View Poll Results: Which would win?
A duck the size of a horse 36 56.25%
100 duck sized horses 28 43.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: POG Championship - POG Mayor Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ut really rather than this fps strawman you're trying to build, all you can offer is 'we'll be nice to each other'. That's fine, but it's not going to help anyone win the game. That's my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it absolutely will help someone win the game. It's really hard to win if you don't make the final 8. I'm not saying "we'll be nice to each other". I'm saying "let's make an alliance, and work together". It's not about being nice. It's about winning the game. Anybody that pays any attention to games of politics knows it's about forming an alliance. The better your alliance partners are, and the more loyal they are, they better your position in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

the analogy is flawed, in politics if youre friend with the president u get to be the minister of education or something, in this game u just get to be a loser who got backstabbed by zurvan.

edit: added a coma.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dustin - I'm wondering why you think alliances aren't part of the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that they are a part of the game.

But I don't like the way you guys went about forming yours, and it really is wrong to start writing people off before they've even posted.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What if the 8th person to join the alliance plays a brilliant game? You're going to vote against them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice try to appeal to emotion, yes Im going to vote agaisnt them even if they play " a brilliant game" and everyone else who didnt make it to the G-8 should as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this %100 percent.

The losing players have to be able to present some sort of disincentive for the person who votes to put the nail in their coffins.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dustin - I'm wondering why you think alliances aren't part of the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that they are a part of the game.

But I don't like the way you guys went about forming yours, and it really is wrong to start writing people off before they've even posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I only wrote off 2 people. Luckay based on my personal experiences with him in Survivor, and val because I have an idea how he thinks.

Fair or not, those aren't people I trust in my alliance, because I can't trust them not to splinter off early.

Our alliance is a pertty simple creature, and we're pretty open about who can join. In fact, besides the two mentioned, I think everyone is welcome.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

first off, I don't have a faction.

2nd, to suggest I would backstab anybody is nuts. What I said is that we should elimiate all of the people trying to form an alliance, and then play the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

o really

this wasnt you?
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think Zurvan should be eliminated today.

I think it sends the wrong message. I like the fact that Zurvan has stuck has neck out by forming his alliance. Whoever is elected mayor should take out one of his supporters first.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-10-2007, 02:45 PM

ah i misunderstood you dustin

i thought you meant whoever is elected mayor should take out one of his own supporters, but now i see you meant one of zurvans supporters

sorry
Old 09-10-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, besides the two mentioned, I think everyone is welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but you get to 8 before Alex or Nich or whoever post, then they're out without even having a chance to join.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Val - this is absolutely against the spirit of the game, and is 100% what I was referring to when I said spite vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it against the " spirit" of the game? Where does it say so in the rules? Why do YOU get to decide whats the "spirit" of the game?

[ QUOTE ]
Your jury vote - once you're out of the game - is being based on spite, not on the criteria it's supposed to be based on - who played the best game, and deserves to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Youre arbitrarily choosing a criteria, but Ok Ill accept ure lame premise that " the guy who played the best game sgiuld win" if they join on ure alliance last knowing that evil FPS backstabbers are threating u with an evil and malicious spite vote on the end , then they dont really deserve to win do they?
Old 09-10-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In fact, besides the two mentioned, I think everyone is welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but you get to 8 before Alex or Nich or whoever post, then they're out without even having a chance to join.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that sucks for them... but what's the alternative? Say "this is my alliance of 8, whether they want to be or not?"

Wait until they post? What if they don't post until tomorrow? Like it or not, there's security in numbers, and I want to build my numbers early.

I don't know what you think I should have done, but your "i refuse to vote for the 8th player to join the alliance" is kinda sleezy, and very predicated on what order people arrive in the thread as well.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:49 PM

spite votes are allowed on the jury. look at survivor. So i agree with val that he can vote however he wants in the end