Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Ask El Diablo

el: I've done that a couple of times before. I'm more likely to do it with the poor person. I think you're right and most people would choose the other, or in general, would choose the person they relate to better.

I: For partners, I've always gone through personal networks, friends of friends, people I've worked with etc. It's very hard finding the right partners, that's one of the biggest startup challenges around. Bay Area and Boston area are definitely hotbeds full of entrepreneurial tech people, but it's becoming a lot more commonplace to do in other places too now. Austin, Atlanta, LA, and other places are all seeing a lot more startups. Still, in terms of resources and like-minded individuals, the Bay Area is a clear number one and Boston is a clear number two.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:03 PM

You passed on $20M? OMFG, I will never complain about bad beats again.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:10 PM

f2f,

Investors had veto power on a sale. Investment bankers advised us we would be dumb to take that offer because we were guaranteed 2-5x that much in a few months to a year. Then the whole market went to hell. Oh well.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:16 PM

El Diablo,

1) Why do you enjoy doing what you do?

2) I am currently studying classical culture as a sophomore and researching finance and playing poker on my own and will prob make mid five figures or higher this year (I only mean to mention that to insinuate that after college I could support myself via poker, but not lucratively). I hate the 9-5 lifestyle. After poker I think I might want to do something centered around business or finance. Unfortunately, I will not have a financial background coming out of college. What's my best course of action to ensure that I can get the most out of the business/finance/sales sector without humping a cubicle or getting a high profile business degree?
Old 01-30-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Diet sodas taste the same as they ever did, gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever tasted these? (black cherry and strawberry cream) They are ridiculously good and happen to be a diet soda. I'd go even as far to say that I'd rather drink these than the original.

insane? or just weird taste?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:35 PM

Yo El Dizzle

Have you ever seen the movie StartUp.com?

StartUp.com IMDB

One of my teachers popped in this in today during class. It definitly held my attention and I certainly will buy/finish it sometime if we dont in class. It could all be totally fake and unrealistic though for all I know.

Whatca know about 'VCs' yo?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:49 PM

El Diablo,

I have lived in SF for about 2 years now, and am thinking about buying a condo soon. What do you think about the market in SF? I will be looking at 1 brs on the low end of the market.

NotMitch

edit: I now have read the thread and see you dont know much about real estate. Reading is in fact fundamental it seems.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:00 PM

NM: I actually know a fair amount about the market here, because I've been looking for a while. My general feeling on SF is I always decide it's a bad time to buy and then the market always goes up. I think the tech upturn is gonna stay solid for a while now, so I imagine it's a decent time to buy now. Hopefully haakee will chime in here, he knows more about the market than me.

P: That movie is totally realistic, though not all founders are such dicks. Overall, though, it's a really good picture of how a lot of that stuff works.

Reef: No, never seen them. Pepsi sucks anyway. Also, I'm sure some of the newer high-tech sweeteners are not as bad as Nutrasweet or whatever.

Clayton: I like problem solving and creating/building stuff. Also like helping people achieve those types of goals. My business activities directly involve all of those things. As for a job, I dunno, go into sales maybe.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:21 PM

ED,

2 questions.

1) Why and I still not a mod? I figured it was because I had an avatar that used parkinson's patients to make fun of another 2p2 mod, but I took that down!!

2) Why do so many Indian men wear mustaches? It certainly doesn't seem to rub off on their American-born children.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Why and I still not a mod? I figured it was because I had an avatar that used parkinson's patients to make fun of another 2p2 mod, but I took that down!

[/ QUOTE ]

mmbtone,

man if I can't get you in no one can.
Closed Thread