Therefore, a significant % of his winnings could be attributed to his multiaccounting activities, but not everything. And btw, I do consider his multi scores as included because if he had more than one account in the PP million that he got 2nd in, then that was a realization of the "expectation" that he took from other players. I know most people aren't in the mood to listen, but I want to make sure people understand that he didn't need to do this to be a winner. And that has NOTHING to do with apologizing for his actions. I'm just trying to make sure that people understand the facts.
Closed Thread