Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2006, 04:57 AM

Default Re: A sub-point

[ QUOTE ]
If the price of gasoline goes up, I have less to spend on other things, and gasoline providers have more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Couldn't one consider this a less win-win, but still win-win? Why else would you spend money on the gasoline if you didn't value it more than the money you spent on it?
Old 12-10-2006, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the price of gasoline goes up, I have less to spend on other things, and gasoline providers have more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Couldn't one consider this a less win-win, but still win-win? Why else would you spend money on the gasoline if you didn't value it more than the money you spent on it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I still have less, they still has more. There are 2 different things going on here.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I still have less, they still has more. There are 2 different things going on here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Only if you do agree to buy the gas.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The entrepreneur guarantees wages to the worker in exchange for the profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Entirely false! The entrepreneur does not! How many workers have been robbed of their entitlements because the entrepreneur was a half-brained nitwit, brainwashed in the Dale Carnegie, Napoleon Hill, Ayn Rand, etc... type of pseudo-intellectual who thinks that the desire to succeed will somehow warrant success!?
Old 12-10-2006, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
every non-voting share, which, most don't vote because they're held by mutual funds, gets counted as siding with the management instead of simply not counted

[/ QUOTE ]

This is false. Even if it were true, most mutual funds vote their shares. Individuals are far more likely to fail to vote.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The entrepreneur guarantees wages to the worker in exchange for the profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Entirely false! The entrepreneur does not! How many workers have been robbed of their entitlements because the entrepreneur was a half-brained nitwit, brainwashed in the Dale Carnegie, Napoleon Hill, Ayn Rand, etc... type of pseudo-intellectual who thinks that the desire to succeed will somehow warrant success!?

[/ QUOTE ]
False, eh? What would you call it when the entrepreneur makes a contract with an employee stating that he'll pay the worker $X/hour for his labor?
Old 12-10-2006, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
False, eh? What would you call it when the entrepreneur makes a contract with an employee stating that he'll pay the worker $X/hour for his labor?

[/ QUOTE ]

A con, if dependent on the entrepreneur success! What would you call it?
Old 12-10-2006, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And didn't you admit earlier that most owners/managers are not parasites? What's the point of calling capitalism a "parasitic production model" if not empty rhetoric?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I said owners who ALSO perform work in the firm make a real contribution. That just means they aren't pure parasites. This is just a single maggot in the rotting corpse of our world. In large part, those who work are poor, and those who are rich do not work.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Richest 2% hold half of world\'s assets

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No. I "work for" the guy whose yard I'm mowing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure ok. You work for him, but you aren't his employee. He's a client.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the difference? He can fire me.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you gonna tell me a lawyer with his own practice isn't self employed because he has clients?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to tell you that "self-employed" isn't some magic exemption from the reality that someone else is giving you money in exchange for something.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A con, if dependent on the entrepreneur success! What would you call it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The employee gets paid every 2 weeks, the entrepeneur often has a business plan that expects to not make any money for months or even a couple of years, meanwhile the employee is still getting paid every 2 weeks, MAYBE the employee misses his last paycheck, or gets a reduced amount (and the most sever cases he might miss 2-3 pay checks).