Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 03:22 AM

Default Re: FTP Answers 11/10

Doug, a few of my thoughts:

I don't have major lag issues, though OCCASIONALLY my tables may lock up all at the same time. It's unfortunate, but I figured it was a server issue. Nature of the beast. I run FT, PTO, PAHUD, 4 tables, and tons of other stuff (Torrents with a small upchannel, Thunderbird, sessions of Firefox, Soul...search? sometimes, etc) and I just don't get the massive problems people are talking about. But then, I have 1 gig of RAM and an Athlon 64 3000. Then every minute or so, PTO pegs the processor and thrashes the drive and I think it might be time for a new box entirely. *sigh*

I like the bronze freeroll, but it looks like I might qualify for silver this month (gotta clear my bonus by the 9th!). Maybe a way to step down the freerolls? I don't play NLHE much and kind of suck at it these days, but I enjoy the dead stacks at the bronze level. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

People wanting more bonus, they have a bonus every 2 months like clockwork, it's quite nice now. Maybe a buyable bonus from the point store would be good.

Table filtering is crucial. I really don't care to see NLO8 tables or 6 max tables or the c(r)ap games (I prefer full tables). There should be some way to get the client to download the list and then filter it client side.

A buddy list would be great, maybe as a separate program like UB has. Players default to opted in, but maybe there's an opt out.

This is going to sound dumb, but the thing I really want is a custom avatar. I understand there are issues with not wanting to load up the software with avatars and make the software take up a lot of disk space, but I think if you make the avatars download with the table, you could solve this problem. Then make custom avatars cheaper. I know it sounds lame to the pro types on here, but I'm sure some civilians and fish types would play more to try and reach the goal of having their own. Look at Stars, people love to put stupid crap in those little circles like eyeballs and such and sometimes you can get reads based on them (hot chick amateur photo, hot chick pro photo, not hot chick amateur photo, etc).

FTOPS - I like it, but the satellite structure somehow manages to always piss me off. That and the fact that you guys AGAIN managed to spring it on everybody as a surprise. The client announced it days before the webpage about it was updated to reflect the new schedule. One or two games got the shaft (eg LO8). On the whole, things on the website don't always get updated promptly, and that needs a lot of work. Will FTOPS be a quarterly event? Annual? Let's figure that out and work up to it. Promote the hell out of it. Get the pros in there to play like Stars did for the dubCOOP. Bigger fields will thrill everybody.

A little tweaking on the tourney structures, especially at limit. Haven't played a non-sat HORSE tourney lately (gotta clear that bonus by the 9th!), but I think the steps are a little steep. I also kind of miss the Tuesday night $5 HORSE tourney.

HORSE cash game tables would be sweet, but I understand that may take time. Dealers choice? Sweeter still. That's long term, though.

One more thing - maybe an observer chat filter based on buy-in like Stars. Give the pros a bit of a break, they deal with enough stupid questions as is.

I'm sure I could rant more, but that's just a start.

Great site, it's become my primary. UB just didn't have players (and still doesn't, even though it's better) and the bottomless pit of bonus just bores me. Stars is ok, but FT is a little more enjoyable for me.

Oh yeah, and more Perry Friedman! I love that guy.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:26 AM

Oh yeah, and HORSE tourneys with 10 minute levels are just weird. You play through HORSE and then play H again and then go on break. Maybe switch them all to 12?
Old 11-15-2006, 03:56 AM

When I want to get on a table I would like to get on the waiting list for first available seat instead of getting on a bunch of different waiting lists. This is such a hastle and when I finally get on evough tables I would like to be able to select "remove me from all waiting lists"
Old 11-15-2006, 04:12 AM

Just saw this thread and figured I would add my 2 cents.

I played mostly on FTP the first month after Party closed and generated a fair amount of rake (6kish) like many others but I had to cash out recently due to the absurd lag that has been occurring. I sent an email to support basically saying the same thing as well.

Currently I am playing solely on UB because of a few reasons:
Higher Rakeback
Better Promotions (Similar signup and reload this month + weekly points to cash which is worth around $400/wk for me)
No Lag.

I would like to play on your site because I think you have a bigger player base, more games to offer and generally seem to have pretty good, responsive support.

However I can't effectively multitable due to the lag and there are no overriding incentives(like people play on Stars just becvause of resizable tables even though there is no tangible RB) to make me play on FTP.

Would love to come back once these issues are fixed/adressed.
-John
Old 11-15-2006, 05:55 AM

Why does your software not display the rake taken graphically like every other popular online poker room?

This isnt enough to keep me from playing there, but is insulting to your player base, in my opinion.

When will you fix the problem of chat spammers?

get rid of the multi table sngs that arent double stacked, players dont like the 1500 chip 5/min sng structure for a 45 person tourney, and for a comparable DS tournament it doesnt run any significant length longer.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does your software not display the rake taken graphically like every other popular online poker room?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that it makes a tangible difference to you if there is a $1 and a $0.50 chip in the center of the table instead of it just saying $1.50?

Personally, I prefer the latter. To each his own, though.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:31 PM

I finally found one of these fabled "deep-stacked" games on FTP!

Old 11-16-2006, 12:13 AM

I would love to be able to leave these freerolls im so generously entered into automatically.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:19 AM

Doug,

I understand your stance on freerolls being a +EV venture for players, but I have a few suggestions which could make the system better, especially for those of us who are getting rakeback.

1. Offer an "unregister" button in each unique freeroll, allowing us to pick and choose which ones we have time to play and which ones we dont want to bother with.

2. As a part of the Ironman freeroll series or similar, allow players who qualify to choose between enterring the ironman freeroll or getting for example 4 $26 tourney tokens. I know that for me at least, I'd much rather have that than a single ironman entry. (Still deduct from the MGR, just let me choose what tourneys I want to play)

These are primarily centered more along letting us choose where to use the equity that you are giving us with the freerolls than being taken out of them, but I think they would be very welcome changes for many of us.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in the past, one was able to switch from one affiliate to another. this is now no longer the case, and as a result i am not playing on your site as the financial hit of playing without RB as a pro is quite significant. I have already logged 22K hands this month. why don't you want my business?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really loved FTP while I played there. The customer support was great, software was great, and action was great. I probably put in over 150k hands during the 2 months I was there ranging from 5/10 to 2/4NL.

Problem is they promised to switch me to rakeback. I requested the switch on the first day through a major affiliate. A couple weeks later, I get an e-mail back from Full Tilt saying "Sorry, we changed our minds." That lost my business. I now play 3,000 hands/day in the crappy games UB offers and deal with their crappy customer service to get rakeback.

I would love to give my business back to Full Tilt but I simply need rakeback. The day FTP goes back to standing by its word, I'm there for good. Even counting the rakeback costs, I'm sure you're missing out on a lot of business from others in the same situation as me. No hard feelings, I just can't justify skipping out on rakeback until I move back to 5/10 or higher.

[ QUOTE ]

What I would suggest is that the site have a built-in HUD. That way, there is a reasonable expectation that everyone would be able to use it, and the playing field really would be level.

If using a HUD is not an unfair advantage, I don't see why this proposal shouldn't have the support of those who use them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the reason why is that the people who use them have put in the time to research, study, and learn the game. Those are the people who find out about HUDs. Nothing wrong with the casual player, but I don't see why they should be given a crutch when they can get out there and learn it all for themselves just like we did.