Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rank Carolina?
3rd 3 8.57%
4th 3 8.57%
5th 8 22.86%
6th 9 25.71%
7th 7 20.00%
8th 2 5.71%
9th 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: HIgh Stakes Poker 4 thread (8/27)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you think this hand is bad you are in for a real treat later on! I play much worse later on. As an aside how are you so certain it was a blocking bet.

The Jaguar story very quickly goes like this;

We were renting a car at Hertz and the guy kept on trying to sell me the Damage waiver, I declined stating that my CC covered it, he went on and about how he was the manager of the Hertz and it wouldn't cover this particular car because it was a luxury car. I said okay thats fine, I still don't want the damage waiver.

He basically wasn't taking no for an answer telling us what a smart move it was getting the damage waiver blah blah blah, it must have went on for like 15 mins I had had enough I looked over at the other rental agencies and they all had a line so I resigned myself to getting the damage waiver and getting out of the airport.

The day I was returning the car I saw the manager dude outside in the lot and for whatever reason I decided to scrape the entire side of the car along a stone pillar while waving hello. I realize that the damage didn't didn't come out of his pocket, but I just couldn't resist. As I exited the car and signed the return receipt I told him that he was right the Damage waiver was the nuts and I was glad he talked me into it.

I can't rent from hertz anymore.

Haralabos

[/ QUOTE ]

you're an idiot.

and aren't you the guy you thought it would be funny to tear into a poor waitress by attacking and making fun of her body parts?

real classy guy. in truth, you look like the prototypical dork

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU and go back to the rental desk!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is Antonio's account, I am hoping to get Phil to update today on the Brunson hand. Phil literally has the oddest sleeping schedule ever.

Quads is about the easiest hand ever to play but give Brian credit, the 10 minute wait earned him 50k.

"Going into the hand I raised 2100 obviously hoping to pick up the pot right there, but in poker there usually is a snag one way or the other and the plan had to change. Brian raised me 10k so it was discussion time; what did he have and could I out play him post flop or should I just lay it down? At the time I figured maybe mid pair, ak, or aq so I reraise 27k to eliminate these possibilities. He just calls so the thought process continues. Now I think he has AA because any mid pair or AK or aq he mucks and KK I feel he would push. The flop comes K K 4. I pretty much ruled out most hands, I was sure I was dealing with AA so he checks and I lead out with 30k just under half the pot. He thought about the hand for at least 10 minutes before calling (they sped up his discussion in editing) so now I really feel he has AA and he has too much invested not to see if he can hit on the turn. The turn comes a 10, he checks, and now I fire 50k thinking he cannot call with AA any longer. He raises me 50k and I think for a minute. I figure out he only has 30k left and there is nothing else I could do to win the hand so I muck. Seven deuce is a crazy game. You must have balls of steel to play it and you cannot run into the stone cold nuts with it if you have to continue a post flop attack.

Just to tell how sick this seven deuce game is, I was at the Bellagio about two weeks later playing seven deuce again and I run in to quad kings. How sick is that?? I did not loose nearly as much on the hand but really…what are the odds on that?

Next weeks episode there is no more seven deuce hands for me on the show but there is anther 300k still to be bluffed off by other players. It should make for good TV.

PUBLISH BY Antonio Salorio,"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLZ
Old 08-28-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When he bet the turn, I was fairly certain that he wasn't on a draw. I thought about check calling the river.

I had never played with the guy before, but just going off of the hour or so we had interacted together. I felt like he was the type of player that would be very likely to do what I call the machismo raise on the river.

I based this mainly on the tight shirt [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I can't tell ya how often I have won very large pots with 1 pair hands by doing what I guess you guys refer to as making a blocking bet. I usually forget the part where you are supposed to fold on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how you would be able to check call the river since what would he be betting with based on that board (at worst 2p on the river)? Check raise OK but your betting out was the only realistic play. It was more of a blocking\value bet.

When the Th came out on the river did you regret not having re-popped the turn?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
am I the only one to find Brunson's angle shoot actually funny? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I found it especially funny considering Phil Laak aka Mr. Angle Shoot himself was in the pot. F him. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2007, 02:41 PM

VNH. A+
Old 08-28-2007, 02:45 PM
 is offline

lolz, nice job SIyou
Old 08-28-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO
Old 08-28-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He thought about the hand for at least 10 minutes before calling (they sped up his discussion in editing)

[/ QUOTE ]

^"At least?" Right. Does "at least" now mean "not even close to, maybe a quarter of the amount I'm about to say" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you there?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That Brian Brandon guy seems like a tool.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. It's sad that he's going to get more recognition from this show for being an ass than he would otherwise. The way TV poker is done it simply pays to be a douche, just look at which players end up getting TV time and sponsorships coming out of the WSOP.

* For those complaining about the commercials, I just watched a TV-Rip, it's 42:45 long w/o commercials, which is standard for a 1 hour broadcast. There may have been a lot of commercial breaks, but not more commercials than usual.

* The two KK v 72 hands were awesome.

* I didn't like the KK river bet by Harabalos.

* Maybe I'm results oriented, but I think Brunson had really a pretty easy lay down with AJ vs Hellmuth on the river.

* Very surprised when Gabe said that Vegas cash games don't consider the forward motion as binding.

Very good ep, happy it's back.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is Antonio's account, I am hoping to get Phil to update today on the Brunson hand. Phil literally has the oddest sleeping schedule ever.

Quads is about the easiest hand ever to play but give Brian credit, the 10 minute wait earned him 50k.

"Going into the hand I raised 2100 obviously hoping to pick up the pot right there, but in poker there usually is a snag one way or the other and the plan had to change. Brian raised me 10k so it was discussion time; what did he have and could I out play him post flop or should I just lay it down? At the time I figured maybe mid pair, ak, or aq so I reraise 27k to eliminate these possibilities. He just calls so the thought process continues. Now I think he has AA because any mid pair or AK or aq he mucks and KK I feel he would push. The flop comes K K 4. I pretty much ruled out most hands, I was sure I was dealing with AA so he checks and I lead out with 30k just under half the pot. He thought about the hand for at least 10 minutes before calling (they sped up his discussion in editing) so now I really feel he has AA and he has too much invested not to see if he can hit on the turn. The turn comes a 10, he checks, and now I fire 50k thinking he cannot call with AA any longer. He raises me 50k and I think for a minute. I figure out he only has 30k left and there is nothing else I could do to win the hand so I muck. Seven deuce is a crazy game. You must have balls of steel to play it and you cannot run into the stone cold nuts with it if you have to continue a post flop attack.

Just to tell how sick this seven deuce game is, I was at the Bellagio about two weeks later playing seven deuce again and I run in to quad kings. How sick is that?? I did not loose nearly as much on the hand but really…what are the odds on that?

Next weeks episode there is no more seven deuce hands for me on the show but there is anther 300k still to be bluffed off by other players. It should make for good TV.

PUBLISH BY Antonio Salorio,"

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol at Salorio. What was his reasoning call with A8 against esfandiari? Putting him on complete air? B/c that's all he could beat. How about the K8s? Calling a raise PF and then floating on the flop, folding the turn? What was he gonna do with that mighty K8s?

The guy is a fish. I mean look at his sunglasses.