Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: X-Post from NVG: WCOOP ME champion is play2kill (Multi-Accounting)

[ QUOTE ]
What I don't understand is why you would burn the money, when you could pay the bum to fight another bum, and sell the video.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first rule of fight club is, you do not talk about fight club...
Old 10-03-2007, 10:51 AM

How about, for all intents and purposes of this thread, we will say that the bum was a multiaccounter on partypoker that couldn't beat the games post IEGEA.

That make everyone happy?
Old 10-03-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what you guys are failing to realize, is that these guys are playing multiple accounts, busting out of multiple tournaments, losing multiple coinflips- fk, they can even bubble the same final table!

who wants that kind of misery? not me.

i say, if they can withstand the pain, put a dozen accounts in the tournaments bc i will read all of their souls.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many accounts in say a 1K person tournament would one have to buy-in for to make the MTT -EV? I mean, certainly adding 1 account or 2 increases the EV of a good player. And obviously having 999 accounts in a 1K person tourney is -EV. Any idea on what the optimal number of accounts is to maximize EV?

Probably easier to think about with a 10 person tournament.

Anyhow, I do think AEJones makes a decent point here. However, if someone gains an EV edge, that means someone else is losing it. Mabye AEJones is so good that when another gains an EV edge, they can't gain it from him, but they do gain it from someone, and I am assuming there are at least a few players in here from whom that EV edge is being taken.

Sherman
Old 10-03-2007, 11:18 AM

aejones point is retarded obviously, and adds nothing to this.

This thread is not about waht edge you gain from multi accounting, it is not about the ehtics of it, nor should it be about the lifestyle of the rich and famous multi accounters. This should be about dealing w/ the issue as is, and especially in the case of the winner of the wcoop ME.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
aejones point is retarded obviously, and adds nothing to this.

This thread is not about waht edge you gain from multi accounting, it is not about the ehtics of it, nor should it be about the lifestyle of the rich and famous multi accounters. This should be about dealing w/ the issue as is, and especially in the case of the winner of the wcoop ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on, Ansky! All the other issues have been discussed an infinite number of times. Focus on how to deal with this matter.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:56 AM

Ansky right. I don't give a [censored] what you think about the ethics are I want to burn play2kill at the stake
Old 10-03-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ansky right. I don't give a [censored] what you think about the ethics are I want to burn play2kill at the stake

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarcasm I assume.

The reason we don't need to talk of the ethics, is not because the ethics are unimportant, it's because it's discussed over and over and over again, and it is clearly wrong. We don't need to go over it again, multi accounting is bad, it's cheating, it's scummy, bla bla bla bla.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:08 PM

I'm just bitter I lose 20k on this damn tournament...
Old 10-03-2007, 12:43 PM

no I agree with you I'm tired of these threads turning into arguments over ethics I'd rather stick to the topic of play2kill winning the main event on his sisters account
Old 10-03-2007, 01:06 PM

wow, im mildly shocked by the apologists. i guess because im not involved in the mtt community at all and i dont understand everything but, jeez.

cheating is cheating. its not some gray area or something that just happens. its stupid to argue about and its stupid to pass moral judgment from on high like it matters.

but we do need to continue to condemn such behavior and help (or even push along) the sites to fight this as much as possible.

cheating [censored] sucks. it compromises a game, that as much as we all love to hate, we essentially really love. it provides many of us a great lifestyle and a lot of enjoyment. it sucks to see the selfish actions of some [censored] with the integrity of the games like we dont have enough going against us already.

stop passing moral judgments and more importantly stop making excuses for cheating. all it does is hinder the long term goal of having honest games.

oh, and stop cheating dickfaces.