Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2006, 11:08 AM

Default Re: MAFIA

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Vox,

Since I dont know how I can vote for you today Vox, I will put together my reasoning that KM is the last mafia for you as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Translate: I am trying to lynch the villager I think I can get lynched....

[/ QUOTE ]

Um wow, LOL KM. "if" you were a villager you would be surprised to see that it was down to us 3. I love how now youre acting like Im such a clear mafia and you are implying like its such an easy decision...you said yourself just yesterday you would be surprised if I was the last mafia, my my how that has changed huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh..let's see...because since xorbie died I have been sitting here wondering who the hell the last mafia is? Because I said if it is Vox - so be it? Because Fnord is dead and you are still here? Because I really suspected you earlier, but no one would listen to me?

Seriously - what do you expect me to think/say? 'Wow, MDD, I am so surprised it's you!!!'

If it is not you, then it is VOX. I have suspected you for a few days now. When you voted GT with me and he was mafia, you dropped. But - here we are....

I will post my other reason next.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Vox,

her best hope is you will make a decison without reading the thread. Dont let that happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am really hoping he does read through the thread (although, if you aren't the last mafia, I can see VOX just sitting there, paging through the thread, laughing like hell at the two of us...)
Old 08-30-2006, 11:21 AM

KM, that is a possibility. Vox may be the last mafia and sitting back letting us beat each other up and laughing. I know one thing - I am not voting myself.

KM,

What % of the time do you think Vox is the mafia here?
Old 08-30-2006, 11:23 AM

I hope this isn't a math quiz. I forgot all my probability. But he has the same chance as anyone, doesn't he. There were 21 players and 5 were mafia? So about 25%?

(Please don't point at me and yell "Mafia!!!" if I got this wrong.)
Old 08-30-2006, 11:27 AM

The thing is - if Vox is the last mafia - I can live with that loss. I will really beat myself up afterwards if it is you and I vote Vox - mostly because I suspected you earlier. That may be a poor reason to vote someone, but it would give me very bad dreams.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is - if Vox is the last mafia - I can live with that loss. I will really beat myself up afterwards if it is you and I vote Vox - mostly because I suspected you earlier. That may be a poor reason to vote someone, but it would give me very bad dreams.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this reasoning and its the main reason I feel I have to vote you KM. I just hate that Vox may be able to sit back and wait for the 1st one of us to vote and he can step in and end it.

Oh well.

I will put more up on why I think KM is the last mafia in a bit.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:01 PM

MDD - I understand why you feel you have to vote me. As I said, if it is Vox, I can live with it and I don't think we played poorly.

I, personally, don't have any "proof" that I am a villager - but I am. I can't wait to see MDDs, because unless a seer cleared him, there is no proof. He said earlier in the game that he was "all but confirmed" because he voted Shorty first. That doesn't clear someone.

I know I voted Horn, but I suspected him of being evil from Day 1. Read my posts. I believed books initially, but I think my reasons for changing my mind were also valid. I never trusted Shorty. GT was on my list for a while, but not real high, because I really thought Fnord (and MDD) was evil. When MDD mentioned GT, I decided to vote GT and see if anyone was willing to join. When MDD joined me, I figured he couldn't be evil.

MDD pushed so hard for Zurvan, when it was obvious he wasn't (IMHO). He totally ignored my request to at least consider that Zurvan didn't throw hissy fits as an evil. In fact, I don't think MDD ever even responded to it. He just ignored it.

Even more interesting, MDD - you actually <u>cleared</u> Zurvan after SH died (saying Zurvan had to be a villager, as Scott was a seer hunt). You said it <u>twice</u>. Then, when it was convenient, you turned around and decided he was a "must-lynch" mafia. A villager doesn't fight to lynch someone they believe is cleared by a seer hunt.... particularly when we had so little to go on with our own seers and there are better candidates.

You have done nothing but contradict yourself throughout the game.

I knew after xorbie died, I would be alive today. Nobody was going to kill me, I am an easy lynch. Fnord and MDD have been after me for a while now and VOX even suggested I was mafia at one point. It makes sense the MDD would kil Fnord, as he said he was "cleared" yesterday. He would never be able to make a case against him today. I made my mind up last night that if Fnord was alive, I was voting him. If MDD was alive, I was voting him. If it is Vox, so be it.

Vox – if you are a villager, please ask me anything you want before you vote. I will go back and find my first post calling MDD out, in case you don't want to read the whole thread to find it. If you are evil...never mind.

That's all I got.

vote MDD
Old 08-30-2006, 12:03 PM

Vox - here's one post re: MDD I made.

[ QUOTE ]
I am not saying not to vote Zurvan because he's not here and I am not going to fight to "defend" him. But, no, I don't think he is mafia. Yes, I think he was wrong the other day.

But:
1) do you really think a mafia would be so obvious? and
2) does Zurvan get this worked up/angry as an evil? I don't think he does.

Couple that with:
1) your insistence that you are a villager because you voted Shorty first, but
2) I am on your list, even though I voted Shorty second (no, this doesn't clear me in any way), and
3) your desire to vote the missing guy

Yes - this all makes me worry.

[ QUOTE ]
Trying to put suspicion on me will only bring it on yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

You already suspect me - remember.

I have meetings all afternoon, so I won't be around for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-30-2006, 12:05 PM

Here's another

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you remember from yesterday, I posted that I had an idea of who we should lynch after Shorty, and Zurvan was really interested in finding out who was on my list.

[/ QUOTE ]

MDD,
And yet today, your first post was asking to see a suspect list from myself and xorbie....

Maybe it is playing styles, but I don't think it is wolfy because someone wants to know who someone else suspects. In fact, I find it more wolfy when someone will not name their suspects.

Frankly, you weren't real high on my list today, but you are now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-30-2006, 12:07 PM

One of MDDs "Zurvan is somewhat cleared" posts

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that this post from SH:

[ QUOTE ]
ok
early early results are in
so far these people are probably wolves:
sighing
dmbfan
Mdoran or Fnord
these people are possible wolves
magra
shortline
gt1t
these people are villagers :
zurvan

im very excited to see we had several little chats about vigilante strategy and other rules questions. any reason you people didnt iron these things out in the friggin discussion thread? wtf?
vote sighing

[/ QUOTE ]

is why he was killed. In my eyes this clears Zurvan some. Notice how he used "probably" and "possible" for his wolves, but left them out of his statement about Zurvan, just saying, "These people are villagers."

This is very easily read to be a seerish post. They likely assumed he was the seer and had peeked Zurvan.

[/ QUOTE ]