Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 19 Discussion -spoiler free-

I think why I am not enjoying these episodes as much as I should is because two of my favorite characters, Locke and Jack, seem to be acting like complete douches. Locke in my view is totally getting played by Ben and the Others. Jack may have some secret plan or something, that will of course fail or be lame, but he seems like a completly different person and has become really annoying and wierd.

Love Desmond and Sayid still though.
Really hoped Sawyer wouldn't of killed Lockes dad though...oh well.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:40 AM

i kind of like that jack is throwing us some curveballs ever since he had to watch kate gettin plowed by sawyer. good way to shake up the character.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Here's how it went:

"6 hours in. Our radio went out, no one could see us. We turned back to land in Fiji, by the time we hit turbulence we were 1000 miles off course. They're looking for us in the wrong place."

"Before the crash, the pilot said we'd lost communication; we were turning back. We were flying for two hours in the wrong direction. They don't know where to look."

So they flew east from Sydney, but turned back around and flew west because their radio went out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right.

And if that's what happened, they should have crashed at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been in the bloopers/continuity errors section of Lostpedia for some time, and I'm still on the fence about whether or not it will get an explanation on the show. If it does, I think it will relate to one of Charlie's lines from the pilot:

"Hey guys, is this normal? Kind of.. day turning into night, you know... end of the world type weather? Is this... guys?"

The island does go from dark to light pretty erratically in the early part of season 1, but it hasn't really much since. I would have no explanation as to how they could change night into day, but I can say that for plenty about this show at this point. The original DHARMA video did mention studies on meteorology.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:58 AM

Totally off subject, but I kept thinking that - in the spirit of what we've seen on Lost already - that Sawyer would have the chance to kill 'The Real Sawyer', pass it up, forgive him, come to grips with his past, realizes he's in love with Kate, start walking back to the camp ...

And then die by the hand of the 'Smoke Monster'.

Just thought it was coming.

Glad I was wrong.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:24 AM

Here's my new cockamamie theory on LOST (since I have to have a new one each season):

They're not in Hell, of course, but that doesn't mean the show isn't a little Jacob's Ladder-meets-Tron.

The airplane, on its way from Sydney to L.A., passes through some sort of magnetic field, and all of the passengers enter into this brief collective hallucination. I don't want to call it a dream because they're not unconscious and sleeping through it -- in fact it all occurs in a split second, much like the entire plot of Tron. But in that moment, every character in the plane mentally "checks out" and process the world and their own lives... people get what's coming to them, demons are exorcised, guilt is made peace with, love is lost and found, etc... everyone basically lives out the fantasy of what they want and how they have failed and what they need to make it right.

So in the last episode, the plane will pass through that field and keep going (the cockpit instruments will power back up and maintain airspeed, etc.) and everyone will land in L.A. and these strangers will spill out of the plane, sort of eyeing each other like they know each other's lives, but only a hint of it. Sawyer passes by a federal agent holding a hot chick in handcuffs and brushes her shoulder, wondering... a Korean couple looks at each other like things may work out after all... and a fat guy realizes his life isn't really cursed by some numbers. The end. It's ABC. It's Disney.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have something I didn't see mentioned this week, and maybe I'm being stupid wondering but....

That Richard(?) guy gave Locke Sawyer's file. Was he doing that known to Ben, or unknown to Ben?

Also, I was going to request the same thing from Grandma Stabone about posting a link to last week's thread in the OP every week. But considering the effort put into the OPs each week already, I didn't want to sound like a jerk in requesting it. I would be really grateful of it though, as I tend to end up having to go search the forums myself ot find it and crap. I'm sure others would benefit from this as well, too.

Either way, good work every week GS!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm certain that they were purposely vague about that. However, in the very next conversation that Locke had with Ben, Locke told Ben that he thought Ben was trying to make him look bad(exactly what Richard told him) and Ben's response was something like "Now where'd you get that idea?" which obviously implies that he knew.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's my new cockamamie theory on LOST (since I have to have a new one each season):

They're not in Hell, of course, but that doesn't mean the show isn't a little Jacob's Ladder-meets-Tron.

The airplane, on its way from Sydney to L.A., passes through some sort of magnetic field, and all of the passengers enter into this brief collective hallucination. I don't want to call it a dream because they're not unconscious and sleeping through it -- in fact it all occurs in a split second, much like the entire plot of Tron. But in that moment, every character in the plane mentally "checks out" and process the world and their own lives... people get what's coming to them, demons are exorcised, guilt is made peace with, love is lost and found, etc... everyone basically lives out the fantasy of what they want and how they have failed and what they need to make it right.

So in the last episode, the plane will pass through that field and keep going (the cockpit instruments will power back up and maintain airspeed, etc.) and everyone will land in L.A. and these strangers will spill out of the plane, sort of eyeing each other like they know each other's lives, but only a hint of it. Sawyer passes by a federal agent holding a hot chick in handcuffs and brushes her shoulder, wondering... a Korean couple looks at each other like things may work out after all... and a fat guy realizes his life isn't really cursed by some numbers. The end. It's ABC. It's Disney.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too much like a dream... no way they'd end it like that...
Old 05-03-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too much like a dream... no way they'd end it like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't put anything past these idiots. Remember the end of St. Elsewhere? It was one of the longest-running, most successful TV shows of the 1980s, and until ER it was the biggest hospital series of all time. The final episode revealed that the entire thing happened inside the snowglobe-inspired imagination of an austitic child.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:56 AM

Have you ever watched Dallas?
Old 05-03-2007, 06:28 AM

Does Ben want the losties to think they are in hell? Locke's dad said something about how the paramedic smiled at him before he went in the ambulance. I guess Ben could have arranged for the accident and somehow staged the plane being found in the ocean. I guess once you see somebody who you think is dead and the last thing you remember is being in a car crash its not a huge leap to think you are in hell. Ben would have no way of knowing about the hellicopter girl though, (unless he staged that as well which is possible) who also implanted the idea to the losties that they are dead.