Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Beat: My Life

Dude try to get some help before making this decision. I barely know anything about you outside of some posts on this forum, so I can't really make any comments on your life.

I can say that trying to get help is always the best option. We get no continues or additional quarters in this game.

http://www.thebridgerecoverycenter.com
http://suicidehotlines.com/
http://www.soultenders.com/depression.html

Give something a shot.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone knows, if you tell people you are going to kill yourself you aren't. This was a cry for attention, albeit a weird one. Good luck I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban this asshat. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? My post wasn't an attempt to be mean, and if it was I apologize. I just have a different stance on suicide and know many people who have used it for attention. Not saying lurker did, but I think he wanted people to reach out to him more then anything, not kill himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

so your sample size is what, 2 maybe 3?
Old 08-31-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone knows, if you tell people you are going to kill yourself you aren't. This was a cry for attention, albeit a weird one. Good luck I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban this asshat. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? My post wasn't an attempt to be mean, and if it was I apologize. I just have a different stance on suicide and know many people who have used it for attention. Not saying lurker did, but I think he wanted people to reach out to him more then anything, not kill himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

so your sample size is what, 2 maybe 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Around there, personally, yes. But its common knowledge that most people who tell others they're going to kill themselves generally don't want to. Any intro psych student knows that much. Sure, there are a few rare occasions. I don't respect people that talk about suicide or go through with it. It's the most selfish act one can do. Just my thoughts on it.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:30 AM

guys don't derail the thread, drop it plz...
Old 08-31-2007, 11:31 AM

Seriously, your life hasn't even started yet. Anything you're going thru now is temporary. Both of my grandfathers and my stepfather killed themselves. I didn't even get to know my grandfathers. My stepdad found out he had a heart abnormality that killed his father so he decided to take matters into his own hands. He was a great person, the man who raised me really and I miss him alot. You are 19. You haven't even begun, don't do something stupid. Get some help.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Around there, personally, yes. But its common knowledge that most people who tell others they're going to kill themselves generally don't want to. Any intro psych student knows that much. Sure, there are a few rare occasions. I don't respect people that talk about suicide or go through with it. It's the most selfish act one can do. Just my thoughts on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in grad school for social psych and have taught several psychology courses, and I've never heard that. You're right that it is common knowledge though - just not necessarily true. Google "talking about suicide" (or actually look in a psychology or mental health textbook) and you'll see that it's a common MYTH that people who talk about suicide won't really do it.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
guys don't derail the thread, drop it plz...

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. consider it dropped.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:38 AM

Mat, if you talk to him again, or anyone else does, set a time to call back and try to get him to promise not to do anything to himself at least until then.

I worked on a crisis hotline in college and this is a technique we were taught- it worked sometimes.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:40 AM

i gotta say i agree with the general consensus here, you're only 19 and there's so much to life that u haven't experienced, i truly believe eventually you'll find something that'll make u happy.

besides, you still haven't been to the bay area (ldo the biggest mistake of your life)

take care of yourself bro, i wish you nothing but the best

-ramin
Old 08-31-2007, 11:43 AM

gl lurk idk you at all but hope things work out.