Great Idea! wooh whooo! 22 35.48%
Good idea 18 29.03%
no opinion / don't care / neutral opinion 19 30.65%
Bad Idea Jeans 3 4.84%
horrible, stinky, icky idea. blech. 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 01:08 AM

Default Re: STTF [censored] thread December (NSFW)

In that PCA freeroll - blinds 4k/8k, avg stack 500k. How does that happen? Shouldn't the avg stack be a lot closer to 20BBs by this point, like it is in most MTTs? Dear god, if these guys play tight close to the bubble, this thing could go on another 8 hours.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh snap, I just got into the $475 PCA Seat Only sat on Saturday. Somebody teach me about sats please.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you value your sanity at all avoid sats to the PCA at all costs.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:00 AM

why raptor pwns obv (note chat):

PokerStars Game #7493937157: Hold'em No Limit ($25/$50) - 2006/12/18 - 01:57:25 (ET)
Table 'Ornamenta' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 2: thegrumpyone ($4949 in chips)
Seat 4: deerchaser21 ($3050 in chips)
Seat 5: yellowsub86 ($7521 in chips)
Seat 7: Bebop86 ($7661 in chips)
Seat 8: strassa2 ($15188.40 in chips)
strassa2: posts small blind $25
thegrumpyone said, "that was cute when you and durr took me out to lunch this summer"
thegrumpyone: posts big blind $50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
thegrumpyone said, "the double date"
deerchaser21: folds
yellowsub86: folds
Bebop86 said, "<3"
Bebop86: calls $50
thegrumpyone said, "limp lololol"
strassa2: calls $25
thegrumpyone: raises $150 to $200
Bebop86: calls $150
thegrumpyone said, "dmanit"
thegrumpyone said, "kjdg"
thegrumpyone said, "kljghi]"
strassa2: calls $150
*** FLOP *** [8h 6d Ts]
strassa2: checks
thegrumpyone: bets $450
Bebop86: calls $450
strassa2: folds
*** TURN *** [8h 6d Ts] [2d]
thegrumpyone: checks
Bebop86: checks
*** RIVER *** [8h 6d Ts 2d] [9c]
thegrumpyone: checks
Bebop86: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
thegrumpyone: shows [Ah As] (a pair of Aces)
Bebop86: mucks hand
thegrumpyone collected $1498 from pot
thegrumpyone said, "damnit"
Bebop86 said, "yea yea yea"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1500 | Rake $2
Board [8h 6d Ts 2d 9c]
Seat 2: thegrumpyone (big blind) showed [Ah As] and won ($1498) with a pair of Aces
Seat 4: deerchaser21 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: yellowsub86 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Bebop86 (button) mucked
Seat 8: strassa2 (small blind) folded on the Flop
Old 12-18-2006, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh snap, I just got into the $475 PCA Seat Only sat on Saturday. Somebody teach me about sats please.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's evaluate 2 scenarios:

#1 - spend $309 and 5 hours on the $109r MTT. If you're really really lucky chop top 3 for $10k.

#2 - spend $0 and 13 hours on the PCA freeroll. If you're really really really really really really lucky, get an $11k package.

I think if you're a winning poker player, it's pretty hard to justify #2.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:34 AM

Suzzer,

Sign onto AIM. I've been whining to people about a huge cooler hand I had when I should just have sent it to you.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's evaluate 2 scenarios:

#1 - spend $309 and 5 hours on the $109r MTT. If you're really really lucky chop top 3 for $10k.

#2 - spend $0 and 13 hours on the PCA freeroll. If you're really really really really really really lucky, get an $11k package.

I think if you're a winning poker player, it's pretty hard to justify #2.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was kidding of course. fwiw i would have gambooled it up early but u cant vs 8 sitouts [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. once i had 300BBs i think i couldnt justify not playing it out just to see. im def not rolled to qualify properly just yet. next year.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:40 AM

I had like 5 people IM me yesterday who played that same freeroll and all of them were at tables either playing HU or the only person at their tables not sitting out.

Has anyone seen the South Park where the kids play the little league world series, and every game the teams keep trying to lose, but some are better than others at losing.

This is what it reminded me of.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:55 AM

I woke up at noon and realized it was playing on my computer. My table had 4 live people besides me of course. Then I lost the nut straight to runner runner FH. Goodnight me. Much bettter than playing all day and bubbling now though
Old 12-18-2006, 05:32 AM

you know how people talk about "burning out" when it comes to work or school... is it possible to be experiencing something like this in 4th year of an undergrad program?

I have been at the top of my class since around when I was 12, and for a while worked very very hard to stay there. Grade 7 - 9 I would actually get migraine headaches 2 - 3 times a week because I worked myself to ridiculous levels of stress. This was dumb, so around grade 10 I decided to chill out, love life and dropped a couple of percentage points. It was almost intentional, although I still was in the top 5 to 10% of all of my classes, and that was good enough for me. First through third year at university I was lazy, but I was lazy because I just chose not to work that hard. The type of lazy you are on a Sunday afternoon, because although you could get off the couch you’d just rather not. What I mean was, I worked as hard as I had to in order to stay at the top of my class. If I worked like I did in grade 7 I likely could have been one of the top few in my class, but that wasn't for me, so I would maintain work habits of an average student, but when I worked I would really sit down and crank out good stuff. This year, especially the past month or so, I have lost all motivation. This is very troubling for me as it is completely different than being lazy, and IMO, much much worse. It is now much less of a choice about when I want to do work, and more a function of when to do I HAVE to do work. I want to keep an 80 this year for transcript purposes and because I pride myself on my results, so I will, but this is actually the only motivation I have. When I have to sit down to do assignments I literally pace back in forth and dread doing work. I work in 1 hour increments because I don't have the stomach for anything more unless I ABSOLUTELY have to. Then I crank out gems again. It's just alarming me that the only thing that can motivate me now is outright desperation. This is very weird for me too because I consider myself a very logical and rational person and this makes no sense. If someone tells me I have to turn in a paper in two hours, I will turn it in in two hours and it will be good, but if I try and tell myself to finish the same paper in two hours, dick all is getting done. I will actually just sit there in a huff, anticipating the work and hating that I have to do it. Believe me, I think this is absolutely ridiculous and have no idea how I’ve ended up feeling this way or why it is that I do. I only have a semester left of school so I'll just suck it up, but is this something that will go away after a year off (im taking next year off because id kill myself at a real job right now... my ultimate fear being ill always feel this way), or is this an alteration of my character that will only be corrected with equal opposite influence?

dont worry im not depressed or anything, probably one of the happier guys you'd meet, but this [censored] is pissing me off... i mean wtf?

anyone relate?
Old 12-18-2006, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

you know how people talk about "burning out" when it comes to work or school... is it possible to be experiencing something like this in 4th year of an undergrad program?

I have been at the top of my class since around when I was 12, and for a while worked very very hard to stay there. Grade 7 - 9 I would actually get migraine headaches 2 - 3 times a week because I worked myself to ridiculous levels of stress. This was dumb, so around grade 10 I decided to chill out, love life and dropped a couple of percentage points. It was almost intentional, although I still was in the top 5 to 10% of all of my classes, and that was good enough for me. First through third year at university I was lazy, but I was lazy because I just chose not to work that hard. The type of lazy you are on a Sunday afternoon, because although you could get off the couch you’d just rather not. What I mean was, I worked as hard as I had to in order to stay at the top of my class. If I worked like I did in grade 7 I likely could have been one of the top few in my class, but that wasn't for me, so I would maintain work habits of an average student, but when I worked I would really sit down and crank out good stuff. This year, especially the past month or so, I have lost all motivation. This is very troubling for me as it is completely different than being lazy, and IMO, much much worse. It is now much less of a choice about when I want to do work, and more a function of when to do I HAVE to do work. I want to keep an 80 this year for transcript purposes and because I pride myself on my results, so I will, but this is actually the only motivation I have. When I have to sit down to do assignments I literally pace back in forth and dread doing work. I work in 1 hour increments because I don't have the stomach for anything more unless I ABSOLUTELY have to. Then I crank out gems again. It's just alarming me that the only thing that can motivate me now is outright desperation. This is very weird for me too because I consider myself a very logical and rational person and this makes no sense. If someone tells me I have to turn in a paper in two hours, I will turn it in in two hours and it will be good, but if I try and tell myself to finish the same paper in two hours, dick all is getting done. I will actually just sit there in a huff, anticipating the work and hating that I have to do it. Believe me, I think this is absolutely ridiculous and have no idea how I’ve ended up feeling this way or why it is that I do. I only have a semester left of school so I'll just suck it up, but is this something that will go away after a year off (im taking next year off because id kill myself at a real job right now... my ultimate fear being ill always feel this way), or is this an alteration of my character that will only be corrected with equal opposite influence?

dont worry im not depressed or anything, probably one of the happier guys you'd meet, but this [censored] is pissing me off... i mean wtf?

anyone relate?

[/ QUOTE ]

To paraphrase the great good2cu, this post makes me wonder if there's more to life than shipping it.

Turns out there isn't. Just relax, finish up, and own life in a couple of months.
Closed Thread