3 2 33.33%
4 1 16.67%
5 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 09:30 AM

Default Re: Official SB Fantasy Football League - sign up details + rules deba

Anyoneinterested in an NFL share pool?

(start with 100 shares and bet them on NFL against the spread, prizes for biggest increases in shares).

My Dad is running a $100 buy-in pool online. PM me if interested and I will send you the rules. (Sorry for the hijack)

AA
Old 08-22-2006, 11:44 AM

OK an update on signups:

First, and most importantly, we'll continue open signups to the point that we need to fill our leagues, through tonight. We've got some odd numbers and need a couple more people in most leagues. I'm going to send out PMs to the people who signed up and didn't pay and see if we can close them out, but if there's anyone not on the list, please feel free to signup. There's a small chance that the last odd signup might have to be refunded if we can't make appropriate even numbers.

Second, yes, the parent post (top post) has been kept up to date. It should be up to date now with signups - if you've paid and you don't have a star by your name, send me a PM so i can get it figured out.

Here's a quick summary down here:

HALL OF FAME ($200) - 18 | 13 paid

We need three more people to split the league in to two divisions of eight, or else we'll have to drop the last person and go to 12.

PRO BOWL ($100) - 19 | 11 paid

We need one more person to go to a 12 man league, or could take three more and split the league to 2x8.

VETERAN ($50) - 15 | 8 paid

We're good here. Could take more signups in pairs though.

ROOKIE ($25) - 6 | 3 paid

Only 3/6 have paid so we need three more paid signups to make this viable. I'm fine keeping this league open and rescheduling the draft for the following week, if the $25 people are good with that as well. I can also jump in to the league myself i guess to round it out, if necessary.

More updates soon (rules, league IDs, etc)
Old 08-22-2006, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Only 3/6 have paid so we need three more paid signups to make this viable. I'm fine keeping this league open and rescheduling the draft for the following week, if the $25 people are good with that as well. I can also jump in to the league myself i guess to round it out, if necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

My opinion is that the draft should be held later.

I also think there's a good chance the $50 won't work out where everyone can play it. Send those people down here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2006, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think there's a good chance the $50 won't work out where everyone can play it. Send those people down here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Orrrrrrr you guys could come out the pocket for another $25 and jump up! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

edit- If the $25 gets atleast 7, then I'll play it also.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Orrrrrrr you guys could come out the pocket for another $25 and jump up! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] I will join the $25 league if you do, and that will get them to 8.

Performify I will also join the $100 league to make it even if none of those signed up pay.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Official SB Fantasy Football League - sign up details + rules debate

i would like to do the 25 rookie league..
Old 08-22-2006, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Performify I will also join the $100 league to make it even if none of those signed up pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Money sent for the $25.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Money sent for the $25.

[/ QUOTE ]ditto fingokra=Benzaiten
Old 08-22-2006, 02:01 PM

shipped the $100...
Old 08-22-2006, 02:56 PM

Default Good news / bad news : draft dates

OK I have good news, and I have bad news.

Good news:

I got great response from sending out PMs. We should be able to roll with two divisions at Hall of Fame (we're up to 15) and Pro Bowl (at 13), and we're good with at least eight in Veteran and six in Rookie (with others close so we should be able to get to eight there). We'll still take signups through today for sure to get the leagues filled. If we end up with odd numbers, I'll refund money last in, first out.

The bad news:

our draft dates / times really aren't available. The latest avaialble time on Wenesday is 5:45pm CST and thursday is the same. There are times open late Friday night, all day Saturday or Sunday. If any of those work for anyone. During the week next week is also out. Its got to be Friday night, Saturday afternoon or night, Sunday afternoon or night, either this week (26th, 27th, 28th) or next week (Sept 1st, 2nd, 3rd). It looks like the weeknight draft times are reserved for the Plus leagues.

We could also hold an offline draft, I guess - just do it over chat with each person drafting and me keeping track and recording and updating the site. I think its less optimal but might work, I guess. I can also look in to drafting on some other free sites and then importing that data back to yahoo.

So I'm going to try to poll each league.

Please vote in only your league (you can hit "just view results" in the rest if you want). You can vote for ONE or TWO dates/times, if you want to express a preference for a top two.

Closed Thread