Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

Shot a horrible 88 today. Drove the ball great. Could not hit a half decent shot from 100 yards and in. I'm so ticked it's not even funny.

I've been hitting my driver great and my irons down to my 9 have been great. My wedges are just falling apart and my chipping is god awful. I was leaving myself 15 and 20 foot par putts all day.

I've always been real good around the green and it's driving me nuts right now. With the way I'm driving the ball and hitting my irons I should be breaking 80 without trouble. If this keeps up I'm screwed when my driver does it's usual fall off of the face of the earth routine in a couple of weeks.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:16 PM

I played Valle de Sol in Costa Rica today, and went out to the first tee cold and made a quadruple on the first hole. I followed that with two doubles, and then was +11 on the final 15 holes for a 91.

I have an upcoming prop bet with a coworker about what I can score hitting no club all day other than my five wood (he suggested 140), the club I hit best. From hole 4 onwards, I hit my five wood for about 80% of all my non putting shots.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:26 AM

Played my golf leagues course afte work yesterday and shot a 41 over the front 9. (Par 37, 3 par 5's) I missed a 3 foot put that broke and missed the low side of the cup....

Man, so close from scratch golf over the front 9.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:42 PM

Played the back nine at Redtail in Portland yesterday morning. +13 over par, which is 10 strokes better than a week ago when I played it during a full round in light rain.

Drives were better than they've been in a while, but long hybrids and 3 wood was letting me down on the long holes, as well as the insanely slow greens because of all the dew (we started at 6:06 am). Redtail usually has quite fast greens during normal times, and later in the half-round they started to dry out, which made judging speed even tougher. It changed from one hole to the next. Mid irons and wedges played pretty well.

Redtail is quite a challenging course. The Oregon Golf Association has it ranked in it's top 20 hardest courses in the state. Great fun.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:28 PM

80 today with an unforced triple. Another reminder that if I can keep the ball in play off the tee and avoid going in too many bunkers, I can post a decent score.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:38 PM

101 after 18 holes (5th time out, third time on this course). Overall was decent except putting. 3-4 putts on every hole except 1 (2 putt - par). Screw putting.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:28 PM

First time out this year 57/52 for a 109....

...driver fell apart for 6 holes in the middle which killed me....

...and I ripped a chunk of [censored] skin out of my right ring finger on my last ball at the range the day prior showing a friend my old terrible stance and swing...which funkin hurt like hell on every swing especially woods...

....been playin on and off for a while...actually taking some lessons beginning this week.....figure its time to move on from being self taught
Old 05-27-2007, 05:35 PM

83. Started and finished strong, the middle of the round was like an out of body experience - no feel at all.

The finishing stretch started with a textbook birdie on a short (475 yd) par 5 - duck hooked drive, punch 3 iron from the left trees, punch 3 iron from the right treeline to 4 feet, 1 putt. What a game.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:36 AM

shot a 97 today at Village Greens. my putting isnt really bad, and my chipping is getting better, main problem was my driver, i slice it to the right no matter what the hell i change, need to spend some time at the driving range workin on it
Old 05-29-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
main problem was my driver, i slice it to the right no matter what the hell i change, need to spend some time at the driving range workin on it

[/ QUOTE ]

I was doing this a lot but got to the range and figured out what the problem was...im no expert and do not claim to be one but my left arm was too far away from my body on my downswing or whatever so I concentrated on bringing it back in closer and it seems I'm hitting it square and it's going straight now...even pulling sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

worst case, just shift your stance like 15 degrees to the left and it will end up in front of you