Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey gelford, disappear more

newb- bah lucky u jerk! haha jk

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, not luck bro - Just get some cardio/decent diet and you'll drop the 80lbs that i lost to get those abs [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I run good at dieting [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

im down 45 so far, looking to drop ~20 more
Old 10-12-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey gelford, disappear more

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure ... cya

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOOOOOOOOO [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 02:00 PM

That Clayton post and all the FGators stuff had made me realise: I am FGators. Quite a revelation.

But I am somewhat confused abut something: it sounds like Clayton is saying you need to outplay your opponants.

Now, while this might appear self-evident, I can't help agreeing with Derosnec's contribution to the thread: if you watch the CR pros (Derosnec specifically mentions Aba) they HARDLY EVER "try to outplay people". In fact, the opposite. Townsend is ALWAYS going on about just playing "good, solid poker". And I agree with Derosnec, I hardly ever see him making moves. He just seems to have a really, really solid value game (value in terms of betting when you are ahead of a range, and folding when you are not). In fact, the only CR vids I've seen where the tutor tries to outplay people are Tufats (and I think he is freakishly talented). I can't think of any of the others who do it regularly.

So, I guess I am more confused than before reading Clayton's post. Bah. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
after reading the FGators thread, i've realized that like 95% of the regs at 50nl are FGators

[/ QUOTE ]

can you link me to the thread or give me a few keywords for the search function? I'm way too tired to go searching for it. Is it the "I got a document where I store my bad beats thread"? Is there actually good advice in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

just read this and ull be a better player

[ QUOTE ]
fgators,

as i said before, u dont get any value at all from your marginal hands due to the image u promote.

the big hands and coolers u experience constitutes prob 98% of ur winnings or losses, whereas players who consistently win depend on those situations far less as their means of extracting money. they generate and win significantly more of those $60 pots that you never win because you just check call oop and never fire multiple barrels or riverbets with those marginal hands.

as a result of this, u make urself incredibly exploitable and regulars can handread you easy so they never donate to you. when you do things like CC on a 982 flop oop, when the turn is a king, whatever hero has in position you prob CF the turn like 90% of the time.

conversely, when u cc on a J63 flop oop after just calling pre, we can safely put you on QJ+ and know not to fire any more barrels unless we improve. so when we do, you scream like a little girl how the PokerStars RNG has screwed you over, when in reality it's your playing style that has.

basically out of this comes the theory of gator dollars. other players who play looser and valuebet thinner are capable of finding more +EV spots from both regs and fish, and thus make more.

you, however, stand to never make any money in postflop situations, and can only stack donkeys.

I anticipate your pokerEV thing to maybe run slightly better or worse than the norm, but it will be considerably more erratic than other players at your level, because they are able to influence and win bigger pots that you would never even have thunk to do. the best example I can think of is you never end up with a hand on the river for stacks that backed into something.

anyways, this is the most and prob last I will say on the subject. FGators plays a style of poker that can crush tournaments, SNGs, and live cashgames in most places, however in online cashgames above $1/2 his inability to extract value from thinner than obvious spots leads to his only "swings" coming from cooler situations that everyone else experiences. as a result, his winrate is close to zero, deviating only above or below the norm when he wins or loses his coolers more often than is normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]this is so spot on it isnt even funny. that is why it hurts me so much to see some of u who play so weak tight and far to passive in the games. u really r gonna struggle untill u adjust. and why not adjust now?!!??!

i can personally think of 3 or 4 hands in the last week or so where i fired a 2nd barrel with a gutter draw or a back door flush draw. got called by tpgk and then hit on the river and procceeded to get a stack from a nitty retard. boom. feels awsome and really helps ur winrate a ton.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:04 PM

Full Tilt Poker Game #3833023523: Table Nevada (6 max) - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:01:59 ET - 2007/10/12
Seat 1: The Lion ($100)
Seat 2: Only A Mirage ($112)
Seat 3: pipehead ($102.70)
Seat 4: ilovemypuppy ($131.60)
Seat 5: BULLINI ($77.15)
Seat 6: threetwo1 eh ($100)
BULLINI posts the small blind of $0.50
threetwo1 eh posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ilovemypuppy [Kd Qs]
Only A Mirage folds
pipehead calls $1
ilovemypuppy raises to $5
BULLINI calls $4.50
threetwo1 eh folds
pipehead folds
*** FLOP *** [Qc 7c 4c]
threetwo1 eh is sitting out
BULLINI checks
ilovemypuppy bets $10
BULLINI calls $10
*** TURN *** [Qc 7c 4c] [2d]
BULLINI has 15 seconds left to act
BULLINI checks
ilovemypuppy has 15 seconds left to act
ilovemypuppy bets $21
BULLINI calls $21
*** RIVER *** [Qc 7c 4c 2d] [Kc]
threetwo1 eh has returned
BULLINI has 15 seconds left to act
BULLINI bets $11
ilovemypuppy: like
ilovemypuppy: lol
ilovemypuppy: great line
ilovemypuppy calls $11
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BULLINI shows [Kh Qh] two pair, Kings and Queens
ilovemypuppy shows [Kd Qs] two pair, Kings and Queens
BULLINI ties for the pot ($46.50) with two pair, Kings and Queens
ilovemypuppy ties for the pot ($46.50) with two pair, Kings and Queens
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $96 | Rake $3
Board: [Qc 7c 4c 2d Kc]
Seat 1: The Lion is sitting out
Seat 2: Only A Mirage didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: pipehead folded before the Flop
Seat 4: ilovemypuppy (button) showed [Kd Qs] and won ($46.50) with two pair, Kings and Queens
Seat 5: BULLINI (small blind) showed [Kh Qh] and won ($46.50) with two pair, Kings and Queens
Seat 6: threetwo1 eh (big blind) folded before the Flop
Old 10-12-2007, 02:07 PM

kaz i fire a second barrel and end up with 5 hi, lol

ilovemypuppy: like
ilovemypuppy: lol
ilovemypuppy: great line

i swear to god i have said that exact wording to so many people

oh, and yesterday i flopped the nuts 3 times with 69, K10 and Q10....all 3 times i flopped the nut str8 and split an all in pot with another person...[censored] U RAKE
Old 10-12-2007, 02:11 PM

CHOMP, the point was that fgators does not MAKE these value bets, he doesnt mix up his play, and he is transparent. Theres a difference between "outplaying" or getting tricky and mixing up ur game. If u only call with the nuts..is someone gonna fire a second barrel on u ever? NO. The point is without mixing in things like floating and 2nd barrels, as well as valuebetting light, u will be incredibly exploitable
Old 10-12-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nl newbie... blog looks good... you have been slacking hard core on your training tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, i know! However its mainly updates, i've trained around 70% of my planned training and been bulking but poor diet.

So overall poor results, input=output (This is why its so awesome, where as poker is not even close to that basic function).

So good little break from poker, plus you dont turn into a lardball playing poker or get a sore ass from sitting.

Anyway, all be on track and updated/sorted within the week i think.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:19 PM

Anyone playing in the 2007 World Blogger Championship of Online Poker this Sunday?
Old 10-12-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fgators,

as i said before, u dont get any value at all from your marginal hands due to the image u promote.

the big hands and coolers u experience constitutes prob 98% of ur winnings or losses, whereas players who consistently win depend on those situations far less as their means of extracting money. they generate and win significantly more of those $60 pots that you never win because you just check call oop and never fire multiple barrels or riverbets with those marginal hands.

as a result of this, u make urself incredibly exploitable and regulars can handread you easy so they never donate to you. when you do things like CC on a 982 flop oop, when the turn is a king, whatever hero has in position you prob CF the turn like 90% of the time.

conversely, when u cc on a J63 flop oop after just calling pre, we can safely put you on QJ+ and know not to fire any more barrels unless we improve. so when we do, you scream like a little girl how the PokerStars RNG has screwed you over, when in reality it's your playing style that has.

basically out of this comes the theory of gator dollars. other players who play looser and valuebet thinner are capable of finding more +EV spots from both regs and fish, and thus make more.

you, however, stand to never make any money in postflop situations, and can only stack donkeys.

I anticipate your pokerEV thing to maybe run slightly better or worse than the norm, but it will be considerably more erratic than other players at your level, because they are able to influence and win bigger pots that you would never even have thunk to do. the best example I can think of is you never end up with a hand on the river for stacks that backed into something.

anyways, this is the most and prob last I will say on the subject. FGators plays a style of poker that can crush tournaments, SNGs, and live cashgames in most places, however in online cashgames above $1/2 his inability to extract value from thinner than obvious spots leads to his only "swings" coming from cooler situations that everyone else experiences. as a result, his winrate is close to zero, deviating only above or below the norm when he wins or loses his coolers more often than is normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this 100%.

However i still think NL$25 etc can be chrushed(Check your DB for Bleight23 or Blieght23 i forget). Hes like 15/14 or something, nit plays super ABC.

10PTBB - But maybe hes running hot, however ive tried this and broke even running bad.

But for NL$200 nits used to be favourite opponents.
Closed Thread