Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: ***Official Sopranos Next To Last Episode Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
Also (and I could be reading waaaay too much into this), did anyone find it somewhat strange that Tony went to the trouble of putting the steak recipe back in the "Departures" magazine before he left? The reason I ask is because I assume that the whole session with Melfi was to finally put an ending on Tony's therapy once and for all, after the therapist dinner and her own reading of the studies on sociopathic behavior. So if he is the sociopath that we believe him to be and if the studies about behavior conclude that the therapy is actually counterproductive, then why would Tony put the recipe back in its place instead of just leaving right then and there? If he is completely selfish, "playing" Melfi, etc. is this simply just his last "act"? Or can this be construed to be a symbol for his sincere remorse over not just the recipe, but for his other transgressions?

[/ QUOTE ]

you arent reading too much into it, but you are reading it wrong. That was basically just a big F U to melfi.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:16 PM

My buddy thinks that when Parisi calls to order Pizza, he was really calling NY to tell them the crew was at the Bing so they could follow everyone and make the hits. But I thought that was made after Bobby was killed?
Old 06-04-2007, 04:23 PM

I like what somebody said in another thread about the "Made in America" title of next week's episode possibly referring to AJ getting made. My prediction: AJ has to decide between being a crying little bitch, or a real Soprano man. He chooses the later and goes total badass eventually avenging his dad's death.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My buddy thinks that when Parisi calls to order Pizza, he was really calling NY to tell them the crew was at the Bing so they could follow everyone and make the hits. But I thought that was made after Bobby was killed?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he called at the end of the ep , when they were shacked up already,

and what the hell was up with the silvio cutout in the house tony and the crew were hiding out in?
Old 06-04-2007, 04:29 PM

Such a great episode. Whoever said it was like a horror movie was on point.

I was REALLY disappointed with the sil murder, it made him seem like a clown, because there's no way he should die like that. But then again, this whole episode exposed the NJ crew for the bumbling failures they actually are. Which in itself is depressing, because as messed up as they are, alot of us as viewers "look up" to them as powerful figures.

I cannot wait until next week. I have no idea what's going to happen, but I highly doubt that paulie is a traitor, and I highly doubt Tony flips.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:30 PM

Made in America is definitely a great episode title. With all the terrorism references this season (and last episode), I can't shake the feeling it's all connected. I'm just not sure how.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot wait until next season.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

Yeah - I found the whole way the NJ crew handled things rather depressing. The were like the Katzenjammer Krew. I know that Chase isn't a fan of wrapping things up, and he doesn't pander. But I'm really hoping for at least some redemption. If not for the characers themselves, than at least for the storyline that we've loved so much over the past six seasons. But I wouldn't be surprised if Chase gives a big FU to the fans.

What ever happened to junior? Any chance of him coming back to run the family, and being in on it with phill all along?
Old 06-04-2007, 04:35 PM

When Phil had that meeting the fat white guy who was semi hesitant to Phil's orders may just be reporting him to others.

Maybe Phil gets his with the consent of the other famileis where Tony can feel safe to come out of hiding.

What we all want to think (?) is Phil gets his and Tony makes it out clean. But Chase has never shown that can it possibly end where Tony gets killed and Phil gets stronger? I sure hope not.