Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Top Five Players by position in the NBA

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah so if a team can play great for a quarter of a season we're gonna label them elite? Cool, you can I wont. SO many fairweather fans on this forum its disgusting. The warriors will still be a bottom rung playoff team next season at best, I guess we'll have to wait till then. If the warriors play any other team but the mavs (maybe the lakers), they lose the first round and there would be none of this false hype about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you on drugs? No, seriously.

The Warriors were a drastically different team in the last quarter of the season. They were finally healthy and they finally had the time to build the chemistry -- do you forget they rehauled their entire team in the middle of the season? They thoroughly defeated the Mavs, who were the 2nd best team in the regular season. Seriously, just read the Hollinger article -- you have no idea what you're talking about.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2...&id=2848594

And re: that random poster who was talking about GS beating up on scrubs, Hollinger throws out those games.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah so if a team can play great for a quarter of a season we're gonna label them elite? Cool, you can I wont. SO many fairweather fans on this forum its disgusting. The warriors will still be a bottom rung playoff team next season at best, I guess we'll have to wait till then. If the warriors play any other team but the mavs (maybe the lakers), they lose the first round and there would be none of this false hype about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you on drugs? No, seriously.

The Warriors were a drastically different team in the last quarter of the season. They were finally healthy and they finally had the time to build the chemistry -- do you forget they rehauled their entire team in the middle of the season? They thoroughly defeated the Mavs, who were the best team in the regular season. Seriously, just read the Hollinger article -- you have no idea what you're talking about.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2...&id=2848594

And re: that random poster who was talking about GS beating up on scrubs, Hollinger throws out those games.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 05-16-2007, 03:44 PM

No, the Spurs were better.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, and you say im on drugs and expect me to take you seriously?
Old 05-16-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize they were 1-3 against Dallas including the first game of the season in which they beat Dallas. And they had 9 less wins, but I guess so.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:04 PM

Mavs: 2nd in off eff, 5th in def eff.
Spurs: 4th in off eff, 2nd in def eff.

Spurs actually finished 1st in Hollinger's Power Rankings -- the Mavs were third. They also had the best margin of victory in the NBA -- by far. And let's not forget they played their best players less often than any other team in the NBA.

You would think people would know better than to rate best/worst simply on win/loss.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:42 PM

How can anyone have Josh Howard or Marion above Paul Pierce? This seems like insanity to me.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:44 PM

And if you want to call Pierce a guard, ranking him behind Joe Johnson (lol) or Michael Redd (LOL) is equally insane.