Tea (milk..) 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2006, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Bears 2006 Season Thread

This was from the Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Old 10-14-2006, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MT2R is usually such a great poster. Weird that he's posting this crap. And I'm not a Bears fan.

Hope he's not betting money on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty

Nope...I just loyally troll the Bears threads. If you live in Chicago and try to be objective about sports, you end up hating the Bears with a passion....just happens.

The Bears fans here all know my feelings on this subject and I doubt any of them take me serious.

BTW.....

comeuppance in 2 days
Old 10-15-2006, 11:22 PM

Week 6
The 5-0 Bears face a team that the only thing going for em is their new stadium. I checked the depth charts of the bears and I beleive I have found a glaring weakness that Arizona's best bet is to attack. Longsnapper Patrick Mannely's backup Desomnd Clark has zero(count em ZERO) professional long snaps. If the cards can throw some different looks at Mannely, I'm sure that they can get to Clark, and book a win in the process. The battle at the long snapper position is my key to the game for Arizona. The number of times you will hear Bears and Super Bowl or Miami during the game is 44. And the number of times you will hear grass field and moves outdoors is 10. This is also the final score of the game Bears 44 Arizona 10. Cheer up cards fans at least next week you face Oak giving you the opportunity to shut up the only person on earth that thinks you guys are a worse team than the Raiders.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:17 AM

I'm pretty sure Patrick Mannely has NEVER botched a long snap in his professional career. Accurate snaps from him are probably the surest thing in the NFL. Actually I think one could probably make a good arguement that he is the greatest longsnapper of all time.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Week 6
The 5-0 Bears face a team that the only thing going for em is their new stadium. I checked the depth charts of the bears and I beleive I have found a glaring weakness that Arizona's best bet is to attack. Longsnapper Patrick Mannely's backup Desomnd Clark has zero(count em ZERO) professional long snaps. If the cards can throw some different looks at Mannely, I'm sure that they can get to Clark, and book a win in the process. The battle at the long snapper position is my key to the game for Arizona. The number of times you will hear Bears and Super Bowl or Miami during the game is 44. And the number of times you will hear grass field and moves outdoors is 10. This is also the final score of the game Bears 44 Arizona 10. Cheer up cards fans at least next week you face Oak giving you the opportunity to shut up the only person on earth that thinks you guys are a worse team than the Raiders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great analysis..lol.

Seriously though, what is Jerry Angelo thinking not picking up a veteran backup longsnapper with proven experience in case Mannelly goes down? Why do we risk our whole season on the health of one guy?

These guys have worked to hard to turn to Clark in a high pressure situation if he is needed!
Old 10-16-2006, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Week 6

[/ QUOTE ]

Great analysis..lol.

Seriously though, what is Jerry Angelo thinking not picking up a veteran backup longsnapper with proven experience in case Mannelly goes down? Why do we risk our whole season on the health of one guy?

These guys have worked to hard to turn to Clark in a high pressure situation if he is needed!

[/ QUOTE ]

Fer all you know, Clark is a kick ass long snapper.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently Angelo and Lovie think so, as they didn't address this glaring need of backup long snapper in the off-season when there were SEVERAL PROVEN viable free agents available to fill the role.

No, in their smugness, they chose to leave this position undermanned, cutting corners again.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently Angelo and Lovie think so, as they didn't address this glaring need of backup long snapper in the off-season when there were SEVERAL PROVEN viable free agents available to fill the role.

No, in their smugness, they chose to leave this position undermanned, cutting corners again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my god. If they need, I can long snap for them. Its easy as hell. Its not like not having a back up QB. Also, there's probably a 100 free agents out there right now that oculd be signed if the need be.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my god. If they need, I can long snap for them. Its easy as hell. Its not like not having a back up QB. Also, there's probably a 100 free agents out there right now that oculd be signed if the need be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think he is joking.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's kidding, but long snapping isn't that easy.