Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Horrible loss for so many reason...

[ QUOTE ]
Jet fans,

I think reality bit us in the fannie yesterday.

The team looked horrible. I predicted in an earlier thread that the Jets would finish between 7-9 and 9-7.

I don't even think the Jets will finish 7-9 after that debacle yesterday.

The Jets fans who booed when Pennington went down affirmed why the rest of the league consider Jets fans "white trash".

"Mangenius" looked like "Manidiot" yesterday, the team got outworked.

I waited to get a nights sleep before posting, however I think this season will turn out a disaster.

Does anyone think Clemens steps in this weekend?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't think Clemens steps in unless Pennington is a no go. I don't think he takes over unless the Jets start on a serious losing streak, although the job should be his within the next 2 years.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea, the cheering when the injury went down was [censored] [censored] and annoyed me so much...i couldn't tell how many people cheered, but what [censored] idiots, and they're prolly the same people who go off on philly fans too, awful

[/ QUOTE ]

Disgusting. Jets fans suck.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yea, the cheering when the injury went down was [censored] [censored] and annoyed me so much...i couldn't tell how many people cheered, but what [censored] idiots, and they're prolly the same people who go off on philly fans too, awful

[/ QUOTE ]

Disgusting. Jets fans suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
It makes me want to root for another team, maybe I will just pick up an NFC team.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:55 PM

So they really did cheer that he was hurt? It wasn't one of those courtesy cheers, like, yay he got up?
Old 09-10-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So they really did cheer that he was hurt? It wasn't one of those courtesy cheers, like, yay he got up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they cheered when he was hurt, and cheered as loud when Clemens got in the game.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:49 PM

I was at the game yesterday (Note: Did NOT cheer when penny went down, DID cheer when he came back in) and it was pretty pathetic with the cheers. I was shocked when I heard comments around me such as 'Good, the [censored] won't be able to do [censored]' 'Clemens is so good, might as well keep him in, we'll have a chance'. Now, when I heard the comments of Penny playing bad, he was something like 12-15 with a hundred and change yards, with one touchdown. Yeah, its not amazing Peyton/Brees/Palmer/Brady stats, but he's only had 3 missed passes. Thats Pennington style. Minus a couple of innaccurate passes, he looked good for as bad as the o-line was.

BTW- when are we allowed to call brick a bust? he looked terrible yesterday. Also, it would not shock me for Revis to be a top5 CB within 5 years. This kid is GOOD
Old 09-10-2007, 09:25 PM

ya seriosuly wtf pennington played really well yesterday
[ QUOTE ]

it would not shock me for Revis to be a top5 CB within 5 years. This kid is GOOD

[/ QUOTE ]
i watched the whole game yesterday and i think i saw revis once the entire game, i guess thats a good thing?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ya seriosuly wtf pennington played really well yesterday
[ QUOTE ]

it would not shock me for Revis to be a top5 CB within 5 years. This kid is GOOD

[/ QUOTE ]
i watched the whole game yesterday and i think i saw revis once the entire game, i guess thats a good thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not understanding what you're saying exactly. I'm taking it as you are saying it's good because his recievers were not open, which was exactly the case. I spent time watching him (I tend to do that at games, watch young players/the line instead of following the ball lol) and he really was covering well. He can tackle real well, which is something CBs are not the greatest at. He seemed to have a solid football knowledge also, which is great. He is fast, strong, etc. I just wish we could get a solid NT in to stop the run, then the defense could be solid.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:26 PM

i've said it a few times, can the run D's problems really be traced back to robertson primarily?? i know the nose is vital in a 3-4 against the run, but short of finding the next norfolk, how do we get that great player at that spot if robertson is indeed worse than i thought...it seems u guys are harsh against him...
Old 09-10-2007, 11:20 PM

i <3 pennington, [censored] anyone who gets down on him. the dude gives it his all, sucks he gets hurt often. i hope that pseudo-injury is not that bad.

and i thought he played real well before the injury.

jets d looked so bad :/. its easy for brady to have such a huge day when he has 10+ seconds to make each pass. bleh.