Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 03:27 AM

Default Re: The Hip-Hop Thread, or Dids\'s Top 10 Hip-Hop Albums

i'm honestly baffled as to why every list does not include both of tupac's main albums, all eyez on me and me against the world. he is head and shoulders above every rapper ever and its honestly not even close. Writing, delivery, voice, content. These lists that don't include him are akin to talking about great poets and not mentioning shakespeare.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Albums that just missed the cut:

Ready to Die, Enter the 36 Chambers, Chronic, Overcast, The Black Album, Bizzare Ride 2 The Pharcyde...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you like the black album, check out the Grey Album by DJ Danger Mouse. It's a mash-up of the Black album and the White album by the Beatles. It was declared illegal so download at yr own risk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I enjoyed the Grey Album, but I used to have a copy of one made the same way, but using the music from Nirvana's Mtv unplugged performance. I thought it was amazing I loaned it to someone and never got it back.
Any idea what it was called, who did it, and where I can get a copy?
Old 03-19-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm honestly baffled as to why every list does not include both of tupac's main albums, all eyez on me and me against the world. he is head and shoulders above every rapper ever and its honestly not even close. Writing, delivery, voice, content. These lists that don't include him are akin to talking about great poets and not mentioning shakespeare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tupac is amazingly overrated specificaly because of people thinking like you.

If you were attempting to involve him in this conversation, mentioning his earlier work would be a good first start, those two albums are lousy imo.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:27 PM

overrated? im honestly not sure where to begin... perhaps we enjoy hip hop music for different reasons, but calling tupac overrated... i honestly dont know what to say... can you be more specific?
Old 03-19-2007, 09:29 PM

additionally, im mentioning tupac much more in the sense of greatest rapper of all time rather than the artist that possesses the single best album... perhaps that is where we are having our disagreement?
Old 03-20-2007, 12:24 AM

not a Pac fan, though I included Eyez out of respect.

I am quite careful about my take on Tupac because his persona resonates so strongly within black America. I honestly think that of all artists, Tupac cannot be properly absorbed by a white consciousness. I sort of recuse myself from dissecting his work for that reason, among others. I don't like him much, never turn to him for pleasure listening, but unlike other rappers, I feel any sort of authority I have on the subject wanes when considering Tupac. He seems to encapsulate a reality that a white mind can't comprehend. And I greatly respect that. I am glad his legend acts as a gatekeeper of sorts.

Dids' firm condemnation is the sort of judgement I'd refrain from making.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:25 AM

Tupac is probably among the most overrated artists of all time in any artform
Old 03-20-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tupac is amazingly overrated specificaly because of people thinking like you.

If you were attempting to involve him in this conversation, mentioning his earlier work would be a good first start, those two albums are lousy imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what kind of "logical" thinking would you suggest is necessary for justifying a hip hop legend? Constant mention of bitches and/or hos? World issues are obviously too extraneous for your little head to handle.

/ruined
Old 03-20-2007, 03:23 PM

Let's take it from the theoretical to the practical. Name ONE rapper that is better than Tupac, and we'll discuss why you think that's so.

Also, do you consider Babe Ruth or Michael Jordan to be "overrated"? When the community of fans considers them to be on an almost godlike level, then of course they are overrated, but it loses all meaning in this discussion because are talking about the "best" hip hop albums (or in my case, artists, of all time, rather than who is under- or over-rated
Old 03-20-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tupac is probably among the most overrated artists of all time in any artform

[/ QUOTE ]

Argument > Opinion