Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Lakers and Bulls discussing Kobe trade daily

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is the reason why most teams are losers. The fans are stupid and then you end up like the Knicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? THIS is why so many teams are losers? Because the fans are stupid?

Regarding Thabo, I think he has the potential to be the next Juan Dixon for sure(lol because nobody will know how to interpret that coming from me).

102,851 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]
Assani,
This could be your best post ever imo.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they usually use things like "# of times teammate has thrown him under bus"

[/ QUOTE ]

But the guy who threw Kobe under the bus the most, Shaq, came out and defended him eventually and placed the majority of the blame on management.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is the reason why most teams are losers. The fans are stupid and then you end up like the Knicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? THIS is why so many teams are losers? Because the fans are stupid?

Regarding Thabo, I think he has the potential to be the next Juan Dixon for sure(lol because nobody will know how to interpret that coming from me).

102,851 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]
Assani,
This could be your best post ever imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

102,851 is your favorite number too??!!

102,799 and counting
Old 10-31-2007, 11:51 PM

I think floyd and Vyse were separated at birth and through the miracle of the 2+2 forums they are finally reunited.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And regarding a trade, I'd be willing to move some of these guys for a big man, but not a 2 guard. They are a dime a dozen. Elton, KG, Marion, yes. Kobe not so much. I used to agree with you guys that he's the best player out there and we need a superstar to win. Now seeing his behavior, you see how little I value him. I was willing to trade anyone on the roster for KG and still am. Bulls homer I am not.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOLOLOL....trading for Marion would be just about the worst thing the Bulls could do. First off, him and Deng are too similar. Secondly, they already have enough great all around players who struggle to create their own shot. They need someone who can score and who can get to the foul line and cause problems driving the ball or posting up.

102,850 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow are you serious? Yet another guy that can't see the forest. I agree we don't have guys that create their own shot RIGHT NOW. Deng is 22 bro. You think he'll never be able to create? LOL. I would take Marion, Elton or KG way before Kobe. Sorry. Oh and regarding Thabo, I don't see him as a future 2 but rather a 1. I like big point guards like Magic or Livingston. Thabo defensively would own any point guard in the league. His passing skills are very solid, even though you guys who have never seen him play would probably balk at that. His offense is not all the way there yet but who cares, that's not his job at the point.

Back to the trade. You guys think Kobe would be a better fit than KG, Elton, Marion or Gasol? Man I'd love to be in a real or fantasy league with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Floyd,

I love Deng as a player. Just look at this comparison:

1st year in league(Kobe on left/Deng on right)
Minutes: 15:30/27:18
PPG: 7.6/11.7
APG: 1.3/2.2
Rebounds: 1.9/5.3
FG%: 41.7/43.4
FT%: 81.9/74.1
Steals: 0.7/0.8
Blocks: 0.3/0.4
TOs: 1.6/1.9

2nd year in league(Kobe on left/Deng on right)
Minutes: 26:00/33:23
Assists: 2.5/1.9
Rebounds3.1/6.6
FG%:42.8/46.3
FT%: 79.4/75.0
Steals: 0.9/0.9
Blocks: 0.5/0.6
TOs: 2.0/1.4

3rd year in league(Kobe on left/Deng on right)
Minutes: 37:53/37:30
Assists: 3.8/2.5
Rebounds: 5.3/7.1
FG%: 46.5/51.7
FT%: 83.9/77.7
Steals: 1.4/1.2
Blocks: 1.0/0.6
TOs: 3.1/1.9

However, you're overrating nearly every other Bulls player. Moreover, you're ignoring the fact that its best to have a wider age range. While their youth is good for trade purposes, its not good for winning purposes. All of these guys are eventually going to want to get paid. Some like Gordon are going to want to be overpaid.

You have a chance to get one of the top 3 players in the league. He fits your needs perfectly because he can create his own shot. And he doesn't hurt you on D at all(he actually makes your awesome defensive team even better).

Unless you make a move for a guy like Kobe, you're going to continually be in this good but not great stage. You'll be forced to lose some players(Artest, Brand, Chandler, Curry) anyway, so you might as well just get trade value for them and make a legit run at a title for 5+ years.

102,766 and counting
Old 11-01-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But the guy who threw Kobe under the bus the most, Shaq, came out and defended him eventually and placed the majority of the blame on management.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say Chucky Atkins threw Kobe under harder than Shaq.

Really hard, in fact.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say Chucky Atkins threw Kobe under harder than Shaq.

Really hard, in fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

By saying "I ain't no Gm. Ask Kobe, hes the GM. It's his team. Go ask him."? I don't think that compares to the things Shaq said about him. Especially when you consider than Atkins is pretty known for bitching about the teams he is playing for if he isn't getting the amount of playing time he thinks he deserves.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

However, you're overrating nearly every other Bulls player. Moreover, you're ignoring the fact that its best to have a wider age range. While their youth is good for trade purposes, its not good for winning purposes. All of these guys are eventually going to want to get paid. Some like Gordon are going to want to be overpaid.

You have a chance to get one of the top 3 players in the league. He fits your needs perfectly because he can create his own shot. And he doesn't hurt you on D at all(he actually makes your awesome defensive team even better).

Unless you make a move for a guy like Kobe, you're going to continually be in this good but not great stage. You'll be forced to lose some players(Artest, Brand, Chandler, Curry) anyway, so you might as well just get trade value for them and make a legit run at a title for 5+ years.

102,766 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to agree 100% with this. Clearly we cannot pay everybody, and no way in hell am I giving Gordon 60m+. So I thought when we signed Wallace and then a large expiring contract (P.J. Brown), Pax was gonna go get KG. Somehow that didn't happen and here we are.

Now I don't doubt Kobe's skills, but his drama queen bs really drags down team morale. That is the antithesis of what we're trying to do here. If Kobe dominated the ball Skiles would not be able to handle it. Trust me, Skiles is hardcore. I think we'd need to bring Phil along in the trade, which I'd be all for actually. Additionally, Kobe would also have the Jordan issue to deal with. No one in this town will ever allow Kobe to reach MJ. I hope Kobe realizes this.

The KG deal just seemed much cleaner. KG, Wallace and Deng up front would have been money in the paint. Nothing we can do about that now. I still have interest in Gasol, Brand, and Marion so hopefully Pax can get something done.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:14 AM

3 way deal falls through according to Ric Bucher on ESPN right now
Old 11-01-2007, 01:46 AM

lol @ chicago homers