FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group One: 1 vs 9
Sin City 113 86.92%
Batman (1966 version w/ Adam West) 17 13.08%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2007, 12:03 PM

Default Re: ** Official June Chat Thread: The Flush **

[ QUOTE ]
You guys ever tilt really badly, run like god, and then chalk it up to skill?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't we all tend to think we are a bit worse than we are when we're running badly and better than we are when we're running good? Hope it's not just me! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2007, 12:09 PM

lol Disclaimer: meh, just whipped this up with things on my mind so its probably scrambled but if you agree with any of these, send this email to support@pokerstars.com. edit it as you see fit.

Hi PokerStars,

Players like myself really appreciate when a cardroom like PokerStars listens to the requests/suggestions of the people, and take them under consideration as you have shown in the past.

My first request is applicable to all of your "fast" hold'em tables. I would like to suggest replacing the "sit out next blind" button, with a "sit out next ""big"" blind" button, or at least have one available. If this cannot be done, maybe have a preference tab somewhere in the lobby to set on an individual basis. (If someone really wanted to sit out on there small blind, I think they could hit the "sit out next hand" when playing from the big blind.

My second request has to deal with the shortstacking. Personally I think every player has the right to play however they want, within the rules. However, rules are just that, arbitrary rules, and I think PokerStars should change them to drastically increase the enjoyment of the game, for casual players, as well as regular players. If the minimum buy-in cannot be changed and is too much of a switch-up to anger some people, I think the time between sits with equal minimum stack size should be changed to ~12 hours.

My third request is a really easy one, a harmless preference tab to keep the lobby maximized even after opening up a cash game table.

My fourth request has to deal with something that I believe is highly un-ethical and easily avoidable. When someone is sitting at a table, and another person sits in, posts the small blind, plays the hand with an unfair advantage, and leaves before this equal positional advantage is given to the other player. There are two ways of solving this problem, first, you could require the "auto-post" button, to be checked and then the button could be assigned randomly, or maybe require the player posting the first small blind to sit out on his/her big blind if it is within the next 50 hands or so. It's actually not a huge problem but the fix is easy so why not do it

My fifth request is kind of ackward and ground-breaking and I have been doing a lot of unique thinking in this matter-
I was thinking Pokerstars could and should take advantage of the electronic convenience of playing poker online in the following way.
-You could create tables and require a certain multiple of big blinds in play on each hand.
I am going to use $5/$10 NL to easily illustrate what I'm talking about.
Ex: at a $5/$10 NL table you could offer, say, 10 different styles, one table requiring 100 BB's at all times, as a minimum or maximum, and some offering 150, 200, 300, 500, 1000, 50, 25, 10, 5, 1.
I could fire up a $5/$10, 500BB table and there would be a box or some display tab for a "queue" and maximum money that the software could automatically draw from, say I put $15,000 in this queue, $5,000 would automatically be on the table, minimum or maximum at the start of every hand for every player, and because of No Limit Hold'em's unique characteristics, this would really level the playing field and put a fun twist on the game. If I won money, anything over $5,000 would be deposited to my "queue", and if I lost money, the difference would be withdrawn to the money I have in play. This could happen instintaniously because of the electronic characteristics of poker online. If a player didn't have enough money in his/her "queue" to legally continue, a message would be given, asking if they still want to play, and if they could not supply the legal amount of money in play, then thatseat would open up. (there would have to be osmething in place so this box wasn't abused or opened up frequently. PokerStars could take this under advisement, maybe offer it at mid/small stakes to experiment with first, and put there own twist on it, I just thought the idea seemed really cool.

Anyhow I just thought these were some interesting points and I apologize if it doesn't all make great sense , but I figured I would submit this email in an effort to share my requests, some things that would make PokerStars much more enjoyable, and some unique ideas.

Thank You,

Andrew

P.S. Heads Up tables??!!!!!!! ok done now

P.P.S. Additional filter tab for specific limits! ok really done now thanks tell me if any of this is put to use
Old 06-23-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys ever tilt really badly, run like god, and then chalk it up to skill?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a short HU session yesterday like that, didn't think I played well, managed to get there with TP+gutter vs set, and rivered trips vs a big donkey, the tilt 4bet shove a naked flushdraw didn't work too well though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

end result up 1.3buyins while playing so/so at best
Old 06-23-2007, 12:22 PM

I should've included details, sorry:

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $382.10
BB: $575.00
UTG: $855.55
UTG+1: $338.00
the_main (MP): $586.15
CO: $515.00
BTN: $232.00

Preflop: the_main is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">the_main raises to $16.00</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $60.00</font>, the_main calls $44.00

Flop: ($122) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $76.00</font>, the_main calls $76.00

Turn: ($274) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $200.00</font>, <font color="red">the_main raises all-in to $450.15</font>, BB folds

Pot Size: $924.15 ($3 Rake)
Old 06-23-2007, 12:54 PM

God I stunk last night! Seemed like every continuation bet with air was being raised...even when I had an overpair I seemed to find the worst possible line, where I was looking at scary boards and big bets.

I would try and induce bluffs/pot control OOP and then fold to a large river/turn bet over and over. Finally I took a stand,looked at the nuts a few times,hated myself then curled into the fetal position and went to sleep.

Seems like most of the good players continuation be a very high % of the time...like 100% HU and less as you add more players.

Lots to learn.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:08 PM

Anyone know if you win one of the WSOP $12K packages on stars, you can just cash it?
Old 06-23-2007, 01:20 PM

I think thats all you can do actually...

They put 90% in your account and credit the rest once you;ve proove you reg'd.

I'm only like 50% sure here though...
Old 06-23-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know if you win one of the WSOP $12K packages on stars, you can just cash it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You get 11k in your account and they hold $1k for hotel. Only give you that once you register and wear their gear.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hi PokerStars,

Players like myself really appreciate when a cardroom like PokerStars listens to the requests/suggestions of the people, and take them under consideration as you have shown in the past.

My first request is applicable to all of your "fast" hold'em tables. I would like to suggest replacing the "sit out next blind" button, with a "sit out next ""big"" blind" button, or at least have one available. If this cannot be done, maybe have a preference tab somewhere in the lobby to set on an individual basis. (If someone really wanted to sit out on there small blind, I think they could hit the "sit out next hand" when playing from the big blind.

My second request has to deal with the shortstacking. Personally I think every player has the right to play however they want, within the rules. However, rules are just that, arbitrary rules, and I think PokerStars should change them to drastically increase the enjoyment of the game, for casual players, as well as regular players. If the minimum buy-in cannot be changed and is too much of a switch-up to anger some people, I think the time between sits with equal minimum stack size should be changed to ~12 hours.
I think you are asking way too much here. As it is, they give you an hour and I think that's very fair.

My third request is a really easy one, a harmless preference tab to keep the lobby maximized even after opening up a cash game table.

My fourth request has to deal with something that I believe is highly un-ethical and easily avoidable. When someone is sitting at a table, and another person sits in, posts the small blind, plays the hand with an unfair advantage, and leaves before this equal positional advantage is given to the other player. There are two ways of solving this problem, first, you could require the "auto-post" button, to be checked and then the button could be assigned randomly, or maybe require the player posting the first small blind to sit out on his/her big blind if it is within the next 50 hands or so. It's actually not a huge problem but the fix is easy so why not do it

My fifth request is kind of ackward and ground-breaking and I have been doing a lot of unique thinking in this matter-
I was thinking Pokerstars could and should take advantage of the electronic convenience of playing poker online in the following way.
-You could create tables and require a certain multiple of big blinds in play on each hand.
I am going to use $5/$10 NL to easily illustrate what I'm talking about.
Ex: at a $5/$10 NL table you could offer, say, 10 different styles, one table requiring 100 BB's at all times, as a minimum or maximum, and some offering 150, 200, 300, 500, 1000, 50, 25, 10, 5, 1.
I could fire up a $5/$10, 500BB table and there would be a box or some display tab for a "queue" and maximum money that the software could automatically draw from, say I put $15,000 in this queue, $5,000 would automatically be on the table, minimum or maximum at the start of every hand for every player, and because of No Limit Hold'em's unique characteristics, this would really level the playing field and put a fun twist on the game. If I won money, anything over $5,000 would be deposited to my "queue", and if I lost money, the difference would be withdrawn to the money I have in play. This could happen instintaniously because of the electronic characteristics of poker online. If a player didn't have enough money in his/her "queue" to legally continue, a message would be given, asking if they still want to play, and if they could not supply the legal amount of money in play, then thatseat would open up. (there would have to be osmething in place so this box wasn't abused or opened up frequently. PokerStars could take this under advisement, maybe offer it at mid/small stakes to experiment with first, and put there own twist on it, I just thought the idea seemed really cool.

Anyhow I just thought these were some interesting points and I apologize if it doesn't all make great sense , but I figured I would submit this email in an effort to share my requests, some things that would make PokerStars much more enjoyable, and some unique ideas.

So you want tables that force automatically rat-holing? It's an interesting idea.

Thank You,

Andrew

P.S. Heads Up tables??!!!!!!! ok done now

P.P.S. Additional filter tab for specific limits! ok really done now thanks tell me if any of this is put to use

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-23-2007, 02:07 PM

catcher...i'm not sure why all the hate for shortstacks

look up the guys that buy in for the minimum

95% of them are idiots taking a shot--the recreational guy--the one we want online

they donate

the good ones are rake machines for the poker sites

They win mostly off of 'good' players or 'regs'
They funnel the money on the site through a higher multiple of rake before it leaves

sites have no reason to get rid of short buyins
-the recreational guy loves taking his shot at a bigger game
-the good shorties negate the 'good' regs edge and makes the money cycle through the site rake more before it leaves

in summary,
OH NOES....they be stealing my bucket
is all i hear from the constant whining on this site.