FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Re: ***Official Buffalo Sabres 2006-07 Thread***

thx, tsn.ca has it also.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just saw a brief highlight of the goalie fights, etc, is there somewhere online I can see all of the fight highlights?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49sqgSv5SE0

Ruff's actions = stupid. The result = awesomeness.
I haven't been following the Sabres, but if this is any indication on Ruff's style, no wonder the Sabres have so many injuries. Ruff was a million times more cheap than Neil was, all because he can't handle a legit hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good logic. Go away.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:20 PM

...anyone who thinks the Neil hit was anything close to the Umberger hit needs to look at the footage again....Drury had passed the puck and a second had passed and yes it was a cheap shot and a late hit, and he Neil could have avoided it....the Umberger hit was clean as can be and for god sakes Umberger still had the puck so he was intefering also....and another thing that was said on Sportscenter was that Neil is known for late/cheap hits and that teams tend to do this type of thing versus the Sabres because they known they can't skate with them...

...so I am now prepared for you to call me a homer

...and situations like this are the reason why Ruff is one of THE best coaches in hockey right now, he handles the game like the players want it to be handled...and its also why in a poll on ESPN he was considered by 41% or something like that of the players polled league wide to be the best coach in the NHL right now...

...and I wish he woulda beat the [censored] out of the Ottawa coach just for fun...and the Ottawa players are a bunch of pussys for not defending there [censored] goalie, which is exactly what Melrose said on Sportsccenter last night
Old 02-23-2007, 01:23 PM

Mark Mancari up, Drury out. 32 stitches for Drury, and a possible concussion. I don't think this is over, nor should it be.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just saw a brief highlight of the goalie fights, etc, is there somewhere online I can see all of the fight highlights?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49sqgSv5SE0

Ruff's actions = stupid. The result = awesomeness.
I haven't been following the Sabres, but if this is any indication on Ruff's style, no wonder the Sabres have so many injuries. Ruff was a million times more cheap than Neil was, all because he can't handle a legit hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Please dude. Being Sharks fan, let someone go out and draw blood on Thonrton or that slow dude riding the surf board on the versus commercials and see what happens.

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't been following the Sabres

[/ QUOTE ]
This pretty much renders your opinion on his style and how they get injuries useless. Reigning coach of the year, top team in the league and theyve been playing with 9 guys from the AHL and still went 6-0-1 in their last 7. His style ust suck...

Why was him sending out his enforcers cheap? WTF was Murray doing with those guys on the ice. He must be as slow as he talks to not think something was going to happen the very next shift.

Surprised Heatley didnt use his stick as a weapon and slice Peters neck open when he rag-dolled him. I mean he is a murderer and all.....
Old 02-23-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"don't go after our f***ing captain", lindy ruff is the best. I thought the Neil hit was late on drury, and the sabres did what any team should do after their captain gets knocked out by a late hit, they went after the other team's skill players.

Should be a fun one saturday night...

[/ QUOTE ]

Difference is, your captain was hit cleanly. Cheapshots and headlocks were given out to their stars blatantly. Ruff is a pussy. Grow some balls and fight the other coach [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lindy Ruff would have kick the $hit out of the other coach and any other coach in the nhl for that matter.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mark Mancari up, Drury out. 32 stitches for Drury, and a possible concussion. I don't think this is over, nor should it be.

[/ QUOTE ]

and they play sat night again?

sweet.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and they play sat night again?

sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope its sweet but I think nothing will happen. The NHL will make sure of that.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:24 PM

They can try to make sure of that, but if the little snowball gets a little momentum, who knows what can happen.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They can try to make sure of that, but if the little snowball gets a little momentum, who knows what can happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Brian Murray already through out the we'll take care of this if the NHL doesn't so I would look for some pretty stiff penalties if anything was initiated.

Besides, if the way the Senators manned up when Emerey squared off with Peters is any indication, I dont see them initiating anything. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]