Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you regularly go to the driving range alone?
Yes 152 62.81%
No 54 22.31%
I don't play golf / This thread sucks / Show me the results 36 14.88%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 14 Discussion -spoiler free-

Also, remember Locke telling Paulo in one of the flashbacks something to the effect of "nothing stays buried on this island". I think there is a chance they survive.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:25 AM

Possible timeline with Michael/Walt/Ben:

-Raft blown up, Others kidnap Walt

-Michael drifts to Tailie Shore

-Michael treks across the island and arrives at the Swan

-Ben finds out that he needs Jack, Kate, and Sawyer (Jack for the surgery, the other 2 possibly just for manipulating Jack?). Ben and Juliet venture to Pearl station.

-"Walt" (likely Ben/Others) has computer convo with Michael, leading him directly into Tom and Pickett's hands. This is for the dual purpose of gaining info about Walt and later sending him to get Jack, Kate, and Sawyer by promising to return Walt if he does.

-Michael is kept and interrogated about Walt for a week.

-Ben gets captured by Rousseau.

-Lockdown occurs, Ben uses computer to communicate his status and modified plan to Klugh.

-Ms. Klugh sends Michael to get Ben out and bring back Jack, Kate, and Sawyer.

This is just one possibility that I came up with from memory. The Pearl station thing could happen at a few different times in there.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-Lockdown occurs, Ben uses computer to communicate his status and modified plan to Klugh.

[/ QUOTE ]I totally forgot about Ben having access to the computers by himself during this time, good point.

Ok, just rewatched the episode and understand it all now. One question though: How many pieces of gum come in that box? Kinda strange that it lasted Paulo so long.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:01 AM

Desmond will probably sense them dying in the hole and then go rescue them.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:12 AM

I like a mystery just as much as the next person, and in a vacuum, this episode would be pretty good... however, in the context it's been placed, i.e. following a great episode with a great ending, this episode was CRAP.

They spent an entire episode telling the story which has no significant impact on the storyline of two irrelevant characters, then kill them. (Yes, they are dead. They will suffocate faster than the Losties can dig them out. Without Jack there, they have no chance of reviving them when/if they do).

why oh WHYYYYY do they end last week's episode with Locke running into has dad and then give us this crap with no mention of what happened last week (and previews spoiler --&gt; <font color="white">give NO indication in the previews that next week's will have ANYTHING to do with Locke either</font>). lame lame lame

Whoever had veto power for this episode's airing this week and didn't use it needs to be fired and blackballed from the industry forever.

then bitten by a medusa spider
Old 03-29-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a mystery just as much as the next person, and in a vacuum, this episode would be pretty good... however, in the context it's been placed, i.e. following a great episode with a great ending, this episode was CRAP.

They spent an entire episode telling the story which has no significant impact on the storyline of two irrelevant characters, then kill them. (Yes, they are dead. They will suffocate faster than the Losties can dig them out. Without Jack there, they have no chance of reviving them when/if they do).

why oh WHYYYYY do they end last week's episode with Locke running into has dad and then give us this crap with no mention of what happened last week (and previews spoiler --&gt; <font color="white">give NO indication in the previews that next week's will have ANYTHING to do with Locke either</font>). lame lame lame

Whoever had veto power for this episode's airing this week and didn't use it needs to be fired and blackballed from the industry forever.

then bitten by a medusa spider

[/ QUOTE ]

spoiler about when we'll get back to the Locke story:

<font color="white"> in 3-4 weeks from today </font>

The show has always been like this. They never stay with one storyline for too long.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:40 AM

as far as pointless filler episodes went this was ok. Did anyone notice the "smoke monster noise" during the paolo gets paralyzed scene? wonder what that was about.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be pissed if Nikki is really gone, due to her hotness. I hope "Pablo" stays in the hole, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Errrr.hmmm...prepare to be pissed.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:24 AM

It doesn't seem unrealistic to me that they added those actors to the show, found them to not be very appealing, then decided to kill them off in a great filler episode while dropping hints about them possibly surviving for more "mystery effect".

My question is this: If the medusa spider attracts so many male spiders so quickly, and they had the spider kept in their tent for so long, and the container they kept it in obviously wasn't airtight, then how were 100's of male spiders not crawling all over their tent in the first place?

We can speculate about Lost all we want but in the end what happens is what the writers decide. They drop "clues" for 10 different outcomes then when they write the script to go one way or another the ignorant masses will go "ooooooh look how they thought about this 20 episodes in advance how cool".
Old 03-29-2007, 02:24 AM

Charlie,

wtf man you're the king of dropping pseudo spoilers.