Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Attention Atlanta, Georgia:

[ QUOTE ]
Trip report?

[/ QUOTE ]

Average Monday evenings out in Atlanta deserve far less press coverage than your interest might dictate, Gunny.

Long story short: non-Texans are capable of doing up some surprisingly tasty barbecue, so long as they stick to pork.

What you really want is a Vegas trip report, which is in the last stages of drafting.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Average Monday evenings out in Atlanta deserve far less press coverage than your interest might dictate, Gunny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soul Daddy & 'Cardo + others meet up and nothing interesting ensues? Are we to believe this? Highly disappointing.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:02 PM

jake- here's my best summary of the evening:

i roll up to t0ne's and cardo's place in the ghetto around 7. i avail myself to ice and fake coke (special k?) to mix with my vodka. i believe the only other mixer there was water. weak. souldaddy is lost. apparently, mapquest doesn't want white people to go to north ave, so it automatically sends them to the other north ave south of the aiport. i remark that mapquest probably assumes that no black people actually have computers, and no sane white person would ever go to north ave. t0ne agrees. i continue to drink. souldaddy shows up. he looks remarkably like bruce willis. mmbt0ne has some class or something during the summer and was going to do homework. we haze him into taking us to an awesome bbq place that diablo recommends.

i forget the name, fatty macs or something along those lines. we get lost going there; it's near emory. very crowded, we order. lady behind the counter wouldn't sell me beer. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] we eat, talk about 2p2, i get another pork sandwhich. we leave, go to some ice cream place (had to go to a second one, as we couldn't park at the first one). eat ice cream quickly, leave, return to the ghetto.

souldaddy probably doesn't want to be in the ghetto at night and quickly departs. i want to continue to drink so i go inside with cardo and t0ne. t0ne retreats to his room. i am not sure what he does in there. i drink and talk some poker with cardo. just so everyone knows, cardo is a losing poker player (ok, maybe breakeven) but is a professional rakeback whore. he makes it apparent that it's time to go, so despite my drunken state i go home. t0ne doesn't come out of his room even though i shout at him. lame.

as you can see jake, monday evenings in atlanta = lame.

holla.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:49 PM

All,

Original outing went down smoothly. I plan on doing this again
Friday or Sat, August 11th /12

For those who can get away I think a trip to Sweetwater Brewery the Thurs or Fri prior would be good. Regardless I'll prolly be there.

Any weekend works for me, but I figured the 18th might get in the way of some people school prep.

My overdue trip report--
Clayton drank an entire drink all by himself.
Parlay Slow is part of the ginger nation.
MMbt0ne is 8 feet tall
Shadow is a light-weight who shops at Brooks Brothers.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:50 PM

will, we have a homegame on friday. pm me if interested. shadow says he is out of town.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:01 PM

hm, this was somewhat disappointing. Sort of expected a little more action, perhaps more description of the major players.

[ QUOTE ]
souldaddy shows up. he looks remarkably like bruce willis.

[/ QUOTE ]
this was my favorite part
Old 07-25-2006, 07:05 PM

Except he doesn't. He's just got a soul patch and the Bruce Willis balding buzzcut, which is of course the only correct solution to that particular problem. He is, however, an intimidatingly handsome man. My nigga.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:46 AM

Gunny, unfortunately I'm rather lame. Shadow gives a pretty good description of the festivities, or lack thereof, other than failing to note that he apparently used all of the ice (!?) in t0ne/cardo's place by the time I got there. I tried and failed at drinking a straight Maker's.

Also, how can you forget the name Fat Matt's? We were there in honor of its obvious namesake. Diablo's rec was quite tasty, which wasn't really a surprise.

I surmised early on that these guys are not American Idol fans.

t0ne likes to drive around aimlessly and really doesn't like looking for parking spaces.

And of course, anacardo is right. Though no pipes were wielded, it was still a grande few hours.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Original outing went down smoothly. I plan on doing this again
Friday or Sat, August 11th /12

[/ QUOTE ]

bump...

Is this still going on this weekend? I'd be down for Saturday. Friday probably not, but maybe.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:35 AM

Beats me. I'm always bored, so I'd be in.