Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Dumbest cashier ever? (TR kinda-sorta)

that was like the least funny youtube clip ever.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that was like the least funny youtube clip ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I turned it off like 20 seconds into it.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10 years ago the KFC in my town would charge extra for the drink when you ordered a meal. This is from fuzzy memory and paraphrased totally, but pretty close to an experience I had

Me: I'd like like a #3 with a biscuit and mashed potatoes and pepsi.
Cashier: (on the mic to the back) #3. (grabs empty soda cup from under counter) $8 please
Me: The sign says $5.99
Cashier: *sigs* The meal prices does not include a drink.
Me: Does the meal come with chicken?
Cashier: Yes...?
Me: Does the meal come with a biscuit and mashed potatos?
Cashier: Yes...?
Me: Then it comes with a drink too because that's what the picture right here shows, chicken, two sides, drink, $5.99.
Cashier: Our meals don't come with drinks, you have to get them seperate.
Me: Can I get a manager here please?
Manager: Sir, our meals don't come with a drink.
Me: What? I haven't even told you my problem yet. Does this come up a lot?
Manager: Your total is $8.
Me: Ok, how much is the chicken by itself?
Manager: (looks up at board) uhh, $3
Me: And two sides?
Manager: They're $.99 each
Me: Ok, great. $5, how much is a soda?
Manager: $2
Me: Ok, $3 for the chicken, $2 for the sides and $2 for the soda comes to $7. So give me that.
Manager: It's $8. When you order the chicken with two sides, it's our number 3 meal deal. It's $5.99 and the soda is $2.
Me: So when I order more stuff, I get charged an extra dollar for nothing?
Manager: *sigh* Those are our prices sir. $8 please.
Order comes up.
Me: Ok, I'll pay for the chicken first, then the sides, then the soda.
Manager: It's $8 sir.
Me: You're insane (turns around to leave and hears manager trowing food in trash)

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, that makes me want to boycott KFC.

Oh, but... booooowwwwls...bowwwwlssss
Old 07-11-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Manager: It's $8 sir.
Me: You're insane (turns around to leave and hears manager trowing food in trash)

[/ QUOTE ]

KFC consistently has the dumbest employees and provides the worst service of any fast food chain. This story doesn't surprise me one bit.

The KFCs in my city have been closing fairly regularly over the last 5 years or so. I'm sure part of the reason is the really unhealthy food, but I imagine their horrible service is playing a big part of it, too.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is I really don't think he was the manager.

He was just dressed in simple BK polo attire and had like prison tats on his arms/fingers.

In my experience the actual manager normally wears like a button down shirt, and slacks and normally doesn't look like he has committed at least one felony in his lifetime.

But yeah, way to not honor the price listed on the wall 2 feet behind the cash register!

WAY TO STICK IT TO THOSE DAMN PESKY CUSTOMERS!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

the world "gullible" is not in the dictionary. I bet the farm.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find that the average number of errors in my order from fast food is about equal to an average sit down restaurant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see this a possibly being true, unless you always order the "regular" thing at a fast food restaurant and always order a "substitution" at a real restaurant.

Regardless, if this is so then you should be upset with the real restaurants (where you can reasonably assume decent service) and not upset with fast food restaurants (where you cannot reasonably assume decent service).

Also, you should specify if your "average sit down restaurant" is a glorified fast food restaurant like the Olive Garden.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf else is "average sit down restaurant" supposed to mean?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
KFC consistently has the dumbest employees and provides the worst service of any fast food chain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Why is this?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
KFC consistently has the dumbest employees and provides the worst service of any fast food chain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Why is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked this same question to my sister-in-law, actually. She worked at KFC part-time while she was in high school. She agreed that the service at most KFCs is horrible, and that the employees were generally fairly dumb. Her best explanation for it was the fact that many KFCs hire primarily full-time employees, and very few part-timers.

When she worked at KFC, she was one of only a half-dozen part-timers on staff. The rest of the employees were full-time. Part-time high school students can be horrible employees, but there's at least the possibility that a few of them will have brains in the heads, respect for authority, and some ambition in life. With older full-time employees who have chosen a career at KFC, you're getting high-school drop-outs, former drug-addicts, ex-cons, and retards.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With older full-time employees who have chosen a career at KFC, you're getting high-school drop-outs, former drug-addicts, ex-cons, and retards.

[/ QUOTE ]
In high school, I worked at a Lee's Chicken in St. Louis that was just down the street from the Trends Motel. The Trends was the most hooker-infested, drug-addled motel west of the city. We'd regularly hire people living there on month-to-month rentals, and they were all absolutely worthless. More than once, we'd have various people from the Trends no call/no show for the two or three shifts immediately following their paychecks. They'd get paid and just go blow it all on meth or whatever and be dead to the world for a while. Most of these people were fired; the few that were reliable when broke just never got scheduled for shifts right after payday.

I also had a manager who seemed bright, but lived with his mother despite being in his late 30's or so. One day the cops came in and cuffed him. Turns out that when he closed, he'd tell the cashier they could take off early, then take the money from the safe and hit the boats. If he won, he'd replace it before the morning deposit. If not, he'd fudge the books as best he could. He pulled it off for like two months.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Screwing with the fast-food workers who probably don't give a crap about their job is seriously -EV in my opinion.
Unless you actually want to eat a snot or spit-burger.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. You have two choices when you don't like something that a fast-food employee does to you (provided that you have not already received your meal before complaining):

1) Leave
2) Complain to the manager and then leave.

Eating their food after complaining about their service is not an option. A good percentage of the time you will be lucky to be *only* getting bodily fluids included with your meal when they hand you your order. This applies no matter how much you are in the right and they are in the wrong. They will punish you regardless, just because they can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely ridiculous assertions. I worked in the food service industry for over 15 years and have never seen a guests' food defiled in such a way. I will totally admit to having a much better attitude towards customers with legit, politely discussed complaints than those complaints that border on the absurd from ogres, but regardless of the circumstances I have never seen piss, snot or any other foreign substances added to a meal because of a complaint. I am sure this type of thing has taken place before, but I am quite sure it is a rarity.