Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which has been JaBlue's most embarrassing OP to date?
The one where he almost throws a jar of piss at a car 1 2.17%
The one where he can't be bothered to go to a funeral even though it means a lot to his dad 28 60.87%
The one where he wants to let snakes loose in a theater 2 4.35%
The one where he tells his grandmother to go [censored] herself 13 28.26%
Other (please specify) 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 04:23 AM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD***

way down for that, i love denver. great weather.

also im just messing with you, im assuming u never saw the old chuddo thread where all it would take is one girls pic being posted and then her myspace got attacked by random 2p2ers.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:23 AM

I guess I am pretty fortunate that my gf has always been cool with me playing poker. Having plenty of spare money to take her out probably didnt hurt my cause at first but fairly early in the relationship I explained the whole deal to her and she didnt have any problems.

Ive had to stop telling her things like 'I had a $1k downswing today' though because she would always say something like 'wow that could have paid for a holiday'. Yeah... thanks for that.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I am pretty fortunate that my gf has always been cool with me playing poker. Having plenty of spare money to take her out probably didnt hurt my cause at first but fairly early in the relationship I explained the whole deal to her and she didnt have any problems.

Ive had to stop telling her things like 'I had a $1k downswing today' though because she would always say something like 'wow that could have paid for a holiday'. Yeah... thanks for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like my girlfriend - it's nice that they support us.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:26 AM

Haha, I live 2 mins from Stanford.

The Bay Area is pretty much the metropolitan areas surrounding SF, Oakland, and San Jose, as well as the North Bay (Marin, southern Sonoma/Napa).
Old 09-02-2007, 04:28 AM

Sick. Well, it all depends on the current girlfriend situation. She wants to apply at Stanford because they have a bitchin' medical program or something.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
way down for that, i love denver. great weather.

also im just messing with you, im assuming u never saw the old chuddo thread where all it would take is one girls pic being posted and then her myspace got attacked by random 2p2ers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I've seen and been involved in some good trainwrecks so I take precautions these days.

To all of SSNL, if any of you guys are ever in Denver definitely pm me. Especially if anyone's taking a ski trip this winter, I'll show you the best/hidden skiing there is.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The Bay Area is pretty much the metropolitan areas surrounding SF, Oakland, and San Jose, as well as the North Bay (Marin, southern Sonoma/Napa).

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually have seen the stanford campus and it was very... brown. it was for my sister visiting campuses while on a trip to SF. decent campus, but nowhere near the bay. you know. brown. and stuff. no grass.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually have seen the stanford campus and it was very... brown. it was for my sister visiting campuses while on a trip to SF. decent campus, but nowhere near the bay. you know. brown. and stuff. no grass.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only advice I will give with regards to the bay area, is get ready for some ridiculous traffic/cost of living. Pretty amazing city to be around, but be prepared to pay for it.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:48 AM

Clayton, may I suggest lying to them?

That sounds bad, but seriously... Tell them you're an investment banker or a day trader or something like that. If you feel like women get hung up on the fact that you're a poker player than this will solve the problem until you can get a feel if they're good enough for you. If they are, and can accept your profession, then tell them the truth. If not, hit that [censored] before they find out, then wake them up with 12 Tables of 'DING DING CHIPCHIP SSHHHHiiiip it!'
Old 09-02-2007, 04:49 AM

lol east coast noob. "Bay Area" doesn't mean "right next to the bay", it's just the metropolitan area yo.

Although, fwiw, my office complex is right next to the bay, and I live like 2 miles from it, although it's not like there's beaches on the bay so the water isn't a big deal.
Closed Thread