Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2006, 10:07 PM

Default Re: My God the Chargers look good

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I even look for former 6th pick overall Quinten Jammer to finally break through now that he has a 30 mil $$ contract. Oh and Antonio Cromartie, this year's first rounder...there a photo of him picking off a pass in practice, just skying...Holy Albert Puljos he's a freak too!!

Someone told me its 4:1 against them winning the division. Fair share is 1/4 or 3:1. Frankly, I will be suprised if they don't win it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jammer had a key pick, Cromartie was sick in a 91 yard kickoff return (scout at combine re Cromartie: "He looks like he's from another planet". He does, man. Division is all but wrapped up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yards/Attempt vs. DBs

The data is only through week 8 and we've had a couple bad defensive games in the last few weeks, but through week 8 Cromartie was ranked 7th in the league in Yards/pass attempt allowed with only 4.2!

The last few games have been harrowing wins. This team is giving me ulcers and we're still a game back from Baltimore and two back from Indianapolis because of tie breakers. Needless to say, the difference between 2nd and 3rd seed is prodigious. Even if chargers were say, 60% favorites in all their playoff games, here are their probabilities of making SB w/ and w/o the bye week:

Bye: .6^2=.36

No Bye: .6^3=.216
Old 11-27-2006, 01:58 AM

"The last few games have been harrowing wins. This team is giving me ulcers and we're still a game back from Baltimore and two back from Indianapolis because of tie breaker"

From Chargers.com:

The injured players listed as inactive included starting wide receiver Keenan McCardell (calf), starting left guard Kris Dielman (ankle), backup running back and kick returner Michael Turner (hamstring), starting free safety Marlon McCree (calf) and starting defensive end Luis Castillo (ankle). And that doesn’t include starting outside linebacker Shawne Merriman, who sat out the fourth and final contest of his four-game suspension.

So don't sweat this game, sure Chargers got lucky to win. But I'm sure a lot of these guys could have played, but they are trying to get well for that playoff push.

I don't care about the seeds or whatever, just get in and go after it. If its meant to be, cool, if not, well strap it on and do it again. This is the year though, and that window can close quick. Even when you think its a young team on the way up, things happen. If this is the year, it'd be real sweet.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:38 PM

Bolts Brief: Day late, Dollar short.

Making the dollars actually playing no-limit, thanks in large measure to you forum dudes. You can really grind the hours at that games, I'm an old school limit 30-60 Bellagio, 40-80 Commerce type. I'd want to kill the dealer after 6 hours of that torture, but I'm playing marathon sessions again.

So somebody tell me what's up with the Bills, they got some speed at wideout, with the Roscoe (Chief Jr. or P. Coltrain, your choice) Parrish. Lee Evans is a speedster too. I saw the Bolts kill Bills at Q last year. Someone tell me if Castillo plays, if so, with Light Out back, its probably lights out for Bills.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:41 PM

Bills are playing well, they've won 3 of their last 4 and lost the other by 1 point to Indianapolis.

Historically, the Chargers do very poorly on the road in cold weather stadiums in December.

Definitely not a gimme, but we're -6.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:15 PM

The Bills re-shuffled their OL during the bye (moving their best lineman to LT) and they've played much better, as has JP. However, the run defense stinks, and they've been a little lucky to win these last 3 games. Too bad Spikes is a shell of his former self. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2006, 04:19 PM

Chargers are rockin and rollin, Merriman was a beast. Seems Phil met Tony G. yesterday finally, just in time for that push for home field.

Give the Bolts some love!!
Old 12-05-2006, 07:30 AM

Some thoughts on the Chargers...take the under this week! (42.5) Den couldnt score w/Plummer and will score less with Cutler; expect a more conservative offense to suit the rookie. SD of course will score but Den defense still pretty decent.
We need to give Shaun Philips an extension immediately before he becomes rfa next year. We also need to lock up SM, LC, and IO long -term also. Props to AJ for initiating contract-extension talks w/ Wilhelm to beef up the middle when he replaces Donnie next year.
If we win out, I predict that IND will lose at least one more giving SD the first seed.
Yeah the Cowboys are the best team in the NFC, but they wont be able to beat the Bears in CHI. SD and CHI in the Superbowl.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:26 PM

Wecome to the forum, smsp. Under sounds good. Rookie is in for a tough tough time Sunday. No homering with this, just fact, #1 sack defense is back in full force, and if Castillo plays, oh man. Mad dogs.

In AJ we trust, he has the golden touch.

I can see Bears beating Dallas in playoffs. Neutral field I think Cowboys win, Rex is become more of a sure thing in a bad way and bail out from D and Special Teams not going to be there vs. solid teams.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:20 PM

Bolts Brief: The final chapter?

Okay this might be it for the Bolts Brief since my guru says I need to concentrate on the Dhamma and busting mother-[censored].

Okay, I predict a huge blowout by the Bolts Sunday. Seriously, the D is back, the planets are allined, a rookie first road start, its going to get really ugly.

That's it see ya.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bolts Brief: The final chapter?

Okay this might be it for the Bolts Brief since my guru says I need to concentrate on the Dhamma and busting mother-[censored].

Okay, I predict a huge blowout by the Bolts Sunday. Seriously, the D is back, the planets are allined, a rookie first road start, its going to get really ugly.

That's it see ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like an accurate description of the game. Chargers fans not surprised by the team, only by the lack of bad luck that usually hanunts them. The early existence of the thred is testament to the Charger's expected success.