Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 08:59 PM

Default Re: My Statement

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Embarrassingly, although I've seen it mentioned on here many times, and am aware it was scam related, I don't know what Enron is/was/does/did.

[/ QUOTE ]

"WOW"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd recommend reading up on the subject buddy, its pretty important.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not all that important for a brit poker player to know about this.

Also- All this curtains bashing is retarded, but didn't anyone else see it coming with dicheads mention of him in the statement?
Old 02-25-2006, 09:07 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin the next to get caught multi accounting Party MTTs

[ QUOTE ]
If ZJ was using all these accounts on one IP address, why didn't Party find about this sooner with their own "safeguards" and put a stop to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick,

I think that's the most disappointing thing about this whole situation.
Like others have said, you'd have to be pretty naive to think that multi-playering was not going on, but to have 6 freaking players on one IP address and the site not catching it immediately and stopping it makes me think that all of the security measures that they say are in place may not be.

Gee....if that's the case, maybe its rigged too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 02-25-2006, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Embarrassingly, although I've seen it mentioned on here many times, and am aware it was scam related, I don't know what Enron is/was/does/did.

[/ QUOTE ]

"WOW"

[/ QUOTE ]

This might actually be one of the funniest parts of this thread. I'd recommend reading up on the subject buddy, its pretty important.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just scanned through Wikipedia and it appears to just be another American corporate fraud (Which was what I originally thought). If you can quickly explain to me why this one was more important than usual, and also why it's important to me in England (Most English frauds aren't very important to me, so an American one needs to be impressive) then that would be great.

Thanks

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a complex web of off balance sheet debt, but to be fair, it would have been easy for someone who spent more than 30 secs looking at the accounts to discover the figures don't work. I can think of at least one massive US company that has worse accounting policies than Enron, ever heard of Cisco Systems, some of the [censored] they pull is criminal, but no one lost money yet so no problems eh?

Mack
Old 02-25-2006, 09:12 PM

Lori,

To finish the hijack, it was just a big, high profile one that's an easy example.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If ZJ was using all these accounts on one IP address, why didn't Party find about this sooner with their own "safeguards" and put a stop to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick,

I think that's the most disappointing thing about this whole situation.
Like others have said, you'd have to be pretty naive to think that multi-playering was not going on, but to have 6 freaking players on one IP address and the site not catching it immediately and stopping it makes me think that all of the security measures that they say are in place may not be.

Gee....if that's the case, maybe its rigged too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone read what other posters bother to put up on here unless you have 12,000,000 posts or happen to be a pro?

I'll repeat - its EASY to mask your IP address so the whole IP argument is worthless.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll repeat - its EASY to mask your IP address so the whole IP argument is worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not worthless unless everyone who's doing this is masking their IP.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not worthless unless everyone who's doing this is masking their IP.

[/ QUOTE ]

So people who are scamming upto $100,000 don't make the effort to find out? Well that's commonsense.

Not.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone read what other posters bother to put up on here unless you have 12,000,000 posts or happen to be a pro?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

You're getting worked up because I didn't read your post in a thread that over 1000 replies long.

If you need attention that badly, you should get a dog.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 02-25-2006, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

You're getting worked up because I didn't read your post in a thread that over 1000 replies long.

If you need attention that badly, you should get a dog.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't flatter yourself Woody. I wasn't even particularly talking about you (you'll know when I do as I'll attack you directly).

By the way your analogy was neither funny, clever, original or apt. Just so you know.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
although I've seen it mentioned on here many times, and am aware it was scam related, I don't know what Enron is/was/does/did.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lori,
Enron was I think the biggest case of accounting fraud ever discovered until the Worldcom (MCI) case that broke about a year later. Something like 30 Enron officials were criminally indicted. Arthur Anderson, one of the biggest accounting firms in the world, had people involved with Enron indicted and it brought down the whole Anderson firm (20,000+ employees) at least as far as their activities in the US I think. Enron is bankrupt and virtually destroyed in comparison to what it was. Enron has become symbolic of widespread wholesale corruption and deceit.
Closed Thread