Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 10:06 AM

Default Re: WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: June. (#10 of 10.)

One of the reasons that the Rake is counted as [Rake taken] / [Players in the hand] is that the players are to dumb to understand that the way you describe is the fairest and creates most action.(As seen in old 2+2 posts, where the players cried when it got suggested)
Another reason is that the site has skin's and it would be unfortunate if the rake got divided in such a way that a site who brings in losing players actually are getting less rake paid to them than a site bringing in tight 2+2 ers.

ToT
Old 06-16-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One of the reasons that the Rake is counted as [Rake taken] / [Players in the hand] is that the players are to dumb to understand that the way you describe is the fairest and creates most action.(As seen in old 2+2 posts, where the players cried when it got suggested)
ToT

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that the players are too dumb.

This is what WSEX says on their website.

Now, with 100% of the rake being rebated to your account every week, you’ll only have to worry about outfoxing the other players at your table, rather than having to beat the house as well.

I suspect that newbies and dropins figure out fairly quickly that this is not exactly true.

I am the stupidest person on earth, just ask some of the regular posters here, and I figured it out as soon as I looked into it.

It was not a numbers thing, I was just offended to find out that what I was lead to believe was not so. Clearly, some rakeback is better than no rakeback, but I just hated the thought of sharing with the grinder-bots.

Tuff [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2007, 02:41 PM

Hello,

I just started playing at WPEX, and I have some suggestions:

- Make the tournaments you have registered for distinguishable from the others in the lobby (another color).
- When I time out, and press "I'm back", I'm folded another hand before I actually can play. Please fix this.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am the stupidest person on earth, just ask some of the regular posters here, and I figured it out as soon as I looked into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah probably 20th percentile or so.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ToT

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that the players are too dumb.

This is what WSEX says on their website.

Now, with 100% of the rake being rebated to your account every week, you’ll only have to worry about outfoxing the other players at your table, rather than having to beat the house as well.

I suspect that newbies and dropins figure out fairly quickly that this is not exactly true.

I am the stupidest person on earth,

[/ QUOTE ]

You got that right.

[ QUOTE ]
just ask some of the regular posters here, and I figured it out as soon as I looked into it.

It was not a numbers thing, I was just offended to find out that what I was lead to believe was not so.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were not led to believe anything. WPEX clearly states that they compute rakeback according to the dealt method, which is the industry standard. Full Tilt, which is the largest rakeback room, uses the dealt method. PokerStars, in awarding VPP, uses this method, in the sense that everyone dealt into the hand receives the same number of VPP. But, of course, you know better than the management of Full Tilt and PokerStars.

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly, some rakeback is better than no rakeback, but I just hated the thought of sharing with the grinder-bots.

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly have some personality disorder which causes you to resent tight players, in other words, winning players. You are not sharing anything with them. They receive their rakeback in accordance with the industry standard for computing rakeback.

David Solomon
Old 06-16-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly, some rakeback is better than no rakeback, but I just hated the thought of sharing with the grinder-bots.

[/ QUOTE ]

You call 100% dealt RB "some" RB? Wow.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:46 PM

The argument that changing the rake structure would alter the 'liveliness' of the games is absurd. Many sites have changed their structure, and the style of play was not altered in the least by this (in either direction, tighter or looser.) I was playing on AP when they went from dealt to contributed. The only thing it did was make people mad. The tables didn't all of a sudden get fishier..as sweet as that would have been.

The real reason cardrooms switch from dealt to contributed is because they realize that most players with RB are tighter, and they can therefor pay out less $ to affiliates each month by switching. Again, this is in no way intentioned to change the style of play at the tables. This is a business decision for the purpose of profit.

But WPEX does not have this reason to change, as they give RB out to all players.

As for your whining about not getting all your rakeback.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-16-2007, 11:56 PM

I would like to clarify -

I am not having a go at WPEX. I was simply clearing up something which has alredy taken up too much space in this thread. Whichever, method they use if fine with me. I will still play there. But if they want to make playing at WPEX the same as playing at home (i.e. truley 'rake free') then they need to give the rake to the person who won the pot since, after all, it is their money. As soon as they win the pot all the money in it becomes the property of the winner.

You can argue about how much rake back different types of players get all you like. At the end of the day - at a 'rake free' site you should come out with the same amount of money as you would if there were never any such thing as rake. This is not what happens at WPEX and so they shouldn't call themselves a rake free site - even though they make no direct profit from people playing there.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The argument that changing the rake structure would alter the 'liveliness' of the games is absurd. Many sites have changed their structure, and the style of play was not altered in the least by this (in either direction, tighter or looser.) I was playing on AP when they went from dealt to contributed. The only thing it did was make people mad. The tables didn't all of a sudden get fishier..as sweet as that would have been.

The real reason cardrooms switch from dealt to contributed is because they realize that most players with RB are tighter, and they can therefor pay out less $ to affiliates each month by switching. Again, this is in no way intentioned to change the style of play at the tables. This is a business decision for the purpose of profit.

But WPEX does not have this reason to change, as they give RB out to all players.

As for your whining about not getting all your rakeback.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% dragon
Old 06-17-2007, 05:30 AM

Is there a way or could you please provide an option to make the cards that appear above you (Where your seated) larger.

I've just played on this site for the first time and it's the only site I think I've seen with tiny cards above you and larger ones below in a different window. It's taking some getting used to.
Closed Thread