Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: An Amazing Life

Brad, you are way out of your league here, and all your posts only cause further detriment to any good intentions you may have originally had. as a christian, all i can do is look at your posts and shake my head. christianity today is in a sorry state, and you are only perpetuating that problem.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nonbeliever's have been trying for 2000+ years to find the body of Christ without much luck. That ought to tell you something!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, to be honest, I haven't. Not even for 10 years.
But, I'm not sure how not finding X is proof that X existed. Yes, I'm aware of ascension, but the point is not finding a body of Thor doesn't mean he existed ... does it?

Not following this 'thinking' at all, so I guess it exists.

luckyme
Old 09-21-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How many times have I said FAITH in Jesus Christ??

Faith is not a good enough answer for you is it tpir?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Brad1970 has faith that X is true" may be a good enough answer for you, but it isn't for most people. Can you blame us for not finding *your* faith to be a sufficient answer to the questions that the rest of us have about your religion?

You think we're just being obstinate and don't want to believe in your God. In reality, we're just trying to figure out if there's a rational reason *to* believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were raised Roman Catholic & were taught by the Jesuit priests weren't you? If you were paying attention during the mass & they were teaching you correctly from the Word of God, then there shouldn't be much for you to figure out.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you tell me this...Where is Mohammed buried? How 'bout Buddha (any of them will be sufficient)? Anybody know????

Now where is Jesus buried???

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I have no idea where any of those people are buried. What is your point?

Also, are you going to keep ignoring my other questions/points? I asked you some serious ones that I spent time coming up with. I keep checking back to see if you have answered but I will stop if you are never going to.

Saying you won't answer them because you think I am acting is both weak and based on something which isn't true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping you'd ask me what my point was!!!! Yippee!!! Yippee!!!

The point is that you can go visit their gravesites. You can see it. You can touch it. It's real. They are nothing more than physical, rotting corpse in a grave. Just like you & I will be someday.

When was the last time that you have ever seen a Christian go to Jesus's grave?? Do we have annual pilgrimmages to the tomb of our savior?? I can promise you he's not in a grave somewhere.

Nonbeliever's have been trying for 2000+ years to find the body of Christ without much luck. That ought to tell you something!

Do you ask your Christian friends & family these same questions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? This is convincing to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep
Old 09-21-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are way out of your element here.

[/ QUOTE ]

FORGET IT, DONNY, YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT!
Old 09-21-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brad, you are way out of your league here, and all your posts only cause further detriment to any good intentions you may have originally had. as a christian, all i can do is look at your posts and shake my head. christianity today is in a sorry state, and you are only perpetuating that problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, fine. You answer the questions.

I sticking up for what I believe in.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It tells us that you're not very good at reasoning.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not anti-theist huh? You said it so there must be some element of truth to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
What? This doesn't make a lick of sense. It was an inside joke that you have no context of. You are way out of your element here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to change the subject are you?

[ QUOTE ]
The point is that you can go visit their gravesites. You can see it. You can touch it. It's real. They are nothing more than physical, rotting corpse in a grave. Just like you & I will be someday.

When was the last time that you have ever seen a Christian go to Jesus's grave?? Do we have annual pilgrimmages to the tomb of our savior?? I can promise you he's not in a grave somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
We can't go to Amelia Earhart's grave either though. Does that mean her plane got raptured into heaven? This is a serious question even though you will probably write it off as an attempt to be rude. Do you see what I am getting at?

[ QUOTE ]
I can promise you he's not in a grave somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
So tell me what reasons you have to be so confident!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They have? How would they be able to tell if they found it anyway? Seems like a silly endeavor.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you ask your Christian friends & family these same questions?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes! With the exception of my older aunts/uncles/grandparents who would not be receptive to discussing religion at all. They are such hardcore Catholics that they would jump off of a cliff if the Pope told them to.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, fine. You answer the questions.

I sticking up for what I believe in.

[/ QUOTE ]

in a philosophy forum, the questions center on 'why'.
'what' can be posted on billboards.

luckyme