Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Neteller Founders arrested

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fYI:

As a trial for us all, I have just withdrew 1k from PokerStars, proceeded to put it on my neteller debit card and safely recieved it through an ATM.

Besides the elimination of instacash the site seems to be operating as usual.

I will miss neteller the ease of use is unmatched

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW......I requested an EFT for $1000 on 1/17. As of today, the request is still pending. It normally takes two to four days for the EFT to complete.

The following message is posted in a link on the Neteller site on the member sign-in page......

[ QUOTE ]
US Member Update

Effective Immediately

Due to recent US legislative changes and events, effective immediately, US members are no longer able to transfer funds to or from any online gambling sites.

All US members will continue to be able to use their NETELLER e-wallet account to safely transfer funds to and from non-gambling merchants and are not required to close their account or withdraw their funds.

Please note that we are experiencing higher than normal support volumes and recommend that you read the FAQs for more information.

[/ QUOTE ]

......I will update this string with further news when it occurs.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's now 1/22. Repeated attempts to get through to Neteller via telephone successful tonight.

Informed by help desk there that money EFT transfer process will now take 2-3 weeks instead of 1-2 days due to the change in federal US rules. Furthermore, once the withdrawal process has been started, it cannot be reversed.

Had I known that, I would have simply requested a check from Pokerstars and be done with it.

It appears that I have little choice but to wait and trust that I will eventually get my $$.

Again, I will update when I have anything new to share.