Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Don Imus vs. Black America?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It always amazes how much people are tied down and enslaved by their given political ideology in terms of how they view and percieve just about anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about me? or hoi poi?

[/ QUOTE ]

the majority of America..especially the far right and the far left.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we've come to the point where if you make fun of anyone it's X-ist. imo that's very sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the language used. Imus came under fire here because he used words that are used nearly exclusively (add, by blacks) to insult blacks and women.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-12-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we've come to the point where if you make fun of anyone it's X-ist. imo that's very sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the language used. Imus came under fire here because he used words that are used nearly exclusively (add, by blacks) to insult blacks and women.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if I say a girl looks like a prostitute, becuase she has gaudy makeup, and barely any clothes on, am I sexist because I am referencing a woman, and describing her with a word that is used mainly to insult women rather tham men?
Old 04-12-2007, 02:10 PM

Truth and "offensive" are not mutually exclusive.

AKA if I see a 375 lb man walking down the street and go up to him and yell "You're so fat!" what I'm saying is factually true however alot of people would be offended by this and think you I'm a jerk.

However now I think the rule is you can say whatever you want to whoever you want, as long as an army of PC hand wringers don't find out about it and come frantically in tripping all over themselves trying to prove who is the most outraged and most sensitive to others.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are the PC police holding us people without color to a higher standard than the rest of the world?

GS

[/ QUOTE ]

White people just can't catch a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the point I was trying to make was that if you call someone, say me for instance a fat stupid redneck I may get my feelings hurt but I could care less if you are black, white, green or yellow.

What I find sad about this whole thing is that the spotlight (however small it may be in womens sports) has been taken off one of the greatest sports teams of all time and placed on Sharp AL and the Rev Jessie James.

GS
Old 04-12-2007, 02:16 PM

I had no idea that "nappy-headed" was a racial slur. I have used this many times in the past to describe white children.

Imus is a "shock-jock" so it really shouldn't be that suprising that he would say anything.

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are the two most racist people in the country if you consider their efforts to remain at the top of that foodchain.

Hannity is often the target of racism, but never racist himself. Illegal Aliens isn't a race. They are criminals. Sometimes people can't distinguish the difference.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if I say a girl looks like a prostitute, becuase she has gaudy makeup, and barely any clothes on, am I sexist because I am referencing a woman, and describing her with a word that is used mainly to insult women rather tham men?

[/ QUOTE ]

no you would just be a rude jerk.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had no idea that "nappy-headed" was a racial slur. I have used this many times in the past to describe white children.

Imus is a "shock-jock" so it really shouldn't be that suprising that he would say anything.

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are the two most racist people in the country if you consider their efforts to remain at the top of that foodchain.

Hannity is often the target of racism, but never racist himself. Illegal Aliens isn't a race. They are criminals. Sometimes people can't distinguish the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with the first part disagree with the second...anyone who calls neo-nazi's and people who advocate or support the killing of minorities their friend/mentor/etc has some serious issues of their own.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no you would just be a rude jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why make a retarded comment like that? We all know its rud etc to say stuff like that, thats not why imus is under fire, well, it is, but nowhere near as much as the race issue.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:57 PM

White supremacist radio talk show host Hal Turner, known for incendiary anti-Semitic and racist rhetoric, has caused concern in recent weeks by explicitly encouraging extreme violence against Jews, other minorities, and government officials. Among other measures, Turner has advocated bombings and assassinations.

Anti-defamation league on Hal Turner.

Turner was also the campaign manager for Libertarian Murray Sabrin, who is Jewish, in a number of campaigns in New Jersey in the 1990s according to various sources including Sabrin's website.[4] Turner has made monetary contributions to the Sabrin campaign as recently as 2000, according to the Federal Election Commission.[5]

Something isnt right? I dont know much about Hal Turner, but Im finding some conflicting things, whats teh deal?
Closed Thread