Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Action for this hand?
Call with confidence 6 27.27%
Call, but its close 10 45.45%
Fold, but hate yourself for it 2 9.09%
Fold with confidence 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Mythra is a SCAMMER

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pictures of the busted car (with some way of ID'ing mythra) and/or insurance documents from the first disappearance would go a long way toward restoring the slightest shred of credibility.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a typical collision due to a bad weather condition. I'm 22, nobody would go for an insurance for a repair cost less than 1G, at least in this country. Yeah, like I'm going to have a digital cam stored in my car so I could take a picture. This accident delayed me getting online by 3 freaking hours, not 3 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Op,
Its time to contact law enforcement. Obtaining money via false pretenses and fraud over the internet across state and country lines is at least something that can be reported to the FBI. Since its Canada, this isn't as difficult as if the scammer were in, say, Nigeria.

Regards,
--jman220

[/ QUOTE ]
Please come to Canada and talk to any 20-23 yrs old regarding motor accident that costs something like 1k. You are an IDIOT. [censored] you, seriously. Jesus christ some people don't know ANYTHING and talk about contacting FBI. Bunch of clueless people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mythra (and other 2+2ers), you're focusing way too much on the car story. Frankly, I couldn't care less about your car story (true or not), it has almost no bearing on the matter at hand. That is a completely different case than what is against you now and you keep harping on that. Give it a rest. I highly doubt you'll be able to continue to conduct peer-to-peer transfers from now on, but you could at least begin to START showing some credibility for yourself and admitting certain truths and maybe you'll begin to be accepted in the community as being someone who strayed from the path and corrected himself rather than a complete liar.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, if you are near my area and want to come hunt me down, go ahead. I'll make sure I put your ass in jail for a domestic assault and you are going to have one hell of a time explaining this serious internet business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you going to huggle first?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pictures of the busted car (with some way of ID'ing mythra) and/or insurance documents from the first disappearance would go a long way toward restoring the slightest shred of credibility.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a typical collision due to a bad weather condition. I'm 22, nobody would go for an insurance for a repair cost less than 1G, at least in this country. Yeah, like I'm going to have a digital cam stored in my car so I could take a picture. This accident delayed me getting online by 3 freaking hours, not 3 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Op,
Its time to contact law enforcement. Obtaining money via false pretenses and fraud over the internet across state and country lines is at least something that can be reported to the FBI. Since its Canada, this isn't as difficult as if the scammer were in, say, Nigeria.

Regards,
--jman220

[/ QUOTE ]
Please come to Canada and talk to any 20-23 yrs old regarding motor accident that costs something like 1k. You are an IDIOT. [censored] you, seriously. Jesus christ some people don't know ANYTHING and talk about contacting FBI. Bunch of clueless people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mythra (and other 2+2ers), you're focusing way too much on the car story. Frankly, I couldn't care less about your car story (true or not), it has almost no bearing on the matter at hand. That is a completely different case than what is against you now and you keep harping on that. Give it a rest. I highly doubt you'll be able to continue to conduct peer-to-peer transfers from now on, but you could at least begin to START showing some credibility for yourself and admitting certain truths and maybe you'll begin to be accepted in the community as being someone who strayed from the path and corrected himself rather than a complete liar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't talking about the car story at all, I just quoted that because it was the last post in the thread when I hit reply. He clearly obtained $2,000 by false pretenses and fraud, over state and international lines. Further, unlike many similar 419 type scams, he was dumb enough to give out all his personal information. Contacting Law enforcement here is a no-brainer. He can be arrested and prosecuted in Canada, or extradited back to the United States, as this is a felony here (and I"m sure it is in Canada too).
Old 02-12-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Op,

Regards,
--jman220

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't talking about the car story at all, I just quoted that because it was the last post in the thread when I hit reply. He clearly obtained $2,000 by false pretenses and fraud, over state and international lines. Further, unlike many similar 419 type scams, he was dumb enough to give out all his personal information. Contacting Law enforcement here is a no-brainer. He can be arrested and prosecuted in Canada, or extradited back to the United States, as this is a felony here (and I"m sure it is in Canada too).

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize you weren't. I was simply quoting his last post about the car.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Op,

Regards,
--jman220

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, for anyone who thinks that law enforcement shouldn't be contacted because "they won't care because this involves online gambling," you are wrong. Many of the Nigeria 419 scams involve the victim thinking they're doing much worse than transferring funds for online gambling (such as transferring funds to help move illegal millions out of a country), and law enforcement still cares. A crime is a crime.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:55 PM

Mythra, you screwed up when you messed with a Hokie. Seriously.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are probably one of the dumbest person I've ever seen online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay! Okay, enough trolling. Astarck, please keep us updated.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Op,

Regards,
--jman220

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, for anyone who thinks that law enforcement shouldn't be contacted because "they won't care because this involves online gambling," you are wrong. Many of the Nigeria 419 scams involve the victim thinking they're doing much worse than transferring funds for online gambling (such as transferring funds to help move illegal millions out of a country), and law enforcement still cares. A crime is a crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... actually if you report a 419 crime like that to the FBI you may be arrested, for exactly the reason you mention (you tried to commit a serious crime).
Old 02-12-2007, 02:22 PM

Even though none of these stories match up, I still voted "Don't know" in that poll on the last page. I can't believe the number of people ready to lynch this guy when neither side has proven anything.

The main thing is that I don't see why someone who had built up a trusted reputation with transfers would only steal 2k, when walking with 10k+ would have been just as easy.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Op,

Regards,
--jman220

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... actually if you report a 419 crime like that to the FBI you may be arrested, for exactly the reason you mention (you tried to commit a serious crime).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolutely incorrect, and extreme misinformation. Please don't post if you're going to post something this bad.
Closed Thread