Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: When considering hands for low purposes only (and with no qualifier on low) which is the better low
Player A with AA234 30 57.69%
Player B with KK234 22 42.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Dare I say it

[ QUOTE ]
All,

For those of you who really think this new split is such a no brainer, I can promise you this without any doubt.

If Jurollo, Badger, and I make a thread in the mod forum to talk about this, we are going to need to prove that we have a need for this forum.

Given the extremely low amount of high stakes posts in MTT right now, we are going to get shot down immediately.

So if you really think we need this forum, prove it. Make some posts. Let's see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a case can be made one way or the other quite easily. The fact is that when, for example, MLG or Ansky start a thread in MTTS, it gets over 400 views. In fact, in general, obviously high stakes post always get over 200 views whereas weeny buyin stuff get like 20 views and often no answers.

It wouldn't take much work to calculate how much traffic a HSMTT forum would get. You take a week long period, count the HS posts, see how much traffic they get as a % of the oevrall traffic and then make the case. Naturally, we'd expect this traffic to increase if there was a dedicated forum.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

For those of you who really think this new split is such a no brainer, I can promise you this without any doubt.

If Jurollo, Badger, and I make a thread in the mod forum to talk about this, we are going to need to prove that we have a need for this forum.

Given the extremely low amount of high stakes posts in MTT right now, we are going to get shot down immediately.

So if you really think we need this forum, prove it. Make some posts. Let's see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a case can be made one way or the other quite easily. The fact is that when, for example, MLG or Ansky start a thread in MTTS, it gets over 400 views. In fact, in general, obviously high stakes post always get over 200 views whereas weeny buyin stuff get like 20 views and often no answers.

It wouldn't take much work to calculate how much traffic a HSMTT forum would get. You take a week long period, count the HS posts, see how much traffic they get as a % of the oevrall traffic and then make the case. Naturally, we'd expect this traffic to increase if there was a dedicated forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really trying to help everyone out here, who wants this forum.

Quit saying "let's try it out.." blah blah blah. We have a forum now. POST IN IT. If we have a ton of HS posts, we will get a dedicated forum.

If you won't take the time to post in the forum we have now, then you aren't going to take the time to post in the new forum.

A bunch of the regulars that we want talking in this forum are in this thread. But also, when you make a HS post, get on AIM and link people. Get conversation started. Traffic = New Forum.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:13 AM

OK ZBT, this seems reasonable.

FWIW, I've just done a quick trawl though seven or eight pages of the MTTS forum and pretty much everything with over 300 views is HS. That's what gets the punters in. "If you build it, they will come".

That said, I think it's reasonable to ask anyone who would post in a HSMTT to post now if it is the case that the MTT mods have to persuade the powers that be to grant our wishes.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when i played ssnl and low stakes mtt i learned a ton from HSNL...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-11-2007, 06:33 AM

I haven't read many of the replies, but I would post more strat in a HSMTT forum. I don't post/reply much in the standard strat forum since I somewhat feel it's easier and faster to send a HH on instant messanger to more friends and quicker responses. If a HSMTT forum opened I'd post more hands/situations/opinons on strategy.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:44 AM

hoy [censored] jurollo you can/t be serious with your posts.

ZBT-you really think there will be a problem with this on the mod forum? what!? 2+2 is a poker strategy forum. Take a look at the type of forums that have been created lately... retarded off topic crap. MTT is in dire need of a split and you think it will get shot down due to traffic worries? No one wants to post hands in the current forum because it has really taken a step back lately. ugh this is very frusturating. just split the [censored] forum
Old 05-11-2007, 08:07 AM

Old 05-11-2007, 08:09 AM

Old 05-11-2007, 08:10 AM

Old 05-11-2007, 08:15 AM

Closed Thread