FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: ___
Detroit 0 0%
Chicago (H) 10 100.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, August, READ RULES IN TOP POST

dude keep the water, ditch the lemonade and monster energy drink?

fill the rest with unibrew and rogue breweries beers. profit.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:59 AM

you should also get some [censored] beerpong beer

oh and Guinness

THEN POST MORE PICS!
Old 08-17-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you should also get some [censored] beerpong beer

oh and Guinness

THEN POST MORE PICS!

[/ QUOTE ]

Guinness is the best, better than the best if consumed in Ireland. Also if you enjoy lager, pick up some Samuel Smith's. For cream ale, go for John Smiths, no relation, but I've yet to see it for sale in the US. They do sell Boddington's which is also very good. Tastes like velvet.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are so many people I wish would die in a fire right now.

Watched the repeat of the WPT authors show where Tom McEvoy open shoves 32bbs hu with 22. He has a main event bracelet and people pay to learn what he knows about poker.

I feel like making a Collin Moshman rant, but I'm holding off because part of my frustration is at myself for not writing an sng book a year ago.

I have this odd dichotomy where one half is very upset that I haven't put more study/work into getting better and knowing that I have nobody to blame for my lack of success but myself. The other half is frustrated that even though I don't consider myself very good at poker, there are tons of players who are much more successful/"notable" who are just atrocious. Watching Clownie Gowen play poker makes me want to set my retinas on fire. Seeing asshats like McEvoy genuinely upset that his piece of [censored] poker literature doesn't get more respect makes me wish ill on his publisher's family for some reason.

Seeing Collin Moshman post this forum's ideas circa 2005 as new in such an arrogant, authoritative tone makes me hope for the book's failure. Collin, if you read this, thanks for posting the math behind ROI and hourly rates. Not many here are capable of making such complex calculations and having the author of the 2p2 sng book do the 4th grade math makes choosing my career path much easier.

I feel like a [censored] person for having thoughts like this over poker. Hmm... I shoulda posted this in my blog.

[/ QUOTE ]

bones, the simple nature of this game is there will always be people running insane hot. It has very little to do with skill level. There will always be people picked for "celebrity" status, it has NOTHING to do with skill level.

I went through a period about a year ago where I felt like a complete failure. I was averaging about the same $60ish/hour as always. But, so many people had gone on to make so much more it was just depressing.

After a while of wallowing in self pity, and some lecturing from Irieguy, it all just seemed silly. I did some soul searching, and came up with this.

I will never be a perfect player with a flawless game. I'm just not built that way. Everyone has their own set of skills/flaws. Mine will keep me from ever being jman or raptor. But, mine also allow me to make a good living from this game when the vast majority do far worse. In the end, it came down to this. I like who I am, always have. I will do the best I can, be the best version of me I can be. I will get the results I get. I can live with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sage advice.

BTW, it's not just poker. In any field you will find enormous idiot losers who succeed for reasons having nothing to do with talent, intelligence, or hard work.

All you can do is keep your nose to the grindstone and try to have a little fun along the way.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So Citanul locked my thread.

I have put together a plan to seriously start playing sngs.
Step 1: proper bankroll

Since I starting playing poker almost two years ago, I have never practiced good BR management, and almost invariably end up busto. This time, I am going to start with the standard 50 buy ins, and will not take a shot at a higher game until I am have 75 buy ins. I will then either play a mix of smaller and bigger games until I have a 50 BI BR for the higher game, or until I am down to 60 BIs, at which point I will exclusively move down.

Step 2: actually buy/use sng wiz

my game seriously dropped off when my sngwiz trial ended. Gonna buy it and analyze every single hand of every single tournament

step 3: play. a lot.
I have set a reachable goal of 100 stts per week. Playing 6 table sets that is about 15 hours per week, or 2 hrs a day.

step 4: ??????????

step 5: profit
After around 750 games, I have an avg. roi of 15%. With rakeback, playing around 400 games a month, I will make a conservative earnings estimate of around $300 per month (10 racks of busch lite / 1 oz)

What do you think sttf?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't post in the middle of Cha's Fridge of Beauty and expect anyone to notice [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You still playing the 6.50s? I really need some sort of motivation to play a ton and I'd be up for some sort of challenge if you are interested. Don't have to wager anything big obviously, but I just could use something to keep me motivated.

PM me if your interested.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:35 AM

In just over a month, i'm going to a uni ball. the theme is "What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas." So, as experts on Vegas, I'm asking your help for an idea for a costume or something.

Best idea wins an autographed photo of me from the night.

By way of background, a couple of years ago, the theme was "Jungle Fever." I wore a black suit, but orange shirt, orange tie, orange belt and orange socks with a secret agent ID badge - making me "Agent Orange." (get it? Jungle Fever...Agent Orange...)

Some photos from previous years:

Old 08-17-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So Citanul locked my thread.

I have put together a plan to seriously start playing sngs.
Step 1: proper bankroll

Since I starting playing poker almost two years ago, I have never practiced good BR management, and almost invariably end up busto. This time, I am going to start with the standard 50 buy ins, and will not take a shot at a higher game until I am have 75 buy ins. I will then either play a mix of smaller and bigger games until I have a 50 BI BR for the higher game, or until I am down to 60 BIs, at which point I will exclusively move down.

Step 2: actually buy/use sng wiz

my game seriously dropped off when my sngwiz trial ended. Gonna buy it and analyze every single hand of every single tournament

step 3: play. a lot.
I have set a reachable goal of 100 stts per week. Playing 6 table sets that is about 15 hours per week, or 2 hrs a day.

step 4: ??????????

step 5: profit
After around 750 games, I have an avg. roi of 15%. With rakeback, playing around 400 games a month, I will make a conservative earnings estimate of around $300 per month (10 racks of busch lite / 1 oz)

What do you think sttf?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't post in the middle of Cha's Fridge of Beauty and expect anyone to notice [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You still playing the 6.50s? I really need some sort of motivation to play a ton and I'd be up for some sort of challenge if you are interested. Don't have to wager anything big obviously, but I just could use something to keep me motivated.

PM me if your interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm down as well - 6.5s or the 12s
Old 08-17-2007, 01:55 AM

Which one are you in the 4th pic????

Oh, and go as this guy:

Use cards instead of a badge (72o oughta do it)...
Bad Beat Cop dontcha know.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:00 AM

Have you ever heard of putting an emergency contact in your cell phone under the name "ice"?
Old 08-17-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever heard of putting an emergency contact in your cell phone under the name "ice"?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.legislation.vic.gov.au/domino...df!OpenDocument
Closed Thread